Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on February 16, 2013
Ok first I bought this as a Valentines gift for my wife, along with some "Kis Natural" Essential Aromatherapy Oils.
I had no idea how to use a Oil warmer and many reviews here never mention how to use it. The Oil packaging just says use based on instructions of your oil warmer and this oil warmer said use oil based on your oils instruction. So it was a dog chasing his tail situation. I did finaly fine a site that tells you how to use this and it seems to answer some reviewers complaining about black spots forming on the inside of the oil warmers tea pot. Amazon frowns on urls so you will have to figure this out, aboutaromas<dot>com/oil_warmers<dot>htm incase this doesnt make it through the Amazon censors I will snip a paragraph from the site.

"... Place the perfume oil in the dish or reservoir of your oil warmer. If you prefer essential oils instead of perfume oils, first pour some distilled water in the dish or reservoir and then add a few drops of essential oil to the strength scent you desire. Adding distilled water prevents the essential oil to stain the dish.
...
Check your oil warmer periodically. Maintain an appropriate level of oil in the oil dish, and watch the oil burner for smoke. If your oil warmer begins to smoke, extinguish the candle, clean your oil warmer and start over with a new tea light...."

One thing I noticed is if you use water you will see some steam which I assume is ok, so don't confuse smoke with steam.
Also best to use non scented tea light candles, you paid big bucks for that essential oil, why mask it with cheap scented candles?!

Now about this item, it is ok. Packaging is horrible, instructions don't exist and the glaze is crappy, the inside of lid, stove are not glazed and its a drippy glaze. Very shoddy glaze work. Also like most here I think the holes in the lid are to small and it would be best if they made them bigger and the tea pot spout is closed, no hole. This would be better with a hold. I may try a Dremel on slow speed and drill a hole into it with a glass cutting bit. To get around the small holes in lid I tilt lid half out or remove it completely.

The design is nice and looks good where we have it, for what I paid, less than a ten spot, I would buy again.
Now remember

The two star deductions is for the quality of glaze, no hole in spout, small holes in lid and lack of instruction of use with oil.

Hope this helps,
55 comments99 of 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I've seen these range in price from 6 to 15 dollars on Amazon(Prime with free shipping). This oil warmer fits in well with a contemporary decor.
77 comments153 of 159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2012
This is a great design. This gets the water/oils hotter so they emit more fragrance than the glass dish type. I also wanted to say not to over fill, about 1/2 to 2/3 full seems perfect,lets the water simmer faster. Do not worry about it not holding enough water the lid on the pot makes the steam drip back down. I burned 2 tea-lights in a row without adding water starting with 2/3 full and probably had enough water left to burn 3.
66 comments94 of 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2010
This is not only adorable it is quality. I am a true cluts! I dropped this on my kitch floor and thought it would shatter due to the texture of the glass, but it didn't even chip. The tea pot, the teapot lid, the tea tray and the kettle it self were all unharmed and not even a chip! Quality! I love it.
0Comment69 of 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2008
I use oil difussers all around my house and for some reason I was not attracted to use one in my kitchen until I found this one.

It is very elegant and so appropriate for kitchen and cooking lovers in general since it is a little replica of an antique iron stove.

Especially if you are into aromatherapy as well, which is a great way to sooth and keep a nice atmosphere all around your favorite place, HOME!!!

I'm glad I found this, I'm really enjoying it and I know you would too :-)))
0Comment33 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2012
This thing is about as adorable as it gets.

The paint on the ceramic is exactly as shown - it fades from dark-to-light blue.

The "teapot" has a closed spout (which is a good thing); the "stove" has a hole where the teapot sits; the lid of the pot is removable and has three holes in it.

The entire pot and stovetop will be too hot to touch, which can make refilling the pot a challenge when hot.

Regardless, the design is great, the usage is awesome (I love the little pot, to slide the candle in/out), and the visual appeal is perfect for doing an incognito oil burner that doesn't look like an oil burner.

To dispel the negative comments:

1. The teapot is spaced just fine from the candle - if you keep water in your pot, you should never experience any burning.

2. The packaging was fine. It's a typical little box with a few ceramic pieces in it, placed into a shipping box from UPS and shipped - they used bubble wrap - the item arrived just fine and super-fast (3 days) with Furniture Creations and Super Saver Shipping.

3. The only way to break this thing while cleaning it is if you poured cold water into a hot teapot.
0Comment25 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2014
I've used various oil burners over many years. The electric ones with pads you soaked with oil and plugged in a socket always dried out too fast, and most of the tealight burners also required too much attention (shallow reservoirs that constantly needed to be filled or exposed flames that were too dangerous to leave alone in a room). This one's reservoir is nice and deep, with a lid to control evaporation, and a safely covered base. I like to fill it with hot water to jump start the heating process. The tealight dies before the water/oil combo dries out (I fill my teapot about 3/4 full). The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I would really love to have this burner in another color--like a neutral white--because the blue is too country-style for my decor.

One note (and I will post the picture too): some people mentioned that theirs didn't get hot enough, that the base seems too far away to heat the teapot. I experienced this as well with inferior tealights. I bought some from Target without reading the label and found not all tealights are made the same. They were shorter than the standard tealight (only 3.5 hour burn time), and had a very crappy short wick too. This burner works wonderfully with a standard 4 hour tealight with a good wick (I buy the ones from Ikea).
review image
on September 23, 2010
I've had many oil warmers... and this particular oil warmer design is probably the best. The mini tea pot on top holds plenty of water.. so there's less worry of having it burn dry. The little tea light holder is ingenious! (no need to fiddle around trying to get the empty tea light out) I also love the fact that the flame is covered on 3 sides versus having the entire flame exposed. This is def. a great buy for the price... I highly recommend!
on December 9, 2010
I was just about to give up on oil warmers since most are so small that all of the liquid will be boiled away by a single tea candle. Not so this one. A full 'tea pot' easily outlasts a complete tea light. And the removable candle holder makes changing candles quick and easy. Well worth the price.
on April 4, 2012
I had exactly the same stove one before but the lid broke, so I bought a nice looking metal one from my local store. But it became so dirty after a few use due to the oil splash, the splashed oil spots dries up after use and it's impossible to wash them off. It's pretty disgusting. So I ordered the same stove one from Amazon.
It's so much better compared to other oil burner. The pot keeps the oil inside so there is no oil splash while burning. It's easy to change the candle. The only improvement I suggest the manufacture to make is to make the lid tip non polished or square shape... so it's not so slippery.