Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on February 5, 2012
My daughter, who has autism, is in love with Woody and all things Toy Story. So when we saw this book, while shopping with her much loved Amazon gift card, of course she wanted to order it!
Let me just say that I am not sure what my daughter was expecting, but the book is far better than I imagined! There are 18 stories in it! The first 3 cover the first 2 movies, but after that -- NEW ADVENTURES! Do you know how happy I am to have NEW STORIES to hear. She has to read 15 minutes a day for homework. Most of the stories are over 20 minutes for her to read (She reads at probably a 2nd or 3rd grade level). Sometimes she reads for over 30 minutes without asking me to finish! Usually it is a fight to get her to read, but now she asks me if it is time to read yet! We are half way through the book, I just wish there were more stories cause homework time has been so fun. Plus when it is time to write down the summary, I don't have to prompt her. I have to ask her to slow down so I have time to write. :)
If your child loves Toy Story, they NEED this book!
on July 8, 2011
My daughter is really in to Toy Story and she watches all of the movies all of the time. She loves to read as well and the stories in this book are entertaining enough for both of us. I sit and read the stories to her and she just loves it. She will go through and pick out which ones she wants me to read. It is very sturdy well constructed. The cutest part is when my daughter reads to me (her version of reading is interpreting the pictures) and making up her own story. This is easily worth the price.
on January 21, 2012
My daughter is addicted to the Toy Story movies so we bought this book to give her (and us) an alternative. She's too young to read this herself but enjoys flipping through just to look at the pictures - many of which are straight from the movies. All three Toy Story movies are included as well as some extra adventures. The book itself is surprisingly impressive for a children's book: hefty, mock gold-leaf on the outer edge of the pages, quality paper. Be warned, this is a text-heavy book so, if you're looking for a simple, ten words to a page style of writing, you're out of luck and should just go with the Golden Book version. All in all, well worth the price and will hold a child's interest for many years - from toddler to elementary school.
on July 26, 2010
A great collection for the Toy Story fan family. Well-written; great for reading aloud. The additional stories are faithful to the original characters' arcs and add some new dimensions. Fun and highly recommended.
on March 29, 2014
This is the third book like this that I have bought and I want to find more. There are many stories in the book and they read one after the other or stand alone as a one at a time tale. Perfect for bed time reading. The book is of solid build, the pages are thick and glossy and the images are very well done. This is the book we put on the top shelf of the bookshelf for mom and dad to read so that pages and the cover remain nice. I am all for kids using books and exploring on their own with them with full time access but there are select few books that I keep out of reach of little hands just to keep them really nice. This is one I will keep and share with grandkids someday. I can't believe the price. What a deal!!!!!
on June 23, 2016
I bought this book for my son who is now 2, he loves books and he LOVES Toy Story. However, this is definitely a book geared toward older children. There are a bunch of different stories throughout the book and very limited amount of pictures. The stories are simple and coincide with the movies but they don't keep his attention very long. He still likes to look at the book because his favorite characters are in it so I typically just make up my own story based off what the pictures are showing. There are also quite a few filler stories of the toys playing games in Andy's bedroom while he's away, etc... Im not 100% sure this book is affiliated with Disney as some things are a bit different.
on March 27, 2014
My 3-year-old LOVES this book. He looks at it every day, and for long periods of time. The reason I'm giving it three stars is because the binding on it is already coming apart. I've had to glue pages back in that weren't ripped out, but just fell away from the binding. I don't think he's any rougher on this book than others. It may be due to its size -- it is a heavy book, almost one inch thick. Anyway, it's disappointing to have the book falling apart so soon.
on May 8, 2014
My niece is three and she loves to read. We can take this book with us in the car, and she will spend hours looking through. When she gets to the end, she just goes back to the beginning and begins again. The graphics and colors are beautiful, which is important at her age.

Definitely recommended to Disney fans, or Toy Story fans!
on January 1, 2014
Nice book, pleasing pictures and the younger kids love sitting in my lap and reading it. Only reason I marked it 4 stars instead of 5 is because of the length of time it took to get here. They had to backorder it and it did not arrive until after Christmas. That's fine, and the kids still enjoy it. Also, it's a thicker book than you might imagine with several stories...plenty to keep the kids entertained for awhile.
on December 31, 2013
I bought this for a Christmas toy drive at work. Sadly it was delivered after the toys were collected but I brought it to the local women's shelter . The women were very pleased with this brand new book which is very large and a good deal. If it had not been a gift I would have read parts of it myself. It arrved in good shape and will be a great part of any young reader's library.