- Hardcover: 1312 pages
- Publisher: LWW; Third edition (December 13, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0781766699
- ISBN-13: 978-0781766692
- Product Dimensions: 11.1 x 8.6 x 2.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8.3 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 3.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,059,684 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Stocker and Dehner's Pediatric Pathology Third Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
There are, however, some disappointments:
1) The chapters are shallow in depth, which may leave you wanting when looking something up. A two volume book would have been better.
2) The references are truncated and difficult to access - you need to go online to get the full list at the end of the chapter.
3) The non-tumoral pathology could use better/more examples of images. There are plenty of nice images of tumors - but often, that is not needed. Less common cysts, bumps, heterotopias, hamartomas represent areas of pediatric pathology that the practicing pathologists could use better pictoral examples. One would expect a book from these distinguished authors, to be able to produce such things from their own consultation files.
I would recommend buying the book if you don't own the earlier edition. If you do, you are better off getting an organ specific book which includes pediatric topics.
But you may not want to throw away the 2nd edition. For one thing, the Appendix section of the 2nd edition with many tables, charts, forms, etc, is missing from the 3rd edition. (In the print version at least. It might be available online, which I have not yet checked out.) Dr. Stocker apparently did not realize that the appendix section had been or would be edited out when he wrote in the first page of the book that "a variety of forms and protocols are available for the pediatric autopsy and one of these might be used (see Appendix)...."