Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 8, 2010 10:50:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2010 10:50:37 AM PST
Mirza Gusic says:
The have just updated the extras for the Alice Blu-Ray. And while I'm grateful for the release and now that facts can change, from the info so far (which seems extensive) we won't be getting a documentary on the making of Alice in Wonderland (except the "Reflections on Alice" featurette which is 13 min in length).

Extras:

----New BD Features
- Through the Keyhole: A Companion's Guide to Wonderland - View the movie in this special mode and discover references to the original Lewis Carroll classic - introduced by the voice of Alice, Kathryn Beaumont.
- Disney View - Watch the movie in this expanded viewing experience with new Disney art in the wings of the screen
- Painting the Roses Red game - Help paint the roses red in the Queen's garden. Careful, or someone could lose their head
- Walt Disney color TV introduction (1959) - A never-before-seen color TV intro by Walt
- Reference Footage: Alice and the Doorknob - Kathryn Beaumont provides an introduction to this newly discovered reference footage of Alice talking to the doorknob
- Pencil Test: Alice Shrinks - Kathryn Beaumont introduces a newly discovered pencil test of Alice shrinking

---- Classic DVD Features:
- Reflections on Alice
- Operation Wonderland (now in hi-def)
- "I'm Odd" newly discovered Cheshire Cat song and intro
- Thru the Mirror Mickey Mouse animated short (now in hi-def)
- One-hour in Wonderland
- An Alice Comedy: Alice's Wonderland
- Original theatrical trailers (1951 & 1974)

Posted on Dec 5, 2010 2:45:58 AM PST
poddie says:
I am greatly disappointed in this as well...

In addition, I am a huge fan of commentaries, and an even bigger fan of Cine Explore (is that the term?) commentaries... with the little window showing production artwork and the people who tehy are talking about. It seems Alice will be the first Disney animated Blu-ray feature to not include any type of commentary. I was really hoping they would fill out and do commentaries for the features that did not have them (Cinderrella, Alice, Fox and the Hound, Lady and the Tramp, etc). Some of these may be releases that are not as popular, but commentaries and bonus features add greatly to their value and provide a fascinating look at the films in historical context.

Of course, I suppose we are lucky Disney is not screwing us over by putting all the bonus content in their "virtual vault" like they did with Fantasia BR... available only with an internet connection and in a tiny window. YUCK.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 5, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Alice In Wonderland (Two-Disc 60th Anniversary Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
Alice In Wonderland (Two-Disc 60th Anniversary Blu-ray/DVD Combo) by Kathryn Beaumont (Blu-ray - 2011)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (850)