on November 8, 2013
I live in Maryland, practically the epicenter of the brown marmorated stink bug invasion, and in the Autumn
billions of these horrid creatures want to hibernate for the winter inside homes. Take it from me it is highly obnoxious when they wake up throughout the winter and buzz around your house, poop on walls and spray their nasty smelling stuff whenever you disturb them.

In the fall, during a couple of "peak" days billions of these pests leave soybean and other fields and head for houses Thousands will land on the outside of a single house and crawl around until they find a way in. Even if you seal all the cracks and crevices that you know about, a substantial number will discover the one place you missed.

The best way to get them before they get you is to vacuum them from the outside of your house into a wet vac loaded with a few quarts of water with a few drops of detergent to help them drown. But most wet vacs are not designed for walking around the outside of a house and carrying up ladders and the like, necessary to get these bugs off the undersides of eaves and other places.

This year I got a Stinger and an extension wand (not included--easy to purchase), removed the filter, put two quarts of water with a little detergent in the reservoir, hooked up a long extension cord, and went to work. This was a perfect portable unit for this purpose. After sucking up several hundred I would dump the water from the easily accessible and easily cleanable reservoir, refill it, and continue. My only complaint was that, after enjoying the work so much (you have to experience stink bug invasions to appreciate that), I finished so quickly.

If you live in stink bug territory, you should really consider getting one of these units. I understand they can be used for other purposes besides stink bugs, too.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Don't let the size fool you; though this is small enough to store in a kitchen cabinet, the power is equal to the wet/dry vacs that are far larger.

While it will suck up dirt, nails, anything wet etc. with ease, it is also a blower: blow away sawdust in garage projects, etc.

Basically this does things a vacuum cleaner can't in power suction so tough you can pick up staples, etc.

The size makes it easier to dump, easier to drag around and pick up to get the sawdust on a work table, for example, easier to get it in and out of doorways, and easier to store.

I did not find the power to be less than my huge one I used to have, it just does its job but takes up less space.

This means we used this far more: we keep it INSIDE rather than the garage so it's easy to grab and use inside, in the front yard, or the backyard.

According to the owner's manual, the replacement filters you'll need are stock number VF2000.
on August 24, 2013
Have been using a wet/dry stinger in an animal rescue shelter (uber messy), daily, for more than ten years. Wanted another, as the original may be on its last legs and it's the best vacuum I've ever had/used. Got the first locally for $25...and now they're more than twice that? Too rich for our blood, so I started looking for amazon deals.

This one was $30 w/shipping, and the description said it was in excellent shape. I asked the seller how old it was, how it had been used; if all of the parts were included. Crickets chirped. No response, whatsoever. Decided to take a chance and bought it anyway.

The item arrived packed very badly. Everything was just rattling around loose in a raggedy box, the unit was filthy, and an essential part (the long "stick" that one needs for hoovering and holding the attachments) was missing. Luckily, I can just use the one I already had, but that means we can only use one stinger at a time and I was hoping to double up for as long as the first one lasts.

What slayed me is that after getting everything out of the box there was a piece of paper informing me that the sellers are Christians and this business is all about their faith. A: the bible says one is supposed to keep that sort of thing private, and B: who would Jesus ignore, mislead, and short? I refer to people like this as Christ-Free Christians and would never buy from them again.

UPDATE: Didn't realize that the name of the seller wouldn't show on my review, and don't want my negative review to impact an innocent party. The not-as-advertised stinger was sold to me by Shoe Depot 225 (glad I have the stinger but will never buy from them, again).
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 9, 2012
Computers and very detailed interior cleaning? This is a must. Great suction for the size and instead of using compressed air, this baby can be used to blow as well. They they make TINY, Barbie doll sized attachments for this unit. Side note, I bought this vacuum at normal price for $29 at The Home Depot and the mini attachments for $15. I bought this for work but may buy one for the cars. You'll never find the kind of detailed attachment for a normal, full size shop vac that you can for this. $53... Probably worth it but $29 you can't lose.
on July 5, 2013
Have had this affordable and super dependable shop vac for over a year. Can't say enough about how well it works - certainly better than the Dyson and more convenient to use. Great for cleaning nooks and crannies.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is a great little wet vac! I bought it in a store at a significantly lower price, and it has all the suction I need and works reliably. The only problem is that it doesn't come with a wand... just the two handheld attachments. (You can, of course, buy the wand separately.) Aside from that, it's a powerful little unit and easy to store and clean.
on October 19, 2014
Ok, I use these vacs for something unusual. I work for a company that makes allergy medication for yellow jacket and hornet sting victims and I catch entire live colonies of the angry insects using Stinger vacs (No pun intended.) I have fashioned in-line screened containers to prevent the insects from going into the vac and then set up at the entrance of the nest and catch the bugs as they come and go. I use Stinger vacs all day every day and they last for years. I probably put more hours on this vac in one season than a home owner would in their life time. They are cheap and they last forever.
on July 14, 2014
Go to homedepot it's $29
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 21, 2015
Thank god that as a precaution, I had set it into a black plastic tub which was on a reversed rubber mat.

I used it to clean out the liquid that accumulates in the bottom drip pan of our compost toilet. It did a fantastic job of that; much better then the long tool that came with the toilet and eventually broke.

The bad part is that it not only drips out of the rear outlet; it sprays out. The top edge of the tub caught half of that. The rest sprayed as a fine mist all over a bottom shelf of cleaning supplies about 3 feet away. Fortunately, I was able to carry the supplies and the shelf outside for cleaning.

In the future, I will continue to use the tub and mats, but I will also shove an elbow or short vacuum hose into that outlet to direct everything downward.

Or I will leave the paper filter over the cage and throw it out afterwards, even though the directions say to remove it for wet work.
on April 10, 2015
I use this shop vac to clean out my ceramic grill. It does a great job getting all of the ash that accumulates under the fire box. Plenty of power. Suits my purpose just fine. Will use to clean out cars also. Great lite unit.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations