5.0 out of 5 stars It's a great toy, always a hit with the kids.
Published on July 6, 2011 by Jerrel

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Concept but poor design!!!
Kids love it, they shoot up wicked far. Can even make up some cool games with it. Not likely to be hurt getting hit with those all-foam rockets :)

Published 22 months ago by ChicksHateMe

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a great toy, always a hit with the kids., July 6, 2011
This review is from: Stomp Rocket Junior Glow Kit with Extra Jr. Glow Rocket Refills (Blue) (Toy)
It's a great toy, always a hit with the kids. If you play this you might want to stay away from trees or rooftops because it can go pretty high depending how much you weigh. You can adjust the angle of the tube where you put the rocket on. Surprisingly a very durable toy. I thought the pump where you jump on will not last as it is made with plastic, but 2 years and running and it still going strong.

This is a great present for a child probably under the age of 8. I recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars "Glow" is a bit of a reach, October 11, 2012
Stomp rockets are about as entertaining as fun can get if you're under 12, at least a good time for people of any age. The rockets themselves are as indestructible as they look, but bear in mind that a determined toddler can strip the fins off the rockets pretty easily which affects their accuracy, but doesn't make them unusable.

One point of contention, though: these rockets don't *glow* in any reasonable sense. Yes, technically if you hold them up to a light for a while and then quickly move to complete darkness, you will notice the faintest of glows from the otherwise white foam. But unless you were really looking closely (i.e. to verify whether or not this really is the "glow in the dark" version), then you would never have noticed--even in the dark.

So don't get them for their glow appeal or for low-light use. But stomp rockets are otherwise worth having around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stomp Rocket Fun, July 23, 2011
I bought this for my 4-year old grandaughter's birthday. She and her cousins (ages 4-10) all took turns using it. Some of the adults also joined the fun. The assembly is simple and it can be stored easily.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Concept but poor design!!!, March 30, 2013
ChicksHateMe (Gardner, MA USA) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars

The base is horrible. It's too light. Even the wind will move it. There is no real way to hold the air chamber steady and some of the little kids get frustrated. It's probably not good that you practically have to have them hold the legs straight, and drop them on it. Bad for the knees.

I end up having them drop their Butt on it. But still, the mount for rocket holder stinks. Actually those plastic parts flailing around are the most dangerous part of it.

New design needed so the fun is safer and easier to reload.

I have a wicked good design Idea :) Simple! Cost-effective! Safe... Who do I pitch it to? :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't glow, and base is flimsy but SO MUCH FUN., December 29, 2013
megan (brooklyn, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Yeah, this doesn't glow at all. And the base is preposterously flimsy. It fell apart after my kid launched rockets about 5 or 6 times (seriously, she was still in her Christmas morning jammies when she brought it to me for fixing). Honestly? I don't care. We taped it up (which looks trashy), and it works.

My kid is not a very physical little girl. She prefers Polly Pockets and my little ponies and all that kind of stuff. She can not stop playing with this toy. She's played with it in the living room, experimenting with "soft stomping" and aiming the launcher into the kitchen. She's set it up in the front yard, seeing if she can launch a rocket "All the way to Miss Maria's yard". She's set it up in the back yard to see if she can get a rocket to touch the top of the Oak tree. It's gotten a timid little girl jumping with joyful focus and I am more than happy to keep taping the dang thing up to keep her playing.

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 Year Old Joy, February 26, 2013
The 4 year old that I gave this to as a birthday gift loved it! All the kids lined up for their turn to jump on the pad to launch the rockets. Of course, within minutes we lost one rocket on a neighbors roof, and another in their yard. We'll get them back I'm sure...but none the less. Only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is that the tube is only attached to the launch base at one point. This allows the tube to shift and point to the side (toward the neighbors yard). I ended up taping the tube down at one point to make it stay straight, then it worked like a charm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stompin' fun!!, January 6, 2012
I have to say I wasn't sure if my daughter would love this- she does and so do her siblings and cousins! Really a great toy. The rockets are styrofoam and the wings are glued on- we had one fall apart but the rest have held up fine. I can't wait for summer! These will be fantastic out side! I bought this for a 6 yr. old and I think a good age range would be 3 and up. It really is that easy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy for ALL ages, April 22, 2012
Jessica Rabbit (Haverhill, MA USA) - See all my reviews
I got this for my two girls (ages: 2 & 6) as they love "stomping" on everything! I thought it would be fun and it is! I even like to jump on them to see how high the rocket will go! It's very fun for them as well as the neighborhood kids. Good times! It's very sturdy. The rockets need to be handled carefully as they are made out of foam. For the most part, it's well made though. I'm very glad I purchased this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Grandkids enjoy launching rockets and other diversions, November 23, 2014
Greg "csm" (Springfield, VA, United States) - See all my reviews
Grandkids enjoy launching rockets and other diversions. Safe for both outside and inside. Ages 3-5 enjoy but it could be used by older kids as an STEM toy by using launch angle to adjust range to "hit a target" (land inside a trash can, for example).

While it works well the launch base (which is meant to come apart and store compactly) would need to be reinforced (duct tape) or remade if this was to be used for more than simple play.

4.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS THE BEST EVER., June 27, 2014
This proved to be the best kit and fun my grandchildren had during their two week visit. Both the two and four year old could play well with it and I only wish I had gotten more refills as we ended up with only two left with all the play we had. One is still in the gutter and the rest are in the thick woods behind our fence. No way to go back and its too thick to get through. I plan on ordering more and sending them for their birthdays this summer which are only three weeks apart.
The only problem I have with this and the reason for the 4 stars instead of 5 is that the launch base is a piece of crap. I have never seen anything so poorly made and completely not sturdy. My husband is going to build a base out of wood so this great item will work as it should. We ended up with someone holding the base in place while the children played.