Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Strategies for Successful Writing: A Rhetoric, Research Guide, Reader, and Handbook
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on July 30, 2007
I had to purchase this book to take a class for composition. My skills are definitely not in the writing side of life, but this book was easy to use. It helped me to put together essays, critiques, and other forms of writing to get me through not only that class, but others that require writing skills. Definitely recommended for those who need some guidance!
on May 14, 2002
This is a book that you will use over and over again. I started using this book because it was a required textbook for a Writing Class that I just finished. The book talks about the purposes of writing, your audience for writing and qualities of writing. The book was especially helpful for planning and drafting your first essay. It shows you how to write using Illustration, Comparison, Cause and Effect and Arguments. It also gives you examples of these writing styles. At the end of each Chapter, you have discussion questions and suggestions for writing. It is full of possible topics for you to write essay's on.
A wonderful book full of ideas and resources.
on May 3, 2010
This is an assigned text for my English course. The book contains a lot of solid information: relevant chapters addressing various facets of writing; a section on grammar in the back which offers a very informative review, and a wide variety of essays as exhibits of the various styles of writing presented in the book.

I wasn't that fond of some of the topics they chose for the essays; some were graphic and somewhat controversial. Some essays were not well written (maybe that was the point), and I prefer to read skilled writing so I can see examples of what the authors are trying to explain.

Also not fond of the clay-based paper, which is not forgiving when exposed to moisture.
on February 6, 2010
The book I purchased "Strategies for Successful Writing: A Rhetoric, Research Guide, Reader and Handbook (8th Edition) was an e-book from school. I would rather have a book in hand to read whenever and where ever I may be. I was able to purchase this book from Am,azon.copm for about $22 with shipping and the book was FANTASTIC. I loved it, was in good condition and still is. I will pass it on to the next student
on September 24, 2007
This text is very usable and easy to read. It holds all the information for one to compose college level documents with examples of styles of writing, along with APA and MLA systems for preparing papers. This is the everything about writing textbook! Great reference guide!
on March 29, 2009
This product is an excellent resource for the writing process. I use this book in conjunction with my class book for my English class in college. This is also a helpful guide for the everyday life to use.
on February 22, 2010
I scored Distinctions in the Cambridge University English and Literature Examinations for High School Graduation in 1972, and I believe I was taught by some of the best teachers. I needed a book of a very high caliber( with a similar cache of information), to give my sons who are all in University at various levels. I scoured the internet and I found this book...Excellent..none of my boys get less than a B on their essays.The material is timeless, especially now when Gordon Rules Rule.
on April 12, 2009
Strategies for Successful Writing is a book that will give the reader a solid foundation on how to write a research paper. It allows the reader to know how to properly site sources. The book will help one improve one's grammar as well.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 2008
I think this item is pretty good. Even tho it is for an English class in college. I think it's really helpful, giving a lot of an examples of actual writings from ordinary people.
on September 24, 2013
This book was bought for college and has that real loving typical college textbook feel. It will help you pass if you are not proficient in essay writing though.