Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on February 13, 2014
i chose this 5 star rating, because i think these are very good series, and the guy keeps on going with his adventures looking for tornadoes. i recommend these series for everyone that loves tornadoes, and watching these movies. i like these movie, because i always loved studying about tornadoes, and they are very interesting.
on August 21, 2011
To date there are 5 seasons of Storm Chasers and this is the most dramatic. Each of the 8 episodes is filled with tons of tornadoes, and plenty of drama. During the 2010 season Sean Casey gets "the shot", Reed and his team abandon a chase to pull people from their wrecked homes and Tim Samaras and his crew deploy a probe in a tornado and also aide in relief efforts. If I had one complaint it is that this season eliminates the narrator who presents the action as it happens. The Chasers narrate everything that happens to them and it seems a bit cheesy. In Season 5 in 2011 this issue is resolved.

The DVD comes with all 8 episodes from Season 4, Behind the Scenes which takes a look at how the show is filmed, Greatest Storms which takes a look at some of the best storms and Reed's Top 10 storms of 2010. Great DVD which is dedicated to Matt Hughes who died of non-stormchasing related injuries during the 4th season. Total Run Time-490 minutes.
on March 14, 2011
I am into the weather very much I have seen just about every weather documentary there is and this show is my favorite show.I have seen season 2,3 and four and I love it there are some other weather shows that I like including storm stories full force nature perfect disaster and hunt for the super twister those are what I would recommend to any body who is into the weather this show is awesome I hope that they continue to make this show. I wish that they showed it more than once a year i am so glad when October or when ever the show premiers I would recommend this show to any body who loves weather shows.
on September 15, 2014
Awesome show...so sad that it is no longer on Discovery. This show actually inspired me to become a trained storm spotter. So now its nice to go back to the shows and see more of what I learned in my storm classes.
on December 15, 2013
I love weather - wild weather and have all the Storm Chasers DVDs. I enjoy the learning, excitement and minimal story line in these "as it happens" DVDs. Too much foul language at times by the star, but I can live with it. I watch these over every few months - never seems to get boring.
on March 7, 2011
The fourth season of "Storm Chasers" takes team leaders Reed Timmer, Sean Casey, Tim Samaras, and Josh Wurman through the plains of Tornado Alley as well as into Mississippi and Arkansas--the teams are in search of close-range video footage of the storms as well as scientific data that would increase warning times.

The teams have their usual mechanical trouble and friction among team members, but also have the most successful season ever intercepting tornadoes. Unfortunately, the 2010 season is the most poignant as well--Reed's team is first on the scene of a severe injury, and Sean's team loses a team member to a non-storm-related injury.

This DVD set also contains a bonus feature that shows how the series is produced and shot, shows just how dangerous the chasers' task is, and contains a recap of the most memorable storms of recent years.
44 comments|2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2013
Excellent as usual Storm Chasers season 4. Very exciting and very interesting. I have watched it several times and odds are, I will never get tired of watching this video. I give this product 5 of 5 stars and it's worth it!
on February 4, 2014
I enjoyed this program but was disappointed that more was not presented about what was accomplished with the data gathered with all the equipment on the vehicles. I would like to know what practical changes were accomplished with it, what benefits to the folks living with these storms. A little too much time was spent on the drama between the participants.
on August 26, 2014
While I didn't purchase this here, I felt I should go ahead to comment on it since I did buy the rest of the series here. This season started on a low point as the teams experience hits and misses. Sean's team took the heaviest hits as they lost a member soon after a successful intercept. Bad driving then put him on the hot seat with Josh who then recommends that the TIV2 should be pulled and sent home. Apparently a compromise was worked out though it meant severing ties with Vortex 2 and forcing them to stay 75 miles away from V2 at all times. Twistex managed an intercept with a probe at last before the new radar was installed, and Dominator has its own problems mechanically as well as personally when Ginger Zee decides to join them. Here too, the Dominator team finds themselves the first responders in Yazoo City which leads Reed to contemplate a more scientific approach to his intercepts. While things are tense, this is a good series.
on January 3, 2013
The show is great and interesting but reed is just annoying. Most of thier tornado shots are pretty cool and the info you get on how these storms grow and move is amazing. If your into weather or a meteorologist this show is up your ally.