5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Framing Hammer
Published on November 24, 2006 by Mark Tapungot

2.0 out of 5 stars Stiletto Tibone close, but no Cigar
I've been a framer for a lot of years. This review is for any carpenter that wants the truth about this Stiletto Tibone hammer.

I finally decided to pay the big bucks and get one of these Tibone hammers because of all the reviews I read.

Published on May 28, 2006 by Frameallday

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Framing Hammer, November 24, 2006
This review is from: Stiletto TB15MC TiBone 15-Ounce Titanium Milled-Face Hammer (Tools & Home Improvement)
I have used Stiletto hammers for years, and always loved them, I had a hard time justifying the price for the Ti-bone, but after a month of driving (and pulling) 16's I have to say this is the finest tool I have ever owned. It has all the advantaged of an old school Estwing (nearly indistructable) but none of the disadvantages (hard as hell on your elbow and heavy)It drives sinkers in 2 swats easily and it is easier to control than almost any hammer I ever tried. The magnetic nail starter will make placing those hard to reach nails a breeze. The steel faces are replaceable, a nice feature.

All in all an expensive (but well worth it) and wonderfully crafted tool for the professional framer. You will never need another hammer again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Stiletto Tibone close, but no Cigar, May 28, 2006

Actually, I prefer wood handle hammers, but we all know that they don't last as long. Anyhow, all the hype I read made me go ahead and get this titanium from Stiletto Tools.

Here's what I've found using this hammer.

The actual weight of the hammer is not 15 ounces. The head may weigh in at 15 ounces, but the hammer actually weighs in at 33.1 ounces. Suddenly, my 22, 24, and 28 oz framers don't seem so heavy now.

The handle is wrapped with a rubber material that makes it nice to hold on to. But, the handle end has a curved bump-out that makes it almost impossible to get in and out of your steel hammer loop. And, if you use a leather loop, forget about getting this hammer in at all.

The replaceable face is 1 1/2". That's ok I guess for some, but most of the guys that I work with don't need that big a head to hit nails. Anyhow, it is replaceable, but I sure don't have time to make the necessary adjustments to keep the bolt holding it in place secure.

The picture you see advertised has a inverted triangle to "pull those 16's with ease." I actually think it's easier to just keep on using the claw to bend over those 16's.

The side of the face you don't see is open. I didn't like that at all, especially if I want to use the side of the head to start a nail in tight spaces.

I'm not one that likes to slam anyone, or anything. But, I'm really doubting that this Tibone "15oz" hammer has the driving force of a 24oz framer. But, again, I'm a carpenter, not a test engineer.

Also, I'm no doctor either, so I can't pretend to verify if this hammer makes my elbow feel any better. Actually, this hammer doesn't do anything either way to make my elbow hurt worse or less because I'm already used to a 28oz framer. As far as I'm concerned, the only thing this Tibone hammer has going for it is the advertising hype. As for my new Stiletto Tibone, it's off to the Ebay auction to recoup a few bucks back from the outrageous price I payed for this hammer.

5.0 out of 5 stars young vet carpenter, November 15, 2006
I have had this hammer for about a year. I used to own one of the older yellow handle ones they make but I have a carpenter that works for me that really wanted one. Stiletto stoped making the yellow one so rather that get him the new better hammer with the nail puller on it I got it and gave him my old one. I love this hammer!!! it is light and solid and strong. It has shown almost no wear except where the rubber meets the handle at the top is frayed some from heavy usage. I do a lot of framing and this thing you can nail all day with and not feel like you arm is going to fall of. It hits just as hard as those steel hammers too. If you do this for a living you will love it so its worth it. But if you don't do this regulary its too expensive and nice to be in storage. You will also take it to lunch with you when you go on break. Just because you don't want the thought of some one else messin with it. A true carpenter uses his hammer like a samurai uses his sword. You develope a bond with it and learn it. This thing will not let you down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worlds best hammer, October 26, 2014
As a concrete union carpenter I've had the hammer for 3 years and know people who've had it for well over 8 years long story short best hammer money can buy if I can't break it using it for chipping concrete beating ties on a steel form driving steel stakes pounding rebar (when pliers are missing) and using the side to clean plywood sheets using the nail puller to pull out anchor bolts and a 16 duplex with tie wire in concrete and pulling raw pins that need a breaker bar to pull out!!!

Worlds best hammer hands down I've yet to meet a person in the trades not be jealous of my hammer or want one

Cons:
Price
The claw wears out (don't chip concrete well)
Will get stolen if not looked after (haha)

Pros
No shock
Lite weight
MERICA!!!
UNBREAKABLE

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect blend, May 9, 2003
Richard B (Manchester, Michigan United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this hammer after having used a wooden handled titanium
hammer for about 3 years. This hammer is slightly heavier than the wooden handled models but still lighter than the 21 oz. and 24 oz. hammers that I had used before the titaniums. This gives it a bit of an advantage in actual nail beating over the wooden handled titaniums. But it still is light enough to efficently drive nails in tight spots which is one of the advantages of the light hammers that I never hear anyone talk about. The only knock against this hammer that I can see is the open head doesn't allow you to drive nails with the head sideways like you would have to do in really tight spots. I guess thats what I've got one of those air palm nailers for. Some would say that the price is a knock but if you make a living with your hammer, not to mention that this hammer should last forever I'd say it's worth it.

2.0 out of 5 stars No Thanks!, April 21, 2011
I have been in construction for nearly 15 years now and have tried many hammers. I received this one as a gift and loved my 14 oz. Stiletto with the hickory handle, so I figured I would love this one as well. Not so, after two months I got tennis elbow so bad I couldn't hold a can of soda, ended up having to get a cortisone shot to releave the pain. Stick with the 14 oz. titanium with the hickory handle. I have had that hammer for 5 years now and still have the original handle on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, Lightweight HAMMER, December 1, 2014
This is a great hammer for everyday carpenters. Its light weight but hard hitting and very minimal vibrations but buyers need to be aware that this hammer is a "long" handled hammer. I use this hammers for my daily tasks making wooden concrete forms this hammer is perfect. My previous hammer was also a stiletto but it was a 14oz hammer and it has straight handle. I got it many years ago and it was time to get this 15oz hammer.
Very very happy with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great investment!, October 19, 2012
I'm a framer, so I was lucky that my boss had this exact hammer. He was always raving on about how good it was, so when I drove a few nails with it I liked the feel of it as well and decided 2 buy 1.
Once I got my own and got used 2 it I love it even more. Curved handle has a lovely feel, perfect weight, drives any nail with ease, no repetitive strain injury, but the side pullers is the wow factor, it is brilliant!!
It's a lot of money for a hammer, but if you're gonna be using it day in day out, you'll be very happy with the investment!

5.0 out of 5 stars worth buying, September 7, 2014
Ive had the earlier version of this hammer. I was the first in my company to get one. Now almost everyone has one. I have had it for more then ten years. I have replaced the head 4 times. I love everything about this hammer. I dont have a back up because I've never needed one. I recommend this hammer for everyone. I know the price is steep but well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars super price, July 10, 2014
great tool and super price

Stiletto TB15MC TiBone 15-Ounce Titanium Milled-Face Hammer