Strawberry Shortcake - The Sweet Dreams Movie
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Strawberry Shortcake has a dream of fresh new field of berry bushes - enough for everyone. But, when the greedy Peculiar Purple Pieman rolls into Strawberrry Land, he decides to steal Strawberry's dream - and everyone else's dreams, too!
In order to stop the Purple Pieman and his evil plan, Strawberry and her friends must travel to the Land of Dreams. Along the way, these special friends learn the value of working together to make dreams come true.
Top Customer Reviews
- To me, the CGI animation really isn't bad. Though I was thrown off by the look of it at first, I quickly grew used to it. I found some of it to actually be rather nice-looking. I also thought that the characters looked for the most part like they do in the TV show. Certainly a better effort to me than the CGI for "Clifford's Really Big Movie" (mediocre) and "Arthur's Missing Pal." (Not good at all.)
- Music and songs --- the best highlight of the film. "How a Garden Grows" is a fast-paced, standout song and very catchy. A couple of other fun songs include "All it Takes" and "The Land of Dreams." The songs overall are berry nice and drive the plot along.
- Characters - This film introduces a number of new characters to the series. Doing this sort of thing is always a bit of a tightrope, but I think all of the new characters work fairly well here. Raspberry Torte, works well as a reluctant protagonist (looking out for Lemon Meringue) and even though the series doesn't necessarily need villains to make it interesting, Purple Pie Man and his sister Sour Grapes fill the role well enough.
- Story - A decent enough plotline, though a bit slow-starting. The Land of Dreams was a fun place to visit and I wouldn't mind seeing it in the series again.
- No special features other than Spanish subtitles and previews for other releases on this DVD.Read more ›
My biggest peeve about the movie is that "ing" does not seem to be in the voice actors' vocabularies. ("Mornin' Comin' Shinin") Also, too many "gottas" as opposed to "haftas"...just a slight peeve of mine. Haha. I loved the computer animation very much so. Sour Grapes looks like Renee Zellweger, hahaha.
As far as the story it wasn't bad. The sleep bug was sooooo cute. You got to see the sandman and how he makes dreams. I think if they left the characters they same as they were in the other videos I would've enjoyed it more and so would've my sisters.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Strawberry Shortcake-The Sweet Dreams movie centers on the characters of Strawberry Shortcake and her friends as they journey to a colorful and distinct dreamland world to help... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Stella Carrier
My granddaughter loves this movie. It's cute and sweet and lots of fun.Published 4 months ago by Mimi618
My daughter really enjoys watching this movie. Not scary and gets her imagination going.Published 16 months ago by Kate T.
I gave the rating that I did because of the smile on my kid's face and the speed in which it took to arrive. Based on that I would recommend it to others.Published 20 months ago by Mike
Mum bought this movie for my kids both under four. Sweet dreams is the first strawberry shortcakes they have seen. It has been watched 5 times in the last 3 days. They love it. Read morePublished on July 18, 2013 by Candy2585
this was bought because her copy fell out of the car and was eaten by some animal. ruining the case.Published on June 18, 2013 by Marcia Wilson