1,473 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars We like it
I finally purchased a glider to use with the new baby. After going to a couple stores and taking a look at the 200-300 and even 400 dollar ones we decided to go with this basic glider to save money for christmas and other necessities.

Published on December 10, 2008 by Wix

1.0 out of 5 stars very nice at first...but wears down fast
Published on June 14, 2010 by Calvinbob

4.0 out of 5 stars We like it, December 10, 2008
Wix (PA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Stork Craft Hoop Glider and Ottoman Set, Cherry/Beige (Baby Product)

So far I have had it assembled 2 weeks and use it many times during the day to nurse and read books. The bottom cushion is a bit hard but honestly this glider is well worth the money if you are on a budget don't feel bad about getting this one over the more expensive ones. It is pretty and does the job just fine.

When it arrived there was a huge rip in the box and the outer corner of the glider was exposed. Thankfully it was packed with foam around the corners and did not sustain any damage.

Assembly was quite easy and the glider bottom comes assembled, the ottoman is completely assembled. So it was 8 screws I believe, to assemble this and my DH had it done in about 20 minutes.

It has a nice warm finish and should match well with other cherry furniture. The cushions are a sandy beige color and are attractive.

I'd recommend this as a nice glider for someone looking to save $$.

Update - March 12, 2009 - Still satisfied with the purchase, has maintained its quality and gets a lot of use.

Update - May 22, 2010 - Now a nursing/reading chair. Frequently used and in nice shape. Looking into getting a better cushion set.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and smooth glider, December 6, 2010
Length:: 2:06 Mins

This is my video review for the Storkcraft Hoop Glider and Ottoman set in cherry finish. It is a comfy glider with a smooth gliding motion. We will be using it a lot when our baby comes along around the end of January!

1.0 out of 5 stars very nice at first...but wears down fast, June 14, 2010
we have had this glider for 6 months now. for the first four months it was great! glided well and was very comfortable. but then we started to experience the notorious squeak that everyone here is talking about. it is loud and impossible to get rid of for long term. I tried the spray silicone, grease, WD-40, wax, tightening the joints, etc. nothing fixed it. Then the back part started to pop really loud with each rock back and forth. I felt that maybe part of the issue is I am a big man, 240 lbs. so I stopped sitting in it and only had my wife sit in it (120 lbs).

I called Stork and they informed me that the limited warranty will only cover a maximum of 50% of the parts of the chair so I had to choose to either replace the back or replace the rocking base. I chose to fix the rocking base and it took about 5 weeks to arrive (they told me it would take that long so I won't hold it against them even though it was a long time to wait). I got the new base and only had my 120 lbs wife sit in it and it worked like a charm...for one week. then the squeaking came back again. once again I tried all the lubes you can imagine to stop the squeaking but it only subsided for a few days. I called stock and they told me I had already used the full coverage of my warranty and that was the end of my extended service.

I'm disappointed in this glider and I am in the hunt for a better one to rock our little one to sleep. I recommend that you look somewhere else besides Stork Craft for your glider needs.

2.0 out of 5 stars Only buy if you can't afford something better, October 13, 2012
This is my first Amazon review, and I'm writing it from a father's perspective. I convinced my wife to try this chair before buying a more expensive glider chair for the nursey. Needless to say, I'm in the process of returning it after using it for about three weeks. It's basically a cheap wood chair that you assemble by putting on the back and arms, then attach a piece of foam filled canvas to it for the cushions. Pretty easy to put together... at least I thought so. We decided to get a chair at Babies R Us - one that is upholstered and much more cushy, although it was $500 for the chair and the ottoman and the Stork Craft was $130. "You get what you pay for" is a saying that is not always true from my life experiences, but I would certainly say it's true when it comes to nursery gliders. It's hard to put a price tag on comfort and when your wife is literallu going to be spending hours a day in her nursery glider, pony up and get a quality chair. I'd recommend going to a store and sitting in some chairs to get a feel for what you like (duh). For the money, this chair is OK, and like the Hyundai Accent or Ford Fiesta, those cars definitly serve a purpose. If you're on a tight budget, this chair is not to bad. But if you have the money to spend, I'd suggest getting something a little more plush. Don't expect this to be a nice, luxurious chair, because it it not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great glider for the recent parents., December 13, 2012
I've had this glider previously for over 3 years and no problems with squeaks. I purchased another for my sister who is due soon. This review is for all the other people who left feedback about the squeaking. As soon as received my first glider, i oiled ALL the bushings and movinvg parts. And kept oiling them throughout the years. I'm being proactive and taking apart my sister's and applying grease to the metal and bushings. If you research the $400+ gliders, they're made of the same material and bushings and squeak as well. So the way i see it, $100 glider or $400 glider, you make the choice. Oh, and don't forget, OIL YOUR CHAIR!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Squeak, clunk, and crack, December 15, 2010
I've had this glider for over two years now. I'm a person who usually just "deals" with things if they have little problems or idiosyncrasies. This glider is so poorly and cheaply made that I can't just deal with it's issues. Do yourself a favor, and spend the extra money on a product that will last.

