5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for running and gunning
Published on October 19, 2011 by Raymond

1.0 out of 5 stars Not made like they used to be
Published 12 months ago by El Ojo Del Lobo

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for running and gunning, October 19, 2011
This review is from: Stoney Point Telescoping Explorer Bipod (Grey, 25-62-Inch) (Sports)
On a recent trip to Wyoming for a pronghorn hunt I borrowed my friend's Stoney Point Polecat shooting sticks. These were the 25-62 inch model which are suitable for shooting your rifle from a sitting, kneeling or standing positions. The legs of the bipods or shooting sticks extend out in a telescoping fashion and secure into position by a short twist on a small sleeve for each section of the telescoping leg. Each leg has three sections which telescope in and out. The bipod legs are sturdy and were able to provide a good rest for my rifle during several successful shots. I used them in the standing and kneeling positions. The rest at the top of the bipod is thick rubber and would support a very wide rifle if needed. The Stoney Point Polecat only weighs one pound and that is well worth packing when taking long shots after moving up and over the Wyoming hillsides, where a person could be breathing hard while stalking game. When using shooting sticks with telescoping legs you can adjust each leg to different lengths in order to create a level shooting platform on uneven ground and therefore level the crosshairs on your rifle scope. I just ordered my set after field use. Previously I had used a bipod attached to the rifle and also bamboo shooting sticks with a leather band which I carried for shooting ground squirrels. Both of those have suitable applications but neither are appropriate for the rigors of chasing big game animals in the situation I was in. When you need a lightweight option with minimal bulk that can fit in your pack and which allows you to shoot from various positions, you'll eventually have to consider shooting sticks.

Review: [...]

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, April 4, 2011
I bought a shooting stick at Academy and it did not work for me at all. This works good when there is nothing to steady your gun. I have only used it standing. I am sure it would be even better knealing or sitting.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not made like they used to be, April 22, 2013
These Stoney Point 25-62" shooting sticks broke at the head the very first time I used them due to casting flaws in the plastic material. My previous set of the same model of sticks lasted me a number of years of hard use with heavy rifles and were only retired after a crack developed near the pivot screw. I rely on my shooting sticks in competition, but fortunately these failed during practice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, December 13, 2010
First it showed up to the house in broken and dirty condition. They had obviously been used, returned and re-sent out. I payed for a new one, Not Used and Broken. The keeper that holds the two sticks together was broken right out of the package. Baring that, it is a great product. I used them this weekend to support a 9 lb. Mosin Nagant rifle. Even in strong winds it kept the rifle steady. They are easy to extend to the appropriate height even with gloves or mittens. The poles did rattle while walking because of the broken pole keeper which was distracting while trying to be quiet on the trail. I suspect Amazon or Stoney Point will contact me in order to fix the problem. Just do not want to pay more money to ship them back to amazon for a new set.

ARRAY(0xd9541024)

Stoney Point Telescoping Explorer Bipod (Grey, 25-62-Inch)
$66.95 $55.60