Most helpful positive review
72 of 75 people found the following review helpful
Looks amazing, works great, what else would you want !
on November 29, 2005
I bought the tower despite the bad reviews and so far I think I made a great decision. I didn't buy it at Babies R Us, but chose another vendor instead that offered free shipping and ended up costing a bit less. I ordered the tower on 10/28/05 and it arrived 11/23/05, which wasn't a problem since I knew that Stork craft products tend to take awhile to ship, so I ordered early. The box came in perfect condition and when we took it apart all the pieces where undamaged, in great condition and there was nothing missing.
It took my mom and I (I am 5 months pregnant) an hour to put it together, the directions where easy to follow and the assembly was a piece of cake. The only difficulty is to screw on the back panel. There were a million screws, so have your electric screwdriver handy. Also be careful with those screws the tolerances are very close and the wood is soft so is you don't screw them in just right you may end up with screws sticking out. We simply redid them and now there are a few chips in the back of the tower, nothing to worry about.
* Looks absolutely amazing. The wood is beautiful and shiny, the design is elegant and looks great in the room
* The drawers are deep and allow for lots of storage. Easy to take out and are finished with white on the inside for a very clean and appealing look.
* The side cabinet is great. Shelves can easily come out to allow for larger items to be stored. Might be a good place for a diaper genie...
* Very sturdy and heavy, and as a bonus comes with a wall attachment so that you don't have to worry about it tipping when the little one starts walking.
* The top of the tower can be used as a changing table, or you can buy a hatch that can be easily attached for additional storage.
* Very easy to assemble, everything is predrilled and the directions are super easy.
* The wood is very soft, so you have to be careful during assembly not to chip or damage the pieces.
* While most of the tower is very sturdy the back panel is made out of flimsy material and the screws are a pain to use. In hint sight we should have nailed the back panel.
Overall absolutely great product. Functional and looks really beautiful. I suggest ordering elsewhere and ordering early, in case there are problems.