5.0 out of 5 stars 3-yr old son is hooked on this video, January 2, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Noah's Ark [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I bought this video after borrowing it many, many times from the library. My son enjoys it so much. He loves the animals. The narration by James Earl Jones is wonderful -- very calming.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie! Beautiful musical score, November 21, 2005
This review is from: Stories to Remember - Noah's Ark (DVD)
I am a Hebrew School Teacher and shared this movie with my class. It was true to the story and not overdramatized. The musical score was beautiful. I would reccommend the movie be shown to a young audience (Under 10).

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Animated Film, May 1, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Noah's Ark [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I love the TRUE story of Noah's Ark. This video shows the ark in a colorful way. James Earl Jones made a wonderful narrator; the music was wonderful. It lookes as if it took alot of animators, paint, and time just to draw the animals. I liked the scene when the dove returned to the ark with an olive leaf. This movie is one of the best Noah's Ark films ever!

4.0 out of 5 stars A little disturbing, October 26, 2010
This review is from: Stories to Remember - Noah's Ark (DVD)
First off, great production values all the way around. But the thing that makes this version stand out is some of it's mildly disturbing aspects which surprised me.

Here we see that there were many more animals than would fit on the ark. We even see Noah actively pushing some out! Then we see many animals lined up outside hoping Noah will let them in. We even see a mother elephant try to comfort her baby elephant by hugging him with her trunk a la Dumbo. Then we see them, still standing in line, as water rises around them. It's kind of upsetting because we know all those animals are about to drown, even the babies!

We see this happen with people to, but that doesn't hit quite as hard as the animals.

Noah's sons don't wear shirts which isn't really disturbing, just kind of weird.

Lastly, once the animals leave the ark on Errarat...we see that the ark is full of poo! It's in piles all over the place and even dripping off the railings! We get extended shots of several locations of the ark with poo all over the place. What a strange thing to focus on!

Aside from these few bizarre items, it's a well-produced and engaging telling of the story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful animation of the biblical Noah's ark, January 24, 2012
This review is from: Stories to Remember - Noah's Ark (DVD)
I purchased this DVD for the Wednesday evening Children's class at my church, as we're currently studying stories in Genesis. This is biblically accurate, the animation is classic, and the narration by James Earl Jones excellent. The children seemed to really enjoy it and were able to put visual pictures with the story we have been discussing.

5.0 out of 5 stars noah's ark, February 9, 2012
B. Fowler (Browns Valley, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stories to Remember - Noah's Ark (DVD)
Purchased this video for my three granddaughters, ages 2, 6 and 9 to add to their collection of DVD's. They love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great version of Noah story, January 6, 2010
This review is from: Stories to Remember - Noah's Ark (DVD)
Our family really enjoys this version of the Noah story. It does not have dialogue, but is narrated by James Earl Jones. The animation is high quality, very beautiful. It is 48 minutes long, and definitely good enough for viewing multiple times. This was also shown on the animated series, "Long Ago and Far Away".

4.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend for older children., January 8, 2014
This review is from: Stories to Remember - Noah's Ark (DVD)
The truth about this film will be hard to swallow for the young ones. One reviewer said it shows others animals outside (and a baby elephant) waiting to get in the ark but got washed away. So I went onto YouTube to find this film. She's right. The scripture says God closes the doors of the ark. In this film noah pulled them closed him self using ropes. There were animals on wooden tree trucks or rafts floating past the ark (sad). And people on treetops about to get covered up by the water.
This DVD was in my shopping cart. I took it out.
I gave it a 4 stars because its pretty on point, but not 100% accurate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Noah's Ark DVD Review, September 24, 2008
This review is from: Stories to Remember - Noah's Ark (DVD)
I just LOVE James Earl Jones---mainly thanks to Darth Vader, but that's a different matter---and the illustration is so artistic.

5.0 out of 5 stars ok, October 13, 2014
Ok movie

Stories to Remember - Noah's Ark
Stories to Remember - Noah's Ark by James Earl Jones (DVD - 2003)
$9.98 $6.49