The title is such because nearly 4 months after we started using it, that's the noises it began making. Over two years later it's still making the same noises. It squeaks in every joint, it's a chorus of squeaking. I WD40 all 8 joints almost weekly and it's still a squeakfest. It also clunks horribly, like it's forcing over a bar while it "glides." At one point it sounded like it was being drug over gravel, I'm really not sure how it would make that noise. And the crack? The wood must be the cheapest wood they could find, because when I shift in the chair the wood joints crack loudly. I'm not a heavy person (140 at 5'7 isn't heavy), so it's not like I'm stressing the chair at all.

And here's where it gets fun. I've had to go buy wood glue to glue the joints of the arm rests back together because the chair was literally falling apart on me. Why wouldn't they glue the dowels? After that little joy, the chair literally came apart at the joints when my husband was rocking my infant to sleep. The part where the rod connects into the joint for gliding just popped out spraying tiny, greasy ball bearings all over my carpet. My two year old thought it was Christmas early, she eats everything. I was finding tiny metal balls in my living room for weeks, I was furious. A product should not come apart during normal use like that, it's absolutely ridiculous. The company won't help, so I had to take apart the ottoman and use the joints from it to replace the ones in my chair. Oh, those pockets on the side are handy, right? They actually came apart as well, believe it or not. The fabric frayed out of the seam, so I have a flappy piece of fabric hanging from the arm of the chair now. I'm amazed the back of the chair hasn't given out yet, sending me and my child flying backward.

How does the chair fare otherwise? Not too well. The back looks cushy in the picture but it actually curves away from the spine, so there's no back support and it's rather awkward to sit in. Two years later I'm still uncomfortable in it from the lack of back support (one of these days I'll buy a little pillow to go in it, if I don't take an axe to the thing first). The cushion is cheaply made and kind of hard, so my [...]hurts in it after a while. Would I buy this product again? No way. Would I recommend it to a friend? Definitely not.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great chair at a great price, December 29, 2009
I researched gliders forever online before I finally made the decision to buy this one. I got it when it was on sale with free shipping and thought I would take a chance. It came and was so easy to put together (8 1/2 months pregnant). There were literally only 8 screws to put in. The base and ottoman come pre-assembled. It took us no longer than 15 minutes to have it all together and ready to go.
The wood looks very nice (we got it in cherry), The seat is comfortable for both me and my husband (I'm super pregnant, 5ft 9in tall, he's 6ft 4in tall, 250 lbs). I have not had a chance to use it with the baby yet, but I've used it several times so far and there seem to be no problems. There will be plenty of room to nurse and I can't wait to use it next month!
I am very satisfied, and will post an update if anything changes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Recommend, August 3, 2008
This rocker looks so much nicer than it actually is. Very easy to assemble, and the cherry wood is nice. But the cushions are terrible. The seat cushion, after one day, already feels flat. On day two, it's developed a squeak. I am not happy with purchase at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely horrible!, November 3, 2011
I placed the order for this glider because my wife and I just had a baby last week. We did a lot of research and found that this was the best fit because of some of the reviews and the price...I was totally wrong. I received the glider yesterday 11/2/11 and opened it today to put together. What was nice was that there was very little to put together - everything pretty much came assembled. As soon as I finished, my wife was so excited. She was holding our 5 day old baby and sat down in the chair. The second she sat down I heard a loud crack and noticed my wife on the ground. By some miracle of God, she was still holding our newborn in her arm.

Needless to say, I was absolutely furious! I called Amazon and they offered my a $5 gift certificate to say sorry ... really? I don't care about a gift certificate, but since they offered it, $5? I told them to keep their money but I wanted to speak to a supervisor and find out why they sold such shotty workmanship. After being placed on hold for 10 minutes, the lady came back and said they were all unavailable. Now it's going to take over two weeks for a refund not to mention I have to box it all up and drop it off at a UPS store. Stay away from STORKCRAFT - I should have done my homework. Pretty recently, they had to recall 500,000 cribs back because of horrible manufacturing. This is a company that markets and sells their products to parents with newborns and young children. I have never been so furious! I am going to call StorkCraft tomorrow morning to get some answers. Please stay away from this product. Even if this is just a fluke and it was defective, I could never trust a replacement item or any product from this company again - especially if I am using it for my newborn!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased..., April 1, 2009
I was a little hesitant to get this glider/ottoman because of some of the reviews, but I decided to go for it anyways. I am pleased with my purchase. My husband put it together fairly easily and I've been using it every day for the last 3 weeks as a place to feed and rock my newborn to sleep. The seat cushion, though thin, is comfortable enough and I don't feel the need to supplement the cushioning, however, I can see that I may need to replace or supplement the seat cushioning within 6 months to a year, because the cushion is already starting to lose its shape. One of my main concerns for choosing a glider was I am only 4'11" and I need a glider where I don't feel like I'm a kid sitting in a "grown up's chair". The size of this glider fits me well. My husband is 6' and he uses the glider too and it fits him well also. The only reason I'm giving it a 4 star instead of 5 stars is because of the seat cushion.

Stork Craft Hoop Glider and Ottoman Set, Cherry/Beige