Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on October 31, 2012
I don't know what I expected when I picked up this book, but it sure wasn't what I thought it would be. I thought I could zip right through this story in a couple sittings, but I found myself wanting to read every word, so it took me several days to do the book justice. And was it ever worth it. I was both heartbroken and inspired by Lee's story. Lexie and Jake are certainly hot lovers, but the subject matter of the book deals with the darker side of humanity, and Lee brings the reality of human trafficking to life with a power I've not read before. This book is well written, and intense, and will make you search out more of Lee's work.
on January 16, 2013
In this second book of the Big Girl series, Jake and Lexie go up against a sex trade syndicate. The dangers they face aren't always from the outside, however, as they try to find balance in their own relationship. Taylor Lee writes strong plots, strong characters and lots of action.
on April 12, 2013
Once again Taylor had me sad, happy, and totally spellbound! This book is every bit as good as the first one! But Alexis still needs a good spanking! There are some very HOT HOT scenes! I can't wait to read the next book in this series.
on December 30, 2012
The series is a great read. I finished reading it in two days and couldn't stop. The characters are powerful. My review is short since I don't want to give anything about the book or series away but if you enjoy reading romantic suspense with military, special ops, and strong female characters then I highly recommend the series. Now I have to wait for the next book...hopefully not too long.
on January 23, 2013
I think I have read just about all of her books and loved them all. Hope she has more on the Grandmaster series coming out. She is due for the next book on Lexie and Jake. Do we know when exactly. I CAN HARDLY WAIT. SHE IS A GREAT WRITER.
on November 6, 2013
The storyline was interesting. How the wee going to infiltrate this group and bring them down. I like Jake. I like Brady. I liked Peter. I liked almost everyone but her. Hate to say it, but the jury is still out on Lexie.

I want to like her, but I'm finding that I don't. I understand that she is supposed to be strong and independent, but she is stubborn, hard-headed, inflexible, childish, and extremely irritating. I keep expecting her to throw a tantrum. Jake and Lexie seem to constantly be doing battle unless they are having sex, and then the battle precipitated the sex.

This is the second book I've read in this series, and she is irritating in both. It's not a good sign when you read and it is difficult because of the female lead.

I am sorry to keep repeating myself, but Lexie is so over the top irritating, I am not really sure I want to continue to follow her story.

I gave this 3 stars because the storyline was decent if you overlook the behavior of that one character.
on March 24, 2013
Although this book can be a stand alone, I would recommend reading the first book in the series, Big Girls Don't Cry. You will get the story of how Jake and Lexie meet and more of their background. I loved Big Girls Don't Cry, so was anxious to read this book and it didn't disappoint. In Big Girls Don't Cry, Lexie and Jake take on drug trafficking. In the second book, In The Still of The Night, they take on human trafficking. Meeting Lexie in book 1 made me want to run out and take karate. She's a strong female character who can kick the crap out of men three times her size, but she still has issues that carry on to the end of book 2. I had to remind myself of her background from book 1 when she started to irritate me, and she only irritated me because I absolutely love Jake. I'm hoping in book 3 she learns to let go and let Jake take care of her. Of course what suspenseful romance doesn't have sexy, mercenary type men. This one has Jake, who loves Lexie with everything he has. His partner, Brady, loves her like a sister. The bond these three have is amazing to read about. The dialogue during the intimate scenes with Lexie and Jake went in and out of character for me. I love the Jake that took charge and dominated her, but not so much when he was overly anxious. I can't wait to read book 3 and, without giving any spoilers, I'll just say I hope Jake gets both of his wishes.
on September 10, 2013
Lexie is amazing but too stubborn for her own good. Jack was a little too naive in thinking he neutralized a woman he obviously TURNED OUT in the bedroom to truly leave him alone and not go after Lexie.. All I can say is that there was a whole lot of passion between Lexie and Jack! I want Brady to find someone and I like how Peter was introduced to the group of the main cast! These two main characters, Lexie and Jack are passionately in love and they go through what couples go through just on a much higher scale given the lives the lead. Lexie should have disclosed more information that was considered vital and dangerous for her.. Things could've gone smoother. Master Wan is amazing! I like his quiet power over anyone that comes close to him. Peter was an EXCELLENT deviant all the way until the end! I knew something was up! I'm glad he turned out to be who he was... Very good book! If you read big girls don't cry.. You'll enjoy this! Now onto the final one!
on July 13, 2013
I should have known by the title that this might not be my cup of tea but I thought I'd give it try since I do love suspense and thriller. And a little bit steamy love scenes wouldn't hurt, but it might be just a tad too much for me. The main story line was decent and exciting mainly because the subject it is dealing with. And the beginning is intriguing and strong unfortunately it started to get a little cheesy and predictable after the first quarter. It feels like most of the characters are models walking out of GQ magazine or Victoria's secrets. I like the action, the mystery and the dark side of the story but there aren't enough of them. There seem to be too much of the emotions and the graphic love scenes. I also notice that there are quite a few long run-on sentences spoken by the two main characters which i found a little tiring and unrealistic. But then again it's just me. I would still recommend this book to readers who are interested in this genre.
on March 13, 2013
This book is the second book in the series. The underlying plot was good. I would like to have seen more of the relationship between Lexie and Jake. It seemed that the only time they got on was when they had sex. The other times they were always angry with each other. I would like to have seen a bit more of a glimpse of their normal relationship. Lexie has a more civil relationship with Brody.The relationship she has with brody is nice with the quick little one liners and humour.
I liked the way Peter added another aspect to the story.
I will watch for the next one in the series.