4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price!
Published on December 15, 2011 by decemberlee77

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the money
Published on August 27, 2011 by Mamma C.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the money, August 27, 2011
I purchased the cherry finish gilder and ottoman with lumbar pillow and chocolate cushions. Before purchasing, I went to my local baby supply store and test drove a few after narrowing down my selection based off online customer reviews (I would highly recommend doing this). At first, I didn't think that having a gliding ottoman to go with it would make that much of a difference, but after trying them out in the store, I realized that when one is actually gliding, it's very helpful to have your legs and feet move in tandem - and at nearly the same level as your waist. The lumbar pillow is an added bonus - if you need/like extra back support like me, it does the trick. Other reviewers had mentioned that the chair was too small for them, but it fits both me and my husband comfortably: I'm 5'8" (36 weeks pregnant) and my husband is 6'3" (we are both fit people, so we are at our appropriate weight/height ratio). I'm glad I got the chocolate cushions since it will not show stains easily like the lighter colors. As another reviewer has previously stated, the fabric is very odoriferous; put it in the fresh air for a few days, or at the very least, open the windows in the room prior to use.

My husband put it together with ease, but the female end of one of the snaps on the armrest came off when he tried to snap the cushion to it. We were able to engineer it ourselves, but it shows that this is another one of those mass produced products from China. (More evidence of this is assembly with the provided allen key - as are most mass produced products these days.) I don't see this chair being passed to future generations because it is not heirloom quality. If you're willing to invest the money in purchasing this chair, and you want something that is of high quality and able to be passed down to your children, spend a little more and buy heirloom quality from your local furniture store.

Overall, it's comfortable, glides smooth, and is aesthetically pleasing.

--UPDATE--
My son is now a little over three weeks old and we spend a lot of time in the rocker during night time feedings. It is very comfortable and the bonus pillow helps to prop him up when he nurses. The only thing that could use some improvement is if the rocker reclined. Also, if you do not have carpeting in your bedroom (we have hardwood floors), be sure to put a mat under the rocker and glider as it slides on the floor very easily. More than once I've had the ottoman slide out from under my feet when rocking.

--UPDATE--8/2013--
I have used this chair for both of my children. My second little one is now seven months old. Just last week, one of the springs popped out of the seat of the chair and we are having difficulty repairing it. It's not a spring-y type spring, it's a hard formed metal spring with a peg in either end. Each peg sits in a hole on opposite ends of the seat. I'm dropping my rating by one star for this malfunction. We use our chair normally, don't ever slam into it or rough with it in any way, so there's no reason the spring should have popped out. Still working on a fix.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price!, December 15, 2011
I was a little skeptical to buy this item for the price and based on some of the reviews but we spent so much money on the actual nursery furniture that I decided to go with a moderately priced rocker glider. I am so glad we went with this versus the more expensive gliders. It looks like the more expensive gliders, it's very beautifully stained and matches our cherry nursery furniture perfectly. I had originally wanted the khaki cushions but went with dark brown cushions instead and they are great to guard against dirt, so very happy with that choice as well. It was easy to assemble, about 12 screws and I did it myself at 8 months pregnant. It is quiet and sturdy and easily accomodates me at 5'3, 116 pounds, as well as my husband at 6'2, 200 pounds, and we are both able to fully rest our heads on the back of the chair. The bottom cushion isn't hugely overstuffed but it's not flimsy either. The only reason I gave it 4 stars versus 5 is because when I assembled it the arm rest only stayed buttoned for about 10 seconds before the rivet fully popped out of the arm but we were able to fix that on our own, I think we just got a one in a million bum arm out of the factory. I can't imagine anyone complaining about this item unless they assembled it incorrectly or are expecting a $500 glider for this price...

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and pretty, too, June 2, 2011
This review is from: Stork Craft Custom Tuscany Cherry Finish Glider and Ottoman with Free lower lumbar pillow, Beige Cushions (Baby Product)
My daughter-in-law bought this glider for their soon-to-born son, and after trying it out, Grandma had to get one, too. Love, it. Pretty, but most important, comfy! I think this will be my watching TV chair until baby arrives. My husband had it put together in a matter of minutes and let me put the cushions on. One thing, I had a bit of difficulty snapping the snaps that hold the arm cushions on. One snap is clearly not completely round, and when my husband gets h9me this evening, he will have to come up with another idea which won't be hard. Other than that, would buy it again to rock (glide) baby to sleep.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, September 15, 2011
It arrived fairly quickly although the box was quite torn up and the legs of the ottomon were poking out. It seemed easy enough for my husband to put together. I was a little dissapointed in the comfort of the bottom cushion, it was equally as comfortable as the $139 glider at Wal Mart we sat in. The cushion seems like it needs a little bit of 'breaking in' to make it less stiff. We've had it for about 6 weeks now and it isn't bad, just not as cushy as I'd have hoped. I liked that it came with the matching pillow, but that would be the only bennefit that I could see it had over similar products for $60 less. Otherwise I do like the design and style, and I've already spent quite a bit of time sitting in it while putting together our nursery. We'll be excited to start rocking our son as soon as he arrives!

2.0 out of 5 stars Rock-a booboo, June 14, 2012
After a while its starts to make noises when your gliding. My chair suddenly popped at it was over. Amazon give me a hassle about returning it. Don't waste your time with this chair.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth The Money, November 28, 2011
Grateful77 (Atlanta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
We haven't had this chair but for 2 weeks and the ottoman is cracked. The packaging on this product was beyond aweful. The box came busted and I was surprised more of the chair wasn't broken when it came. I am definitely returning it. Don't like it. Don't like the way the cushion fits either.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but seat small compared to measurements, August 25, 2011
Nice chair, but with measurement of 35wide I would think that the seat it self would be more than 18inwide. This chair is really made for a shorter slimmer body type. A little disappointed that the actual seat was so small.

3.0 out of 5 stars Flat cushions after a week., December 12, 2013
I love the rocker part, but the foam fizzled with only a few uses. Beware if you aren't 100 lbs. LOL.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love a glider, July 9, 2014
Use this chair all the time. Love a glider! Two things I would change. First, I would change the seat cushion to be thicker and to stay put. It tends to ride forward. Second, I would make the arms a little bit longer. When you reach back to lean on them to sit, they are a little bit out of reach and it can be awkward to sit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Chair!, March 4, 2014
Chair was very easy to assemble and looked and functioned great! Color turned out to be awesome! Very comfortable and glides easy!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

$229.99 $195.99
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies