Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Entertainment Collectibles Outdoor Deals on HTL

Format: PaperbackChange

on November 23, 2008
With a short synopsis of NLP, Robert Dilts shares the thinking strategies of four great geniuses: Mozart, Arthur Conan Doyle, Walt Disney and Artistotle. He drew from the writings of these men, as well as interviews they gave and articles written by them. As an NLP practitioner and free-lance writer, myself, I bought this book to learn more about the creativity of Walt Disney. I found this book to be very helpful for my purposes, because it explains Disney's willingness to combine art and technological innovation, his striving for quality and realism, his way of engaging the viewer's emotions with each story, his ability to convey the personalities of his characters, and his continuing sense of excitement about his industry in particular and his artistic creations in particular. I count Robert Dilts as among the most impressive authors on the subject of NLP.
on December 27, 2011
Overall this is a pretty interesting book. My favorite and the most useable section is the one on Walt Disney. The section on Sherlock Holmes was pretty interesting as well but less pragmatic from my view point. The Mozart section was nice but I really haven't used it for much. The Aristotle section is interesting but once again I haven't found it nearly as useful as the section on Walt Disney. If you like the idea of identifying patterns in the thinking of your favorite genius' then this book is for you. In a way it teaches you to look at what some of the remarkable people in this world that we all know and respect as something that we can map out, learn and replicate rather than be someone that we can only envy.
on May 29, 2011
Recommend it!

A bit of fluff surrounds some really useful information here. It's nice to read how Mr. Dilts applied NLP related learnings to some very famous / successful people in history. The Disney Dreamer/Realist/Critic example struck me as especially life-changing. So simple, yet so important. Take this opportunity to look at life through the eyes of geniuses. A fun trip with some fine lessons!
on May 17, 2001
NLP was meant to be a technology to make maps of excellence. Robert Dilts is one of the few authors actually using NLP as it was meant to be. In the third book of the Stategies of Genius series, Robert Dilts studies the cognitive strategies of Sigmund Freud, Leonardo da Vinci and Nikola Tesla to uncover what these masters have to teach about healing, change and creativity respectively.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2011
This is a great book if you want to read about some of the greatest men of our time told in a clear and concise way that anyone can follow and enjoy. I plan on keeping this book as part of my permanent library.