From the Back Cover
* Learn the grisly method used by gangsters to dispose of their victims . . . Sausage anyone?
* Meet the eel who is at the cutting edge of biotechnological development and the world's grossest nature museum exhibits
* Cheer Bertha Palmer' revenge over the Infanta of Spain five years after the rude royal refused to socialize with an "inkeeper's wife"
* Discover the crooked mayor who received campaign funds from Al Capone, threatened to punch King George V, staged a rodeo in the Chicago City Council, and served the world's largest martini
* Uncover never-repealed laws that forbid "unsightly or disgusting" people from showing their faces in public, the carrying of hatpins, or offering a whiskey or a cigar to your dog
* And much more!
Only in Chicago . . .
is it illegal to take a French poodle to the opera
is there a tradition of drag queen galas stretching back to 1907
can British visitors be arrested for not speaking the American language correctly
About the Author
Lisa Montanarelli, has written for numerous publications, including Art and Antiques Magazine, Publishers Weekly, and Playboy Magazine. She is also author of Strange But True: San Francisco.