Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on January 7, 2013
i like the notebook because not only I used it for pastel but for acrylic too and because of paper thickness the result was great. 24sheets 9"x12" ofcourse i didn't noticed when i was buying that the papers come i 6 different colors there are 4 of each these colors: white, cream, blue, green, light pink & brown. but since the colors are mild it's not a problem but it would be better they were all white. eathier way i couldn't get any cheeper than this in stores so I would buy this any way.
on August 25, 2013
Since I just started doing pastels, I'm not that familiar with the different pastel papers, but this is a really good value for beginners & from what I can gather, this is a standard paper for pastels, both oil & chalk or soft pastels. My mediums have been watercolor, acrylics & oils. You could probably use this for watercolor or acrylic if you have a very light touch & don't get the paper too wet. It's acid free, which is very important when you want your art to last more than a few yrs. I've done 2 pastels on it so far & found it very easy to work on. It's nice because this pad also has different color papers you can try out with your pastels in case you don't want to use the plain white. I'd say it's an excellent value, especially if you're just beginning & are hesitant to spend the money for the more expensive supports.
on October 20, 2014
Strathmore makes good, affordable paper. Although I'd like to use Canson for everything as I did in school, I have found that the Strathmore 80-Pound Pastel Paper handles my oil pastels well, especially if I apply fixative (sorry John Elliot! I still do treasure your book: Oil Pastel for the Serious Beginner). This set also offers a nice array of background colors that simply feel more inviting than white sometimes... although there are white and cream sheets too! If you are new to pastel painting, know that this paper is suitable as well for chalk and soft pastels. I have used it with acrylic paint too.
on October 8, 2012
I checked with my grand daughter after she received the whole order. She was extremely happy to get the art supplies (for college). She said everything was just what she wanted plus I had added other items.

I have used the same product in the past myself and found it was great paper to work with.
on May 10, 2015
good selection of pale tones to work pastels over. I've not had any problems out of mine, though I've read that this sort of paper doesn't hold up over the long run (the author recommended 300 gsm cold-pressed watercolour paper for archival works). The lightly coloured ground makes it possible to use less pastel to achieve a uniform background colour, allowing more direct colour layering in the painting. The pages can be sensitive to the way they're removed from the pad so be aware of that.
on January 22, 2015
Can not say anything bad about quality of the paper. But because i was looking for the colored paper i was a little disappointed by the pastel tones the paper has. And most of the sheets are cool toned which made my pics a little dull. I was expecting brighter tones. Other than that i don't see any problem with it.
i would recommend to amazon to show more detailed pics of the product then there would be less returns and disappointments.
on February 2, 2015
The paper quality meets there expectations and im absolutely engaged by the variety of soft tones. However I gave a 3 star rating because of an issue i had with the binding of the pad which disconnected from the paper. I feel like the bound of the book is the core or spine, sorta backbone of the book. It provides support for mobility without having to lug a drawing board around. Overall im still buying strathmore, again quality paper and because they market the best deals.
on February 25, 2015
Good paper to use with oil pastels and soft colors
review image review image
on December 22, 2013
This is available in most art stores as well as chain stores. It is a good pad of good quality pastel paper. The price was about the same as retail but I wanted to include it in a small set of art supplies I was giving as a gift, so extremely convenient to be able to purchase it on Amazon and avail myself of the free shipping (and the hassle of shipping.)
on December 17, 2015
I am a beginning pastel painter and use the affordable Nupastels, and this paper does not take the Nupastels well. It leaves white holes all over the painting where the pastels can't reach. It's probably fine for softer mediums like oils, but I wanted something with which I could practice the Nupastels. I have not tried putting a spray on it because I am that new, but I would definitely not purchase this product again if all I am using are the firmer pastels.
I have attached a sample of the painting I tried, knowing it is very basic, but showing the grain of the paper coming through.
review image