Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on November 22, 2011
I bought this phone directly from Tracfone's web site for 29.99. I pay for minutes as I need them...no contract, no monthly plan. It's a nice not-too-complicated phone for someone interested mostly in voice calls rather than texting. I'm a light user, but so far, I'm satisfied. If you don't need the very basic VGA camera, go for the older 14.99 LG 220C at the same web site. It's basically the same, but some reviewers say it seems to be made a little better and it does not show fingerprints as easily as the shinier, all-black 231C. I own both phones which are being offered with double minutes for the life of the phone.
on June 1, 2012
I purchased this phone at Wal-Mart in February, 2011, as a second active phone for me to have in case my other number quits working. It works quite well. (Note: This one I have is a main TracFone; not a Net10 or Straight Talk model.) The phone is very easy to use and navigate through. With this phone, you can access the internet (limited, but not bad if you want to check local weather, etc.) and get additional ringtones or graphic images. It has a camera as well that takes okay pictures, but if you zoom in on pics you take, they can be pixelated. What is nice about the camera is that any picture you take can be used as a wallpaper graphic for the front and inside screens (pics taken cannot be transferred to your PC from this phone though, from what I learned. Instead, you can send pics to other people who have camera phones). The pre-loaded ringtones are not bad, but you can find others on Tracfone's site if you don't like the ones on the phone. I ended up recording several ringtones from two other phones to this one as ones for standard sounding ringers. At the highest volume my "recorded ringers" are very loud. The call quality is excellent as well; I can hear the person I'm talking to quite well without any problems. I went out of town (60+ miles) from my local calling area several weekends ago (phone lapsed to roaming mode), and the phone was able to make two calls without any problems. However, the browser didn't work while the phone was on roaming, but that didn't bother me. Just as long as I was able to use the phone for a call was okay enough for me. My mom has this kind of phone model as well (LG 231C), and she too likes it a lot. TracFone's service is excellent and I have had no issues with any of the phones I have had from them. TracFone is highly recommended if you don't want costly bills, and other financial burdens of having a contract phone. Provides great service for calling and texting; again, camera is not bad, but you can't transfer pics to your PC, and this phone is ideal for people who just want something that is basic with several extras (but not a lot).
on October 4, 2012
Originally I had a Motorola W418G. It is a piece of garbage (Motorola should be ashamed). Two of them burned out within one month. I do not know how it happened. I called Straight Talk and they replaced it with a LG 231C. I think it is great. It is not a smart phone but it cost me $30.00 plus six percent tax per month. I use to pay T Mobile $39.95 plus 30% tax, etc. every month for 12 years for less service. The LG 231C does more than I need and so far I had no problem with it. The only thing is I am looking for a driver for it so I can connect it to my PC. I have a feeling there is none.
on June 27, 2013
I have purchased three LG 231C phones. The straight talk phone I purchased is easy to operate. I received the phone in excellent condition within days of placing my order. I appreciate the prompt response from the seller. Thank you.
on January 29, 2012
I recently purchased two of these phones directly from the Tracfone website. The phones seemed ideal for their intended purpose- limited calling, mostly for emergency use only- until I visited my daughter at college, about 175 miles away. Not only did the ominous blue "R" suddenly show up on my phone, my phone would not work at all- would not receive calls, and any attempt to make a call resulted in me suddenly getting routed to a number offering me the "opportunity" to buy access to the roaming network. I'm not sure if this would be an issue if used for the Straight Talk plan, but I suspect not. I returned both phones to Tracfone and am now happy with the similar AT&T Z221, which works anywhere AT&T works. Beware roaming issues with Tracfone- they may make your purchase much less desirable than you anticipated.
on August 6, 2012
not a bad cheap phone.
only thing i hate about it. is you can't download your mp3 ringtones to it.
only the ones on the phone and from straight talk.
on February 23, 2015
Went back to a dependable, reliable flip phone.