5.0 out of 5 stars Unique removable feature
What makes these different then every other label out there is the glue they use. These are removable, not just like typical sticker glue.

Published on January 18, 2010 by Angela Streiff

I do not believe many reviewers have thoroughly tested this product. We tried them in a variety of printers, in a variety of environments (hot/cold/humid/etc), and on a variety of media (paper, cardboard, glossy cardstock, plastic). Our results were nearly identical to other Post-It label products.

In summary, a fantastic product, but with a near fatal flaw for...
Published on December 26, 2009 by Mad Max

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique removable feature, January 18, 2010
This review is from: Post-it Super Sticky Removable Color Coding Labels, 1 Inch x 2 5/8-Inch, Assorted Neon, Laser, 450 Labels per Pack (2700-P) (Office Product)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

Kind of like Command brand hooks, they are meant to go on, stay for while you need it there, then come off without leaving anything behind or taking anything away with it. This I believe is why they are a little more pricey then the every day label, because they are not the every day label.

You can put these on paper or folders and they will pull off when you want to remove them, but won't tear the paper. These are good for when you need to label things for short term and want to remove the labels when you are through. These are unique in that way. It's a solution to the sticky notes that always fall off.

*Edited to ad this*
Also this pack has 4 different colors of labels in it (not just the blue shown in the picture). It has a neon pink, highlighter yellow, neon green, and the aqua blue (shown in the picture). Post-it offers templates for printing your own text onto these lables at their website. You just type in the leabels you have and it brings up a template for them. The you type in what ever info you want, put a sheet of the labels into your printer and hit print. Was way easier then trying to find the right one on a Works, Word or WordPerfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will inspire you to get organized, December 5, 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I always aspire to be more organized than I am-- quite frankly I just find most organizational activities boring. So I'm always looking for something that will "liven up" the experience, so to speak.

These labels are great-- they come off the backing easily, don't tear or stick to your fingers, don't get messy, and they stick to virtually every surface I wanted them to stick to. (Fortunately, they did not stick to the dog-- something that sometimes happens when I'm putting labels on things and the dog is in the room.)

They are removable which came in handy for me while I was creating temporary file names which I later wanted to move around and change. I did discover though that some labels I put on colored files were very secure about three days later-- I'm not so sure that after a few months they might be harder to remove- or might leave a mark when removed. The statements on the packaging warn about that so test surfaces you have concerns about.

But they're brightly colored, easy to use, and very flexible-- and perfect for a non-organizer like me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright colors make things easy to find, but don't use it on everything, January 21, 2010
Ryuji Suzuki (Boston, MA USA) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This label has good adhesive, which is strong enough to stick but easy to remove. The color is also very bright and bold. So, these are ideal for organizing storage bins, document boxes, etc., especially when there are so many of them, because you can print labels by running this product through your office printer and any label printing software/template.

If you try to use this product on regular documents, I think you will find that the colors are too bright and the glue is too strong. Maybe it's okay to use on large manila envelopes or folders when you need them to stand out, but I wouldn't use these on everything. I'd limit these bold colors to things that need to be easy to find at all times.

Incidentally, if you are a small business and making promotional material, a sparing use of bright sticker like this might help getting attention. Just a thought.

4.0 out of 5 stars used for baby bottle labels, March 19, 2010
E. Gerschutz (Weston, OH United States) - See all my reviews
i purchased these to print labels for on the baby bottles that go to the daycare every day. what working mother has the time to handwrite on masking tape in the morning? they have worked really well except that if they get wet, you have to wait until they've dried to remove them otherwise you've got a sticky mess. after 2 months of use on the bottles, there's no sticky residue building up on them from the labels. what a relief!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great organizational tool, December 10, 2009
Sterghe (Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really like to keep things organized. If it can't stay on my computer, it's in labeled binders or plastic school boxes of office supplies--and I made a wooden cabinet specifically to hold the school boxes. There are products I like and use heavily, and others that just caught my eye at the office supply store, which I was sure I'd love but never really used.

These definitely fall into the former category. They're very practical. Here's what I like best about them:

1) They're not glossy. The finish is just like any other piece of neon-colored printer paper. That makes them easier to read, especially in bright light.

2) Depending on the surface and time lag, they'll really move from one item to another. Occasionally, I'll have material stored in a 1" binder and decide to move it over to a 2" or 3" binder, for example. Some of my binders have places to insert removable labels, but many are the cheaper kind without that feature. With these Post-it labels, though, I can just move the label to the new binder. (The plastic binder backs seem--so far--as if they're going to allow the labels to be moved after some time. I don't think they'd move as readily from paper/cardboard folders and such after they'd been in place for a while, but I'm not using them that way.)

3) The template [...] actually work to print correctly on the labels. Sometimes I've had Avery products that didn't match the supplied templates quite right, so I like it that this template is accurate. My inkjet printer works just fine with them. The package insert says the labels will work with either inkjet or laser printers.

