5.0 out of 5 stars a pleasing, "read it again!" book!
I bought this book and a few others by Sibylle Von Olfers as Christmas presents for my nieces (ages 2 and 4). The four year old loves this book. The stunning illustrations and story captivated her completely and she insisted that I read it to her about six times on Christmas day. A very lovely story indeed!
Published on January 6, 2009 by totaleclipse

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY TINY
Love the book - the illustrations are fantastic was a childhood favorite. HOWEVER this is a tiny tiny version. Truly not "book" size. I would not recommend this for that reason. It is sized for a doll not a child.
Published 25 days ago by SHP

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars a pleasing, "read it again!" book!, January 6, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, June 19, 2008
B. Keen (NC, United States) - See all my reviews
My 5 and 3 yr old girls really love the book. My 3 yr old especially. Something about the babies and the striking red coat really draw her into the story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great classic book for kids of all ages, February 14, 2008
This is a lovely story for a winter's afternoon. The illustrations are beautiful and the story is sweet. This is a book I plan on giving as gifts next Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars A New Family Favorite, January 17, 2008
We bought this as a Christmas gift for our 5 yr old daughter. She loves the book so much the first time I read it to her, as soon as it ended she was begging me to read it again!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Story of the Snow Children, January 8, 2011
Young children love this book. The pictures are quite lovely and little ones usually want to hear it again and again. The first time I read it to my 4 year old granddaughter I had to read three times in a row, as she kept delightfully requesting. It is about a little girl being taken to fairyland to the snow queen and then returning home again. Wonderful winter book. It is not about snowflakes being all individually different as one review said before I bought it. You can relie upon any book by this author to be lovely and pure and just what young innocent children need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful winter book, January 16, 2009
Cathy (California) - See all my reviews
Santa gave this book to my almost 4-year-old beside her stocking this Christmas. We love it! It was perfect, as we had a white Christmas this year (our first and probably last!). A great gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars We LOVE it!, February 16, 2013
This review is from: The Story of the Snow Children (Hardcover)
Love the story and illustrations. Totally captivates our daughter.

Please note that this is a mini-edition.

I plan to return it for a full sized edition because the illustrations are so wonderful. One of our favorites!

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely book but tiny!, December 26, 2012
Jenn (Gloucester, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Story of the Snow Children (Hardcover)
This is a lovely little story and the illustrations are magic. However, I wished I'd paid attention to the dimensions when I ordered it. It is so very small. This makes the pictures hard to see if you're reading to multiple children and it gets lots in the shuffle with the other winter/christmas books.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely pictures and nice story, December 10, 2012
my 3,5 year old niece loves it. The pictures are beautiful (it is an old children's book from the early 20th century), and the story has just about enough content to satisfy children between approximately 2,5 and 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful book, January 14, 2012
Merb L Ti (Northern California) - See all my reviews
I got this for my 3 year old. The story is sweet and simple, the drawings absolutely lovely. After the first reading, my daughter didn't seem as though she liked it too much. I thought that maybe the pace was just too slow, because it does have an old fashioned feel to it. But the next day we read it again, and then she asked me to read it twice more right afterwards. Each time we read it now, it turns into at least 3 times.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Story of the Snow Children
The Story of the Snow Children by Sibylle Olfers (Hardcover - September 1, 2012)
$9.95 $8.96