1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars A great sequel - 4.5 stars, February 12, 2012
Matthew Schwarz (Bridgewater, nj United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Storm Wars! (Paperback)
This book is the sequel to "The Particolored Unicorn". I found that book on my girlfriend's shelf and read it, only to find it ended in a cliffhanger! This one picks up where the first book ended, so make sure you start with that one. Although quite a few years have gone by since that was published, the author is still in fine form - this book retains all the humor, compelling storytelling, and engaging characters of the first book. It's a shame we haven't gotten more from DeCles, but hopefully there's more on the way - reading these books has brought me back to the feeling I used to get from reading my favorite fantasies in my teens (early Xanth, Eddings, Fritz Lieber, etc.) - a feeling that gets harder to recapture as I get older and more critical/jaded.
Although the price seems a little high, this book is self-published (despite being much better than many a current fantasy bestseller), and it's worth it to support a fine author like this and get something this original and well-written!

Storm Wars!
Storm Wars! by Jon DeCles (Paperback - April 14, 2009)
$19.99