5.0 out of 5 stars Sigh - sucked in
By the time you get to part two, of book three, you must know that you're an addict.

On reading the series (on my kindle) I'd missed this book. So there was a massive story hole by the time I got to book four. So much so I was disappointed that GRR had moved this to back story.

Not exactly the order I wanted to read the books in, but you can't undo...
Published 14 months ago by Mr. R. Lawrence

3.0 out of 5 stars i love the story but
Originally, Storm of Swords , was printed as one book, not two. That is why I nag. The original also sold for 9.99 but of course, with the hype of an awesome story, publisher has halved the book and sold each one for double the price of the original.

Lesson to be learned: when married to a "Geek" organize their books and you will probably find the...
Published 11 months ago by Sonya W

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Sigh - sucked in, May 18, 2013
Mr. R. Lawrence "Rog42" (West Pennant Hills, NSW Australia) - See all my reviews

Not exactly the order I wanted to read the books in, but you can't undo reading a book, and I had to complete my knowledge. Given that, I LOVED this book. All of your favourite characters appear, and are plunged into even more impossible situations than ever before.

As with all his work, you can't put it down. You have to work hard to keep in mind all of the relationships. And the thrill ride is deliciously explicit.

The problem comes when you start seeing characters in your work colleagues, and asking yourself "what would Tyrion do?" :-)

If you're a fan - get it. Read it before watching the TV series.

If you're not a fan, hardly likely you'll be reading my review :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting, July 9, 2013
as with the first books in this series. Full of suspense and just when you think you know what's coming, something totally different happens. Many of my favourite characters are suddenly gone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure brillIance!, August 23, 2012
My favourite book of the series so far. So many shocks, twist and turns. I was on the edge of my lazyboy! Mr Martin, you are a true genius!

4.0 out of 5 stars This series was highly recommended by friends, July 5, 2014
This series was highly recommended by friends. It is not my usual choice of a good read but I could not put the first 2 books down and I find this is the same.The characters with all their faults are not easily forgotten and I find I must finish all the books and hope there is a satisfactory ending.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping!!, June 2, 2014
A little bit dull in places but overall brilliant! Cant wait to get onto the next book!! Love game of thrones!

5.0 out of 5 stars So many hours of great reading, so few hours of sleep., May 18, 2014
Teresa Armitage (Bateau Bay, N.S.W., AU) - See all my reviews
I found it very hard to put this book down as with the first three books in the series.
With there being so many characters and so much happening in this story I like how Mr Martin writes each chapter mainly about one particular character.Therefor the chance of getting lost or confused in the story is very slim.
Nothing is predictable and the author has no problem with killing off it's main characters, introducing new characters and putting a whole new spin on what the reader anticipates will be the outcome of the story.
Don't get too comfortable with your favourite characters, they may not be there at the end of the story.
I can't wait to start reading the next book in this series and see where George RR Martin takes me.
I've given this book 5 stars only because there wasn't 6 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Read, April 21, 2014
This continues in the same way as the previous books but gives you other perspectives. Love the whole series so far

5.0 out of 5 stars amusing, March 8, 2014
Awesome book like all the GOT series books. Can't wait to read the next book. Very addictive! ! ! !

5.0 out of 5 stars So much to take in......., January 21, 2014
The plots develop further as the various houses feud for power and the factions are crossing over one another. I could not wait to get to the next book to see how the characters deal with the latest disasters and whew they will go with their plots for power. You cannot put it down and the writer's descriptive text is amazing !

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome series, better than tv, October 31, 2013
Fantastic read! This series is so much better than the tv series! I highly recommend reading the entire series from start to finish.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

A Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold: Book 3 Part 2 of a Song of Ice and Fire
A Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold: Book 3 Part 2 of a Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin (Paperback - September 1, 2011)
$20.50 $14.72