Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Disturbed $5 Off Fire TV Stick Labor Day Sale in Wine Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day

• Storm
  • Customer Reviews

Storm
Format: DVDChange
Price:$2.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on April 12, 2011
3 Stars could be 4 stars in a way..

When my Swedish friends come over and look through my extensive Swedish film collection (other then the Millennium Trilogy) they ALWAYS pick Storm over great films such as Together and my Ingmar Bergman collections.

Lets be clear, no one ever gets bored with Storm, no one ever falls asleep watching storm.

This an an Entertaining unpredictable ride from open to close.

The opening scene is far different from 90% of the film.

Once the pilot lifts off, then once we kick in and are up to our cruising altitude and flying speed; this ride is a fun one. I failed to mention that we are not flying in a Being 747, but we are in an Air Force F-14 and this is a thrill ride, not a relaxing trip from LAX to JFK, this is a flight over Iraq during Desert Storm.

Storm is a Swedish mainstream type of film with slick production quality. Storm was made with excellent clarity of film, Hollywood level continuity in lighting and crisp top grade professional sound. The special effects seem a half a step behind top Hollywood effects (to me).

Storm is so different from most movies we will see. The story/journey really has many, many twists and turns, and did I say its strange!

Every Swedish friend enjoys the heck out of this. They take it for what its worth. We know its no Oscar caliber movie.

Yet we somewhat wonder about the box and everyone has a different perception of the point of this movie.. It makes us consider our Karma for sure.

Its nice to see a Swedish movie with excitement, carrying the edginess of a thriller. Storm is full of unpredictable action. It is a great "escape the day" kind of movie with a red bull like kick!

Ultimately its 3 stars in my snobby movie rating system because it is a mainstream kind of action, thriller with mainstream kind of dialogue.

Still, I give it 4 Stars for being different and entertaining.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
DeeDee is having a lousy day. It's storming in Sweden and some mysterious flaming red haired beauty just plunged into his cab after a bunch of goons tried to kill her over some unknown cube. Now those goons are after him. Prior to getting chased into DeeDee's cab, Lova the Red looked like she was being chased through some tunnels by monsters. But I don't think they were really monsters. Maybe gamers. Or something. Before you can say "not another alternative reality lurching computer matrix 'survive the game' thriller horror movie," you're in "Storm."

"Storm" is a puzzling film to follow, as DeeDee must somehow dislodge buried memories if he is to survive his night with Lova. The bends in the timeline to make the film somewhat interesting, and the look of "Storm" is dark, misty and moody. The more DeeDee discovers the reasons behind his receiving 'The Box,' the darker the movie becomes. I can't say that the final reveal was anything I cared about, or frankly, made any sense in conjunction with the film's conclusion. It shows DeeDee's messy life without apologies, or without a sudden change into virtue.
I give "Storm" a bonus star for not taking that sort of easy route to a cleaned up ending.

Swedish with dubbed English track available.
on April 14, 2014
did not like this movie not my type thought would have been better but hay was OK to watch only once
on June 5, 2012
Any movie, less or more, has been lost in a translation-eventually, this horror Swedish flick is not an exemption as an about-thirty-year-old writer hanging around adult night bars, no-contacts making, self-satisfies himself under sounds of the neighbours' lovemaking.

Reality crosses a sort of The Matrix fiction when a chased woman had dropped into his car and passed a strange cube to.

A mix of fiction, horror and paranoia with blood and murdering.
on April 25, 2015
I like this movie
on April 16, 2008
Honestly, I don't think the typical American will enjoy or "get" this movie. It's a genre bender. I bought the two-disc steelbook edition from Sweden back in 2006 (yes, it's taken two years for this movie to get released in the US. What else is new?) and watched it eagerly, after having read articles on it and watching trailers on [...] The film is, at once, a horror, science fiction, action, drama and darkly comedic film. It is also, mostly, a character study. And it's amazing! Visually sumptuous. Narratively skewered (in the most envigorating way) and just plain fun, in addition to feeding your mind and your artistic/visual aesthetic.
When I watched this film I thought to myself, "This will never get a stateside release!"
Of course, I felt the same way about the Japanese horror anthology RAMPO NOIR, the Japanese creature-comedy FUNKY FOREST: THE FIRST CONTACT, the Russian vampire film THE NIGHT WATCH and the Korean chiller THE RED SHOES. All of which have landed US distribution. Go figure! Yet, all of them languish on video shelves, rarely (if ever) checked out at Blockbuster. Makes you wonder why the studios even try. Also makes you wonder why strange flicks like Del Toro's PAN'S LABYRINTH and the Korean monster epic THE HOST flourish in theaters and open to critical and commercial success (well, modest success- but success nonetheless). It also makes you wonder why imported stinkers like the Spanish bore-fest THE ORPHANAGE and uneven failed attempts, like Chris Smith's SEVERENCE, even get released to theaters at all.
At any rate, STORM is exceptional! It is the reason why genre film is, was and always will be the highest form of cinematic art and it humbly (if not smartly) resists the impulse to turn its nose up at the pretentious, staunch critics who would label this film (as they do all other genre films) a "second class citizen" and, instead, gleefully indulges its audience for two hours of amazement and joy... the way any good film (of ANY genre) should.
on July 24, 2008
well i don't know i just didn't get it will look at it again and see if the next time is any better
on August 17, 2008
At first, I didn't really know what to say about this movie. I'm done watching it, and I really have no idea what I just saw, other than that I don't like Sweden now, and wish I had my two hours (which seemed more like 2 days) back.

The film is Swedish, and is described as being like a cross between Matrix, and Daywatch. But unless having most of the characters dress in black or like emo businessmen is 'like the Matrix', it's not. I didn't really understand Daywatch, so I guess it was kinda like that (although I understood Daywatch a whole lot better than this film).

Did I mention that Swedish movie makers are weird? It's like some peyote enhanced romp through night clubs, emergency rooms, and network gaming parties, but with a split-personality flair. Yay. Seriously, if you feel like indulging your self-destructive side long enough to watch this whatever-it-was, please tell me if you got any meaning whatsoever out of it, so that I can finally figure out what it was actually about. I'm sure self-styled film buffs will go on about how fantastic this film is, but to me it's the sort of thing that probably makes film school kids feel better about their class projects.

Best (and worst) scene: The main character remembers bong-raping a goth girl in his youth. That in itself says pretty much everything you need to know about this movie.

Two thumbs confused (but generally downward).