Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on June 12, 2013
This dress was exactly what I was looking for to wear to my daughter's wedding. Her theme is peacock. The detail in this dress is fabulous! Shipping from this seller was extremely fast and packaged perfectly.

I will address a few concerns I had after reading most of the posts for this dress. I did not read this but I was concerned this seller may have been one of those overseas dressmakers that "re-create" dresses from designers. This dress shipped from the US and was in stock at the time I ordered it.

The zipper does "stick" in a certain place on the dress whether I have it on or not. Nothing a little soap didn't fix.

The dress does come true to size and according to the size chart. I used the waist measurement for my ribcage since this dress falls right below the ribcage. The breast area may be slightly larger than what is stated but that is nothing a push up bra won't fix!

The dress does come a little above my knees in the front. I am 5'6" so you can judge where it will fall on you. Having gained a lot of weight over the years, I am a little self-conscience but I am ok with the length in the front. The back is as I expected - a little long even with my 5 inch heels. But I would rather it be way to long than way to short!!!! It is a lot easier to have it altered than try to figure out a way to add material! Just a personal opinion......

I think I read on a post that the dress was wrinkled. Yes, mine was also but........With the kind of material it is, that is to be expected. Nothing a little steamer or wrinkle release will not fix. Not a problem in my opinion.

As I read in another post or two, this dress came with a bonus wrap! It also comes with straps you can wear or not. Love both those features!

The applique on the dress is beautiful. The beading does not look too fake or gaudy. Will be perfect for me to wear on formal night on my upcoming cruise or for Mardi Gras.

Love the dress......Awesome Seller! Seller was quick to respond to purchase. I received an email within two hours (I really think it was 1 hour) of purchase! I did use expedited shipping because I needed it quickly. I ordered the dress one morning and had the dress the next morning! Kudos to the seller on shipping!
on April 21, 2012
I saw this dress at a store but it was a size too small and the top hook was broken. This dress is gorgeous and shipped remarkably fast (3 days from when I ordered it) it said it would come April 26 and it came the 21st. Also the store I went to was charging $275 for it so I saved around $100. The high low is perfect because the top of the high part hits right below the knee, so it's not extreme and trashy. It's perfectly funky which I love, the rhinestones don't look tacky at all which I was a little afraid of and the embroidery's gorgeous. That said, it's really hard to zip up once you get to the bodice. Even when the dress is off it sticks a lot. I'm going to have it altered later to take in the top a little (The size chart is correct I just ordered to fit my waist not my boobs) so I'll have her look at the zipper though. But still I wouldn't let that stop you from ordering because it may just be my dress and what's $30 after I just saved $100. My friends dresses are all way more expensive than mine and whenever I show someone a picture of my dress they go crazy, everyone loves it. A super unique but not weird gorgeous dress! The sweet heart top and a-line are really figure flattering too.
55 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2012
Wow, I love this little dress, it is snazzy! I dont have anything bad to say about it except that if I put on one pound between now and when I intend to wear it i will not fit into it! I bought it according to the bust size, rather than hip and waist as I found that according to the size chart I was all over the place i.e. I was a 4, a 6, and an 8. Im glad that I stuck to the bust size, the dress is designed to fall from just under the ribcage so there is plenty of room around the waist and hip, lots of flowing material. In fact, there is also a lot of length so unless you are a really tall person, you will need a very high heel. Ive got a high heel but will still be dragging a lot of dress on the ground behind me unless I get it tailored. I wont be though, I quite like the length and will be fine as long as I dont step backwards. I also received a lovely shiffon scarf with the dress which was a nice addition. Perhaps the only other thing was that I found the side zip a little difficult to pull up on my own, needed help with that, and also needed to be careful so as not to break it.
on June 5, 2012
The dress came when expected, with an additional nice chiffon scarf.
Once I had measured myself and consulted the dress chart, I discovered I was in between two sizes and went for the larger one out of the two. Having tried the dress on arrival I would have gone for the smaller size, yet having said this it was still wearable with a padded strapless bra underneath.
This dress is very fancy and has a beautiful array of coloured stones on it; it was however very, very long - I am aware that my legs are not extremely long but I did have six inch heels on and it was still trailing on the floor by alot. If I had of kept the dress I would constantly be afraid of someone stepping on it or stepping on it myself.
I must reiterate that the dress is VERY fancy - Of course I was expecting this to an extent by the picture, but in the flesh there seems to be even more flowing fabric to it. This may be perfect for your occasion, but for the occasion I bought the dress for I felt it was just too much.
Due to the fact it didn't fit perfectly, was very long, and also that it was a bit too 'fancy' for what I wanted it for, I ended up returning it. Living in the UK and getting the dress imported from overseas I also had to pay an unexpected extra VAT fee for it to be delivered, so it ended up being more costly than I first thought it would be, and because I was not totally satisfied with the dress itself I decided not to keep it.
on October 18, 2013
We ordered this dress in size 6 for my daughter and a red carpet event. When it arrived it was missing the eyelet just about the zipper. And with or without my daughter in it, there was no getting the zipper up. We were totally bummed because it would have been a great dress. Good news the return was easy. I was reminded why I always try to stay with Prime eligible items; I did not like having to pay for shipping twice.
on April 30, 2013
I ordered this dress for my prom and it's absolutely gorgeous! The fabric is flowy and not too cheap, I'm around 5'10" and I still have quite a bit of train on this dress, that's great! The high-low part is the perfect length too, it goes just above my knees! The only thing to pick at is that the sizes don't run as small as I thought, I ordered a 10 and it's pretty loose on my ribcage and bust but it's nothing a push-up bra and clear tape can't fix!(: overall a great dress and I'd recommend it to everyone!
on March 10, 2014
I wore this dress to a Mardi Gras ball with a blind date. It was gorgeous. I am usually a size 12, but the measurements indicated I needed a size 18. Unfortunately, there was some kind of defect in the way the zipper was sewn into the dress and it would only zip about half-way, even when it was not on my body. My Mom was kind enough to sew me into the dress and it looked stunning. It fit perfectly as the measurements, if not the sizing, were spot on. I looked magnificent at the ball, but unfortunately, my blind date was an a-hole, making the evening less-than-perfect. I didn't let that jerk ruin the festivities, however, I decided to dance and have a good time anyway. I looked beautiful and I wasn't going to let it go to waste. I did not search for and buy a dress, buy shoes and stockings and underwear, get my nails, hair and makeup done, spending over $300 just to be ignored and disrespected by a person lacking manners and common decency. I was going to be seen and have fun. Lots of guys asked me to dance and commented on how sweet and lovely I looked in my Meier 5846 Women's Strapless Peacock Embroidery Chiffon Gown.
on November 19, 2013
I bought this dress for a formal (kind of like prom) and it fit the occasion perfectly! I ordered a size 4 which is the smallest Amazon offers. I wear a size 0-1 in jeans typically size Small shirts and I am 5' 1". The dress was just a tiny bit big but it wasn't falling off me or anything. I had to wear a bra because the top was a tiny bit loose but again it was nothing major. Anyone could easily get it taken in just a little if they really felt it was necessary but I didn't. It came with optional straps that I considered wearing but they both broke immediately while trying to attach them but luckily I didn't need them. The detail of the dress was gorgeous, it did not look cheap at all. The dress is high-low which isn't depicted very well in the amazon pictures. The front came down to my knees and the back had a pretty long train. I read other reviews about people getting it hemmed but I didn't think it was necessary. I thought the train added some drama to it and made it look even nicer. It did get stepped on a few times but nothing ripped and it wasn't a huge problem. Overall this dress was amazing and I got tons and tons of compliments on it!
on January 27, 2015
This dress is gorgeous! I ordered my exact size (8) per the other reviewers. It is a bit too snug but I was able to zip it. I'm 5'2" so the train is pretty long but it doesn't get in the way. I plan to wear it to a Mardi Gras formal dinner on a cruise and it is perfect for the occasion.

The quality of the embroidery and beading is very high considering the cost of the dress. It did arrive wrinkled (no big shocker to me but it appears to be a common complaint in other reviews) and will have to be steamed. The zipper does indeed stick a little where the bodice meets the skirt but that isn't a design flaw, per se. It just happens when several layers of fabric meet so you have to have some help to zip it up. Again, no big deal.

I will be exchanging this size 8 for a size 10 but I do think the sizing is pretty accurate overall. If you are going to buy it, make sure you have time to size up or down via returns. You shouldn't have to pay extra to take it to a seamstress because the dress is very well-made and the hi-low style eliminates the need to hem it.
on May 27, 2014
This dress is for those who want a fun, exotic dress while also having an elegant shape. The beading and colors are brilliant and my only complaint would be the beads under on arm but that could just be my arm fat being sensitive.

As a girl under 5 feet, it was super long, but with some quick hemming, I felt like a regal princess. Many compliments and good looks will come your way if you purchase this.