All in all, I'm very happy with these labels.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright, sticky, easy feed labels from Post-it, December 29, 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Since receiving these Post-it(R) Super Sticky Removable Color Coding Labels I've used them for a variety of things. Labeling jewel cases with the names of family members for picture CDs I was giving them, dating some of my jars of canned veggies and jams, marking boxes for storage in the garage and I even used a few for putting names on Christmas presents when I ran out of my holiday labels.

What I liked:
Colorful and easy to see
Stays put where you stick it
Easily removed if you need to (They came off my canning jars without any leftover residue)
Easy to feed into the printer without jamming
Reasonably priced

In fact I liked them so much I plan on picking up their larger 2x4 Inch Shipping Label and the Round Labels for highlighting dates on our calendars, shopping ads, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect solution to *my* problem, January 14, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Here's the problem I was facing... We moved last week and I wanted a way to label my furniture such that the movers could easily tell where things were going. These things did that perfectly.

Forget the Laser/Ink-jet controversy, I used a magic marker. The bright colors made it easy to see the label and the temporaryness meant that I could remove them once I had been moved in. What was amazing was that none of the labels fell off during the move. In a couple cases the movers repositioned them and they still held on through the entire trip. Just the right amount of adhesive for them to qualify as both stickers and removable.

When I first heard about these I thought it was a solution in search of a problem. Now I realize that these can be invaluable in the right circumstances.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great removable labels, December 4, 2009
P. Cannon (Big Pine Key, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are great labels and much better then the label pads this company makes where you can't tear off at the perforation without leaving an ugly jagged edge. These are on a sheet of wax paper so you just peel and stick. I just write on them with a pen but I don't see why my inkjet wouldn't print on them even though the package only says "Laser". I like that you can remove them once you've put them in place and I like that you have 4 colors. They have nice clean rounded corners so they look professional and neat. Great product with really strong adhesive yet removable!

4.0 out of 5 stars nice product label, December 3, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
the product works well with inkjet printers. prints crisp and clear. the labels are super sticky and stick well to the files/paper

3.0 out of 5 stars Love them - but paper width/thickness may pose problem for some printers, December 26, 2009
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

In summary, a fantastic product, but with a near fatal flaw for many people - paper jamming. Here are our results:

* Colors: A subdued neon - 3-4 sheets of each color: green, yellow, blue, and pink. The colors are great for reading black text. (Other brands we've tried are too bright, and distract from the text.)

* Adhesion: Seriously exceptional. They stick great to a variety of surfaces: file folders, file folders, cardboard boxes, regular copy paper, books, plastic (i.e., shrink wrapped items & blister packs). They even stick well to textured surfaces, like the side or back of a VHS tape. Same results each time - great adhesion. I'd even feel ok using these as shipping labels.

* Temperature: We tried these in warm (80°F) and cold (20°F). They do exceptionally well in the cold - even standard packing tape has problems in 20°, but these adhere pretty well. They do not fall off easily.

* Moisture: They even hold up well when slightly damp, or exposed to slight humidity. Unfortunately there is no way to report any "long term" testing at this time (i.e., if your records storage is not climate controlled - but I have no reason to suspect any problems).

* Removability: Yes! They peel clean & easy.

* Re-usable: Yes! If using on cardboard, they can peel & re-use 3 or 4 times. If using on file folders, or a smoother surface (blister packs, glossy book covers, etc), even more. Adhesion is great.

* Printer Jams: OOPS! ... design flaw may affect some people. Tested in 5 machines - jammed at least once in every machine. It jams in our laser printer & laser copier nearly 25% of the time. It jammed in our ink jet printer once or twice.

The problem is that these are slightly thicker than some cardstocks, and slightly wider than 8.5" (actually about 8.55"). They don't feed in our plain paper copier/fax machine AT ALL - the paper width cannot be adjusted, and it simply wont grab the sheet.

WHEN PRINTING: Make sure the paper width in your printer can adjust slightly, and make sure not to mix them with other types of paper - take out your copy paper when printing with these labels. Also, it tends to feed better through "straight feed" printers (like our ink jet) as opposed to laser printers which feed paper through an S-shaped drum. And, if your printer has had problems with thick papers, such as cardstock, expect problems with these too.

* Re-feeding through printer: Here's another potential problem. They work best in only one direction. It's not designed to print 10 labels, turn it over, and print 10 different labels at some point in the future. That will waste labels for some people, who don't need to print 30 labels at a time. Also, if you try to feed it through a laser printer more than once, the edges will start peeling (due to the heat I suppose, which is not an issue with ink jet printers).

* Laser vs Ink Jet: When they did feed properly, the resolution was great on both types of printer. This is also an impressive accomplishment - be advised when most label companies say *both* laser and ink jet, they really mean it's been designed for ink jet, and your laser toner may or may not flake off.

* Cross-comparison: We compared these to 3M, HP, Avery, Office Depot Brand, and Office Max brand removable labels. They rank BEST for adhesion, temperature, removability, and re-usability...but *WORST* for printer jamming.

* Conclusion: They are excellent in every way except for occasional paper jams.