Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Stone Cold (The Alex Stone Thriller Series Book 2)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on November 27, 2012
Joel Goldman has already written two really good book series featuring characters I love reading about, Jack Davis ex FBI and Lawyer Lou Mason, Stone Cold features another Lawyer in Alex Stone, she's a Public Defender with a scary client, this book has a good mix of new characters and familiar characters that I'm looking forward to reading more of, if this is your first Joel Goldman book I recommend you also read the Jack Davis and Lou Mason series, they are all excellent reads and will not disappoint!!
11 comment|79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2013
This kept me interested until the end. A real thriller and mystery. Part of the reason chose book because it is a cross between John Grisham and James Patterson authors that I have read exstensively. Held true to both authors.
on December 31, 2012
This book is a great read. Very John grisham like. Highly recommend reading this book to every Grishom fan out there.
on August 17, 2013
I am definitely not reading any more Joel Goldman books. It's not that he isn't a good writer; he writes interestingly enough, but I cannot handle the language! I read several pages before tossing it, removing it from my Kindle. There are plenty of good writers out there who manage to write intriguing, exciting, successful stories without dropping the F-bomb several times per page. I shall stick with them. I don't care if Goldman's rhetoric is closer to reality or not . . . I just don't care to have that language thrown at me. My family, friends, and I do not speak in those terms, and find it very offensive; in the real world of criminals, I'm sure the language in Goldman's books is totally how they speak. Any who do not get turned off from a storyline with such language will find this book interesting, I assume. I leave it to them.
1515 comments|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2012
Stone Cold is another excellent novel by Joel Goldman. It is well written with numerous intriguing twists-a real page turner. The story takes place in Goldman's favorite setting - Kansas City; with characters familiar to Goldman readers. If you enjoy legal thrillers this is one of the best.
on January 23, 2016
Didn't finish it. Tedious, unrealistic with a boring lead character. Reading about a lesbian couple's relationship and how they deal with adversity was torture. Maybe twenty years ago it would have been shocking but today it's mundane. If you like courtroom drama there are better stories to read by better authors.
on February 2, 2014
Story line okay! Language unreal! Gay issue does not make a good story and whom ever edited this book needs to go back to school. Spelling errors, grammar errors. A most unpleasant read. Would never buy another one in that series!
J. Fisher
on January 6, 2013
This book was OK but not great. The author makes too big a deal over the characters being lesbians. They are always hugging, getting emotional, etc. They are 150% dedicated to each other and if you didn't notice they are 150% dedicated to each other and by the way, they really are dedicated to each other. If it were a heterosexual couple you'd ask "What's wrong with these people". I found it a bit tiresome.

The plot is also OK and it explores some ethics questions that have been explored many times before.
on February 20, 2014
My first read of Joel Goldman. Language was so vulgar I didn't want to read the book. I will try someone else.
on March 2, 2016
A pretty good detective/courtroom drama.
Alex has real trouble with a nasty crook she is defending, and due to poor decisions she ends up in court herself.
She really flounders around, seeming to dig her own grave deeper. Ultimately she has to rely on luck and friends to dig her out.
Some parts are a bit unbelievable but it's still an exciting tale.