5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for any horse owner
This book is wonderful. It explains what to feed, how to feed, where to feed and all the "why"s associated. It will make you want to know everything about what is in your horses feed and find the highest quality hay and pasture.

Published on July 9, 2007 by Kathryn M. Austin

3.0 out of 5 stars More techical than I expected
Published on June 1, 2009 by Amethyst

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for any horse owner, July 9, 2007
This review is from: Storey's Guide to Feeding Horses: Lifelong Nutrition, Feed Storage, Feeding Tips, Pasture Management (Paperback)

It is an invaluable resource for horse owners who have realized that trusting a feed company to supply complete nutrition is not always a wise decision. This book can give someone the tools to create their own feed mixture and save money while improving thier horses' health.

Perhaps if more horse owners were armed with this information, feed companies would be forced to supply costomers with better information about their products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, Very Informative, December 26, 2008
The author of this book really knows her stuff and has helped me greatly as I navigate thru the world of equine supplements. Melyni's knowledge is priceless, this book will help you work wonders when combining nutritional approaches with training techniques. I highly recommend this book to anyone serious about wanting to feed their horse as an individual, not just a member of the herd.

3.0 out of 5 stars More techical than I expected, June 1, 2009
Amethyst (Louisiana, USA) - See all my reviews
Storey's Guide to Feeding Horses was much more technical and scientific than I wanted or needed,although she does give some very good info, but the beginning of the book is really written for people aspiring to be professional equine nutrition specialists or scientists, NOT the average horse person just seeking basic info on feeding horses. Next time I will think twice before purchasing a book written by a Ph.D, as they don't write for the rest of us--they write to show off all their education and technical knowledge. I'm no dummy, but I can do without the highly scientific info. Just tell me that a horse's digestive system cannot handle this or that, and that's all I need to know--I don't need to know all the details of how and why. But if you are an equine vet or aspiring horse nutrition specialist, by all means, get this book. Perhaps the rest of the book is written in a more straighforward, non-technical way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good general information, October 9, 2011
Cotton (Russell, PA United States) - See all my reviews
Like all the Storey books, This one on feeding packs a lot of information. As well as a general overview of nutrition, the book does go into depth about feeding principles such as carbs, sugars, minerals, etc. It also specifically describes many feeding disorders and possible nutritional corrections. The book makes recommendations for feeding at all stages of life. Many illustrations and a good reference section. For a general feeding book, I thought it offered a lot of very useful information that goes beyond a book written for novices. Yet, it is easy to understand and read.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most informative book on horse feeding, January 15, 2010
MANSI (Jakarta, Indonesia) - See all my reviews
This is definitely most informative book I have ever found and read on horse feeding. Moreover the book is written in a straightforward and wonderful style. I have discovered so many things for the benefit of my horses and myself as well (the cherry on the cake). I could read the whole book continuously with great joy and implemented my nutrition strategy for each of my horses uniquely based on the complete information based on this book. This is now my reference book on horse feeding. I definitely recommend this book to every body who is interested to get complete picture about the horse feeding. Melyni Worth has performed a great job and deserves 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars What to Feed a horse and Why, May 16, 2013
I am a senior about to enter her second childhood. When I was in high school I had horses that were boarded. This book explains why, when, and what to feed a horse. I had no idea how careful you had to be. It also explains how many horse problems are caused by how much and what is given to them to eat. A detailed plan is included taking breed, age, how active, and season into consideration. The book also gives simple cures for many nonthreatening illnesses.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyone, March 5, 2012
The book is very interesting, but I find that it's a bit complex. If you need a basic "tutoral" on how to feed your horse, this may not be what you are looking for.

4.0 out of 5 stars A complete horse nutrition guide, October 15, 2009
I've found the book very interesting, plain to understand even for non-experienced people and full of useful notions. Worth to buy

ARRAY(0xa290b180)