Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Storm Warning
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: DVD|Change

on July 13, 2011
When first released in 1950, this film was hailed as a first-rate thriller. Six decades later it still holds up as a raw-edged expose' of the Klu Klux Klan and their terrorising of a small town. The performances of Ginger Rogers,Ronald Reagan, Doris Day ( in a serious non-singing role) and Steve Cochran are certainly the best of their careers.

The story concerns a fashion model (Rogers) who visits the small town where her younger sister (Day) lives with her new husband (Cochran). On arriving she witnesses a killing by the Klu Klux Klan, two of whom remove their hoods and she sees their faces. Later she discovers that one of the men is her sister's husband. Her first instinct is to report him to the local police but rather than spoil her sister's happiness, she decides to leave town. It is at this point that the local District Attorney (Reagan) convinces her that she should testify as a witness to the brutal murder. But once on the witness stand, she again changes her mind and her sister's moronic husband walks free. What happens after that leads to a most suspenseful climax to what remains a truly thrilling film. Highly recommended.
on March 4, 2007
I just finished watching "Storm Warning". Let me tell you that it is a great movie. I have'nt seen many old moveis (only the original "Dracula") but I fell in love with this one. I am now an old movie fan.

I origionaly got this because of Ronald Reagan, and he gives a great preformance, but the real magic is behind this allstar suppoeting cast. This was one of the best movies I have ever seen. I suggest this to anyone and everyone. It speaks of the American "untouchables": the Klan. I think it was well done. Bravo!!!
on April 10, 2009
This film began with a noir edge, that lost ground with the appearance of Ronald Reagan, playing his usual taciturn self. It was Ginger Rogers and Steve Cochran that kept my attention and interest, as they flashed anger combined with an undercurrent of lust at each other. Doris Day, in a non singing role was fine as the younger sister and wife. But things really only sparked when Steve and Ginger were on the screen. Steve, as a none too bright young husband and Klan member, lived up to Ginger's words in her bio re "Storm Center". "When I iirst heard Steve Cochran read his part, "I knew he would steal the film from the rest of us." According to Louella Parsons, they carried the sizzle over into their private lives.I gave it a 4 for being so graphic and tackling the KKK issue for that time period.
on February 16, 2008
Worth a look if you want to see how Ginger Rogers and Doris Day do in serious roles. Day would go on to help Reagan be everyone's hero in the Norwegian baseball comedy "The Winning Team." Recommended.
on March 28, 2013
An impressive dramatic film. And I must say each of its stars - Ginger Rogers, Ronald Reagan, Doris Day and Steve Cochran - give very strong performances. Hugh Sanders is impressive, as well.
on May 4, 2012
This "B" movie has an "A" movie cast and a surprisingly good story line. The quality of acting is far better than I expected and I found the movie rather intriguing.
on January 6, 2014
This one role of Doris Day I had never seen, but it was really good. I Loved Ginger Rogers in this movie, she did a great job on her acting; and everyone else was good in the movie too. It starts out spooky when Ginger Rogers arrives in this small town to visit her sister Doris Day. Ginger Rogers witnesses this terrible crime and is really shook up and afraid; especially when she discovers that her future brother-in-law was involved. I liked this movie but, would of liked a different ending for Doris Day. Rebecca
on November 3, 2015
I really loved this movie. My boyfriend and I watched it together and it really made us think about the generation in which this movie was made. But what is interesting is that we are still dealing with these issues today. One down side to this movie is Doris Day. She is unbelievably annoying in this movie. I won't spoil the story, but she's so stupid about her husband,you just want to slap her or shake her for being so dumb. You will enjoy this film. Ronald Reagan was really good in it too. And you'll love checking out the nightclub, the music and the fashions at the time. Very cool.
on July 26, 2011
I first saw MOST of this film in high school. I say "most" because I recorded if from TV, and the film ran over a couple minutes so I didn't get to see the final few minutes until several years later when it was rerun. It was hell waiting. VERY suspenseful ending with some great performances, writing, and cinematography. Needless to say, I am SOOOOO glad to have this on DVD. It is a great film noir....ahead of its time in dealing with the consequences of consequences of extreme racism. Ginger Rogers and Steve Cochran give excellent performances. Steve Cochran was definitely an underrated performer, and although he plays a horrible character in this film, he does a wonderful job. Doris Day and Ronald Reagan are adequate in their performances, although frankly, Reagan's performance is actually pretty dull compared Steve and Ginger. Still, good job all around, and definitely worth a watch or more.
on August 28, 2006
I don't know why this DVD is so hard to get. Can it be that the subject matter is still too sensitive? This was a truly groundbreaking film in 1951, tackling the evils of the KKK, with strong performances from Ginger Rogers, Doris Day and Steve Cochran. Ronald Reagan is wooden as usual, and the role certainly should have been given to a stronger actor. Despite Reagan, this is an absorbing and compelling film that deserves rediscovery.
44 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse