Strategies for Family Law in California provides an authoritative, insider's perspective on navigating the nuances of California family law. Featuring partners and chairs from leading law firms in the state of California, this book discusses trends in child custody, child support, and spousal maintenance. These top lawyers examine new developments such as genetic testing and same-sex marriage and analyze how these issues are likely to affect family law cases. Additionally, these leaders discuss different approaches to marriage dissolution, such as mediation and collaborative divorce, and in which situations each approach is most likely to work. The different niches represented and the breadth of perspectives presented enable readers to get inside some of the great legal minds of today, as these experienced lawyers offer up their thoughts on the keys to success within this ever-changing field.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Mark B. Baer, Attorney, Mark B. Baer Inc. APLC - "A Comparison of Dispute Resolution Methods Available in Family Law Matters"
2. John E. Harding, Principal, Harding & Associates - "Surviving the Shrinking Family Law Courts" 3. Terry McNiff, Owner, Law Office of Terry McNiff - "Key Challenges and Options for Family Lawyers and their Clients"
4. Paula M. Lawhon, Principal, Mediation & Law Office of Paula M. Lawhon - "The Role of Mediation in Today's Family Law Cases"
5. Fahi Takesh Hallin, Partner, Harris Ginsberg LLP - "Strategies For Successfully Representing California Clients and Overcoming Challenges in Family Law Cases"
6. Thomas D. Wright, Attorney, Law and Mediation Offices of Thomas D. Wright - "The Initial Family Law Attorney-Client Interview"
7. Kelly Chang Rickert, Owner, Law Offices of Kelly Chang APLC - "Issues and Challenges for California Family Law Attorneys and their Clients"
8. Carla Boyd Terre, Owner, Terre Family Law - "Being an Effective Family Law Attorney: Key Strategies"
Appendix A: Checklist for Opening a File
Appendix B: Checklist for Closing a File