‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I love small town romances!, January 24, 2013
AEM "LOVE IT!" (In love. Reading.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Still the One (Mass Market Paperback)
I was given an advance copy of this book. It's about a girl going home who is forced to face the decisions and pain she left behind when she left her home town years ago. Lainey is smart, wounded and a dog lover! (bonus :) ) The dog 'Pita' catches your heart right away and of course leads us to Ethan the local vet. He's connected to Lainey in a way you think he can never/should never forgive. But then the story that unfolds will have your heart twisting for these characters pasts while you root for them to have a second chance in the present.

The other characters like Laniey's mom and sister, plus the cast that makes up the small town are painted so well. The story captures the gossip of what small town life is all about, the way the people know all about everything that's going on in the town, and then, in the way the town does love and support each other despite the microscope environment. The romance between Lainey and Ethan is...just...perfect sigh and has you laughing and hanging on to your heart as these two admit they still love each other.

I loved this book and hope to find more from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely tension and compelling characters, March 6, 2013
sahm-I-am (Central Vermont) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Still the One (Mass Market Paperback)
The preview pages/excerpt on Amazon drew me in right away and I found I was really eager for the book's release! The author does not disappoint. The main character is a driven, successful and independent young woman who has been working to create a life on her own terms -- something I think many women can relate to. When she returns to her childhood home temporarily, she is sucked back into small town life - the difficulty of everyone knowing too much about you, but also the way it takes people working together to make things really work and how that can create something bigger than its component parts. It's a nice glimpse into some of the dynamics of small town life (I live in one, myself). There's an interesting dynamic/conflict between the main character and her sister as well that you find yourself hoping will be eased. Pet lovers will enjoy the important role that four-legged friends play in the characters' lives! Best of all, though, was the lovely romantic tension between the characters, who seem like they really were meant to be together, which kept the pages flying. In the end, I greedily (and okay: guiltily) read it in one sitting. I look forward to seeing more work from this author!

5.0 out of 5 stars Still The One, February 13, 2013
Jessica K. Muzzio (Colorado Springs, CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Still the One (Kindle Edition)
Still the One by Michelle Major was an excellent read! I literally couldn't put it down and finished it in 2 nights - that's after work, dinner and kid's bedtime! She immediately fleshed out the characters and had me buying in to these people's lives within the first 10 pages - which is something that is not always so easily found in books. Her turns of phrase, nuances of the characters, and interesting plot kept my buy in for the whole book. A very enjoyable read - I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, this is good!, March 12, 2014
jeana_71 "jeana_71" (Cincinnati, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Still the One (Kindle Edition)
I'm always nervous when I read a new author (new to me). I need not have worried. Ms. Major is a GREAT author. I was so enamored of this book, that it would frequently send me into daydreams about my own love life :) I really liked this book a lot, and would recommend it to anyone. I don't like to give spoilers, so I won't mention any details. Suffice it to say that she is one of my favorite authors of this genre, and I'm pretty darned picky about who I read these days!

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Smart, Funny and I Couldn't Put it Down!, March 7, 2014
This review is from: Still the One (Kindle Edition)
I read all kinds of books, but one genre I've never read was romance. But I heard about this book through a friend and thought I'd try it. I LOVED it. It was nothing like a cheesy romance I was picturing. It is a smart work of fiction that keeps a perfect pace. There were twists that I didn't see coming. I was shocked at how much I loved this book. As soon as you're done with this book, read her 2nd book, "Her Accidental Engagement." Great book as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't want to put it down, January 23, 2013
This review is from: Still the One (Mass Market Paperback)
It's not often that I find a book I simply don't want to put down. However, the would be romance between Ethan and Lainey had me turning pages until the very end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Written Romance!, January 23, 2013
This review is from: Still the One (Mass Market Paperback)
Still the One brings Lainey and Ethan reluctantly back together to sort through their past differences. The emotional depth and longing portrayed throughout the story have you aching for more! The book includes a fun and entertaining cast of characters that only a small southern town can provide. The past hurts of the characters have you turning pages to see if they can resolve things. Written with emotional depth and clever dialogue, Michelle Major's debut novel is a hit! I hope to see more stories set in Brevia, North Carolina, from the author! I highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great romance - kept me up at night!, February 10, 2014
This review is from: Still the One (Kindle Edition)
I haven't read many romances, but this book has enticed me to read more. The tension between Lainey and Ethan kept the pages turning, and I loved the small town setting. I was so interested to find out the ending that I stayed up until 1:30 in the morning to finish it! If you want a good read that you can't put down, pick this one up.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT, November 22, 2013
This review is from: Still the One (Mass Market Paperback)
Love love love this book. It took me away to another place. Well written and consuming. I stayed up all night reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, January 24, 2013
This review is from: Still the One (Mass Market Paperback)
I read this sweet story in less than a day. Still the One is not your typical romance, the writing is top notch. I fell in love with the characters and cannot wait for Michelle Major's next book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Still the One
Still the One by Michelle Major (Mass Market Paperback - January 22, 2013)
$5.25