Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on August 25, 2010
I brought this gun and it broke the first day. The spring in the blaster broke. I exchanged for new one and same thing happened.

I finally ened up returning it for good. They need to recall these.
on August 16, 2010
We bought this toy for our son. By the end of the first day it had stopped shooting the foam darts. The next day we returned it for another one. Less then 24hrs later, we have the same problem. Not worth the money or the tears.
on August 11, 2010
This buzz lightyear gun looks good, sounds great but unfortunately seems not to work. We bought one and my son was playing happily with it and by the time we had arrived home the gun stopped firing the foam bullets. As my lad liked it so much we bought another one. This one lasted a little while longer but still lasted less than a day before it developed same problem.
This is a new product but i did find one other review. Guess what...same problem!
This time I will be asking for a refund.
on December 27, 2010
My three year old son fell in love with this toy in the store and desperately wanted to take it home. The price listed at Walmart, Target and Toys R Us was $14.99 and while he seemed to "love" the toy, the price was a little too steep for me to justify the purchase. When I saw it on sale at Amazon for $5.99 I didn't have to second guess the purchase. I bought it right away! He opened it Christmas morning and has been playing with it non stop! It makes fun noises when you pull the trigger whether or not there are darts in it which is so nice! When you do shoot the darts, be prepared because they actually go quite the distance! The other very nice thing about this gun is that our other Nerf darts all seem to fit in this shooter as well! I am so excited about the compatibility because it means less time trying to "find" the Buzz lightyear darts and make sure they stay with the shooter. I am very pleased with this toy and would highly recommend it!
on October 18, 2010
Our experience sounds about the same as the majority of buyers on here. The sounds and effects are great, but the spring mechanism didn't work, not even once. A bit of a bummer, since my son was very excited to shoot the foam bullets. We will be returning our gun and hopefully get one that works . . . at least for a time or two!
on September 13, 2011
We have 2 of these, which for us, miraculously are still working after 9 months. My kids like the laser sounds and the shooting darts. It took a while for the youngest to figure out he needed to pull the spring loader for the dart to fire, and he needed to push the dart in again if the spring loader had pushed the dart out, even a little. The toy is fun, and we have one for each child.

What I like:
- it does not look like a gun at all
- the laser sounds work independently from the dart shooting
- the spring loader has to be pulled before the dart will shoot - safety measure for storing the darts
- shoots quite far

What I don't like:
- the light that goes with the laser sounds are at the back of the blaster. Our 5 year-old neighbor came by for a play date and almost put his own eye out because he was aiming with the laser light pointing forward. Don't ask me how a child would think of pulling the trigger with his thumb but he did.

We had no problems with the toy. But seeing that lots of people having problems after a short use and the potential hazards of putting one's eye out, I wouldn't recommend this toy.
on July 16, 2011
I bought this as a birthday present for our grandson who just turned 2. All the kids liked it from 10 years to 15 months old. Big hit but I don't expect it will last to infinity and beyond. I'll be happy if it lasts out the week.
on October 13, 2011
Our 3 year old had admired this gun everytime we were in Target. So when his new baby sister was born, we decided it was a perfect occasion to give him a few gifts [from] his baby sister and we picked this up as one of them. He was SUPER excited to get it, and thought she was the coolest baby ever, hehe! He has played with it almost everyday since, and we have had it for 5 months. We haven't had ANY trouble with the toy not working, as many others have had.
In the store [when] he fell in love with it, it was just a Buzz Lightyear "noise gun" without the darts (since the darts were bolted down in the packaging) and since he loves the noise of the gun (without the darts) AS MUCH as shooting the darts, we only give him the darts on occasion (for fear that he might accidentally shoot the baby, LOL). The darts go SUPER far, which we didn't expect for the size and price of the gun, so that was a cool (and scary) surprise. He doesn't feel like something is missing when we have the darts put away, he just thinks it is fun when we give them to him. I don't know if we just got a good one, or if they made improvements to the toy- but after 5 months of heavy use without problems, I don't expect the "non-firing" problems others have reported. But EVEN if we should have that problem, I know our son wouldn't complain anyway.
My son loves to 'battle' Zurg, "Daddy, you are Zurg and I am Buzz" and he chases daddy around shooting him, it is quite fun!
Bottom Line: If you have a Buzz Lightyear fan, he will love this gun!! Highly recommend!
on March 14, 2012
I two of these for my twins 2nd birthday. They're nearly three now. They love this gun. But there are a lot of cons to this toy. Only one of the holes shoots darts so they have to keep switching darts into the bottom hole. The part you have to pull back so you can shoot the darts is so extremely stiff. My five year old nephew can't even pull it back. so it would be best for an older child. Also the sound effects seem cute at the store, but oh my goodness you will want to stick pencils in your ears after about an hour. "LUCKILY" one of our guns is broken, so when you pull the trigger, the sound gets STUCK ._. for FOREVER. until you hit it against the table or the floor. I think its a very cute toy, but it is definitely meant for an older child. But it's pretty annoying... be warned haha
on October 17, 2010
Unlike the other reviews I just read I had to say my 3yr old son has had no problems with his at all. Works just fine. He has had it for over 6mo and it will be a prop for his halloween costume this year. The only complaint I have is directed towards our cat, he chewed up all the darts. Would love to find some replacement ones.