5.0 out of 5 stars On the edge of my seat!
Roxy Boroughs writes stories that keep me on the edge of my seat. She did it with A Stranger's Touch, and now she's doing it again with A Stranger's Kiss.

The drama and twists in this story had me biting my nails, and worrying about the characters -- characters I had quickly grown to care about. For me, that's the best sign of a good story.

This...
Published on February 11, 2012 by A. L. Palmer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good airplane read...
Sort of a cross between a mystery and a romance novel. Okay, but nothing great. Well worth the price... Very similar to the previous novel in the series.
Published 24 months ago by MJL

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars On the edge of my seat!, February 11, 2012
This review is from: A Stranger's Kiss (Bandit Creek Book 12) (Kindle Edition)

This might be a novella, but there's enough story that it feels like a full length novel. I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, February 8, 2012
This review is from: A Stranger's Kiss (Bandit Creek Book 12) (Kindle Edition)
Packed with romance, suspense, and a happily-ever-after guaranteed to leave you laughing and crying, A Stranger's Kiss had me riveted from the opening page!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love a good ghost story!, February 9, 2012
This review is from: A Stranger's Kiss (Bandit Creek Book 12) (Kindle Edition)
I love a good ghost story.

Amy Tesher (her name for now) has returned to Bandit Creek to sell her grandmother's B&B. Amy is the overprotective mother of eleven-year-old Renee who is friends with the ghost. Not just any ghost. He's the ghost of recovering lawyer Sam Hutchinson's son. Sam has come to Bandit Creek looking for answers, wanting to find out what he can about his son's abduction and death. And he thinks Amy's family knows something.

Ms. Borough's writes with elegant description, witty dialogue and unexpected twists of plot. Prepare to be entertained!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!!, May 22, 2012
Trixie (New Hampshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Stranger's Kiss (Bandit Creek Book 12) (Kindle Edition)
A must read! It grabbed me from the beginning and just held on. This is a beautiful romantic suspense with a dash of paranormal. The characters are wonderful and captivating. It kept me on the edge of my toes both with the secrets and growing relationships between Sam and Amy and also Amy's daughter Renee and Tommy's showing up. I read A Stranger's Touch first which explains about Sam's son Tommy and is an equally amazing book. They are both tied together but are written so well and have such great story lines that they don't have to be read in order, but made this book so much better after having read the prequil first. I cant wait for her next book. Thank You for another beautiful book at a great price :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Roxy Boroughs Rocks, March 10, 2012
This review is from: A Stranger's Kiss (Bandit Creek Book 12) (Kindle Edition)
Ms Roxy Boroughs grabs the reader's attention right away with her title 'A Stranger's Kiss'. What could be more intimate than a kiss, more alluring than a stranger? But there is so much more to this tale.

Amy, a single mom to Renee, has only returned to Bandit Creek to sell her grandmother's B&B. She is not expecting guests, but when Sam Hutchinson offers her an extraordinary amount of cash for one night's accommodation, she cannot refuse. But Sam has an agenda of his own and a connection with Renee and Amy that she is not going to believe.

Ms Boroughs' pacing keeps the reader turning the pages. Each characters' flaws are believable, touching and deftly woven into a plot with which the reader cannot help but empathize. Ghosts, mystery, love and redemption all combine for a most satisfying read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't miss A Stranger's Touch!, February 8, 2012
This review is from: A Stranger's Kiss (Bandit Creek Book 12) (Kindle Edition)
Roxy Boroughs has it all - humor, suspense, and the kind of raw emotion that makes romantic suspense worth reading. This genre has a bright new star." A Stranger's Touch will keep you on the edge of your seat from the first page!

5.0 out of 5 stars Romantic Suspense with a ghost, February 29, 2012
Louise Behiel (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Stranger's Kiss (Bandit Creek Book 12) (Kindle Edition)
Something for everyone, particularly if you like a well written, fast paced story. This is the kind of book you can't put down - a book you take with you everywhere, in case you've got a minute to read. Best of all, when I was finished, I went back and re-read parts of this story simply to enjoy them again.

Well done Ms. Boroughs. You've crafted an emotional, suspense laden book that I couldn't put down. Now I'm going to buy the prequel. I look forward to more stories from you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another hit from Boroughs!!, August 7, 2012
This review is from: A Stranger's Kiss (Bandit Creek Book 12) (Kindle Edition)
The second I finished reading, "A Stranger's Touch," I purchased this one (literally - the second after I read the last word lol).

I, again, was not disappointed! Boroughs has a way of making her characters seem like people you know in real life - very personable, and REAL characters!

HOOKED describes what I was from the get-go. There is nothing better than a book opening with someone talking to a ghost! It always makes you wonder why the ghost hasn't crossed over and what he/she needs to accomplish before he/she can.

I really like Sam's character. In the beginning, you wonder if he's a good guy or not. It almost seems like he may be a bad guy disguised as good but as the story unravels, you feel so deeply for all that Sam has gone through and understand why he comes across cold at first.

The relationship between Amy and Renee is just phenomenal!! I love how they joke and tease one another. It is obvious that they have a truly great mother-daughter bond.

One last word about the characters, I love how Boroughs makes Amy out to be a mystery. It's not everyday you read a book your main character has so many secrets that you're not privy too.

I'm loaning this to my friend ASAP :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyed it!, July 4, 2012
This review is from: A Stranger's Kiss (Bandit Creek Book 12) (Kindle Edition)
Roxy has created a fast paced, suspenseful story with engaging characters, particularly Renee. "A Stranger's Kiss" touches on some emotionally dark themes but comes to a very satisfying conclusion. Loved it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Roxy does it again!, March 28, 2012
This review is from: A Stranger's Kiss (Bandit Creek Book 12) (Kindle Edition)
If you've never read a Roxy Boroughs book, you're missing out. This lady knows how to write! Tight plots, characters you can see and feel and enough excitement and thrills to keep you turning pages long after you should have shut out the light. A Stranger's Kiss is no different. From the beginning, when you realize Amy isn't using her real name, you know she's running from something, or someone. Enter Sam, the hunky hero with an agenda of his own, and a villain who makes your skin crawl and you have the makings of a superb novella. Ms. Boroughs knows how to keep you on the edge of your seat and her quality writing will never disappoint.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›