5.0 out of 5 stars Unique characters & interesting story
This novel had me laughing out loud, feeling the mood swings of the main character as he experienced the community horrors of kidnappings in his town, and fervently wishing for our hero to win the fair maiden's heart.

Published 23 months ago by Raven

1.0 out of 5 stars Stolen hour of my life
Boring. Did not inspire me to finish more than a chapter. Nice cover, but wouldn't waste my time or money on a repeat by this author.
Published 20 months ago by Terri Rene DaVar-Howard

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique characters & interesting story, August 17, 2012
This review is from: Stolen Spring (The Elliot Lake Mysteries Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

The depth of character development made their interactions believable and interesting. Included in this is a unique voice and speech pattern given to main characters, which is where previous reviewers found offense in the use of foul language. I didn't think the swearing was excessive, I think it was smartly used to express the personality and mood of the main character, and was used to show distinct difference between Elliot and Sky.

The author gives a clear voice to unique characters in a fictional beach town on the Oregon Coast. Living on the Oregon Coast myself, I appreciate the author's perspective in conveying the spirit of small beach towns.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Page Turner!, August 26, 2012
I started reading this book and had a hard time putting it down until I was so tired I had to go to bed! The characters are so believable I felt I knew them. As to the language used in this book, it gave me a sense of what the characters were like. I know when I am angry I don't hesitate for a second to spew forth one or more expletives .I can't wait for Cynthia Moyer's next novel to be published! As a matter of fact I am reading Stolen Spring again because I enjoyed it so much!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stolen Spring (The Elliot Lake Mysteries), August 6, 2012
A really great read, despite the foul language used by the lead character. Go ahead call me goody two shoes, that is just how I am.

But this is a genuine page turner beginning to end. Seat of the pants kind of stuff. Its full of mystery, violence, love, and a kooky town on the Oregon coast that you will fall in love with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read..., August 25, 2013
Elliot Lake is absolutely a worthy addition to the pantheon of investigators who are not detectives. I found the characters in Stolen Spring realistic and warm - like people you might know and the setting rich with details. The main action is quick paced and the story is very smooth and consistent. While this is the perfect beach or summer vacation read - there is a wealth of information that rises a bit above the usual page turner to provide a window on a way of life and an interior study of a very complex character. Elliot Lake is finely drawn and just enough of a mystery to be interesting yet warm and funny and as familiar as a good friend. I appreciated the slow build up, the character sketches and particularly the enfolding mystery kept my attention for the duration. I read it in one sitting and have begged the author for the next installment of the series!! Great Read!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars It feels utterly real to be part of Elliot Lake's world, November 28, 2012
As a former small-town coastal news reporter, I can absolutely say that this book captures real life. Quirky characters, mixed motivations, everyone-in-your-business, tiny community-hub shops and lots of local lore... the book has it all. From start to finish, the mystery is engaging and I found myself passionately interested in both the solution to the mystery and a resolution for the main character's inner turmoil. This is a top-quality mystery perfect for a rainy day (you'll want to get it all in one sitting!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Anticipation, December 31, 2012
This review is from: Stolen Spring (Paperback)
It was hard to find a stopping point in this book as the tension grew with each chapter. Moyer has built in layers of intrigue in both the personal and the work life of her main character. She also captures the essence of the characters' environment beautifully. My only disappointment was when the book ended and only because I wanted to read the next one right away! I will definitely continue reading this series as each novel comes out! I would definitely recommend it to my adult friends!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stolen Spring, October 8, 2012
With a very witty sense of humor, Elliot Lake guides you through a `who-done-it' Spring Season on the Oregon Coast. Keeping you guessing until almost the very end the author has you thinking that you know for sure `who-done-it'....but did they? Just enough twist's and turns. Characters you can relate to or feel like you've even met. A hint of romance with the promise of more next season...I hope. Very much looking forward to the next book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, September 23, 2012
This review is from: Stolen Spring (Paperback)
Wow! Hard to believe this is a debut novel! A good old-fashioned mystery with all the necessary elements...the handsome reporter, a beautiful woman, murder, kidnappings, and the quirky characters that can only be found in a small town like the fictional Alder Bay. It draws you in on page one,and keeps you hooked all the way to the end! Elliot is wonderfully human, shortcomings and all! I can hardly wait for book two!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Entertaining!!, November 2, 2012
Stolen Spring was a fantastic read!! Set in the Northwest with an amazing cast of characters thrown into a very strange situation, this book was like watching a movie. Scene by scene I was drawn into this reporter's life, and the life of everyone around him. This was, for me, a hard to put down title that I'd highly recommend to fans of a good mystery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Move Over Hardy Boys, March 19, 2013
I loved this book. Young Asian Magnum PI with a knack for swearing. lol. I enjoyed the suspense and true "whodunit" to the plot as well as the drama of dating and the real world. Honestly, I liked the Rose breakup scene and fighting with Elliots parents. Families have nuts! I enjoyed that the underlying plots tried to steer you away from solving the mystery but you were always wondering in the back of your mind what Woods really knew. I enjoyed the characters and the quaint little town and cannot wait for the next installment of f-ing Ted, the Great Wall of D-baggery & Lou's coffee shop. Dont keep us waiting too long. Joelle in NJ

Rate and Discover Movies