1,203 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars VIDEO and review for Stylus Pro light
Customer Video Review     Length:: 8:28 Mins
Published on May 14, 2008 by Nutnfancy

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not last... 3 times!
Published on May 2, 2011 by Joshuaad

5.0 out of 5 stars VIDEO and review for Stylus Pro light, May 14, 2008
Length:: 8:28 Mins

I remain amazed at the progress in portable lighting technology. Recent advancements in LED quality and brightness levels surpasses past iterations and as of May 2008 this seems to be the best light in this size and form factor. The Stylus Pro is an improvement over the thinner but not-as-bright regular Stylus, also a great little light (and reviewed also in the video). The SP not only has a brighter "high flux" LED but its push button switch makes it one hand operable, a big advantage pretty much in all situations. For these features it is only slightly thicker than the regular Stylus but still very lightweight (only a svelte 1.8 oz). The output is also electronically controlled meaning its brightness will be more consistent and even through the life of the batteries. Other features including materials, battery types, and their clips are covered in the video. Both the Stylus and the Stylus Pro are super quality lights that feature lightweight, small size, and good durability. In the world of small lights the Stylus Pro is currently reigning supreme.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light Great price, May 31, 2008
Lightweight, intense light, easy to operate with one hand- this would be an incredible tool for law enforcement or an emergency responder. I'm buying a few more immediately I doubt one could ask for a more versatile hand held light. The beam is very intense- might even do well as a self-defense item as it is blinding if shone directly in the eyes. Money well spent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super!, July 3, 2008
Never owned a better light!
Super bright, easy to get batteries, tough construction and even a holster with a lifetime guaranty.
I also bought the Streamlight Ulta Stinger and it too is wonderful.
Streamlight has turned me into a light junkie.
I'm spoiled and will never buy another Maglite nor anything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for doctors!, October 21, 2009
I'm a veterinarian and have been looking for a penlight that won't break when dropped and won't stop working when wet. I've FINALLY found the perfect light! Not only is this thing shockproof and waterproof, but it also puts out brighter light from a pen light than I've ever seen in my life. I finally can get accurate pupillary light reflexes from a pen light! I've recommended this to many veterinarians, and all have given rave reviews! This little flashlight is amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! (with a caveat), January 28, 2010
This is a great pen light for all the reasons stated both above and in other reviews.

However, if you're a medical student/EMT/nurse/doctor, don't think that you can pull double duty and make this a light to check pupils with. It's just way too bright, and your patients will hate you forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Say, "Ahhhhhhhhhh", February 19, 2009
QuantumJoe83 "Joe" (Charleston, SC United States) - See all my reviews
I am a resident physician and The Streamlight 66118 Stylus Pro is a great light for me. I was tired of using cheap penlights that always seemed to break or flicker and where not very bright for assessing pupilary reflexes and patients' oropharynxes. During the early morning hours when patients are still asleep, this light also comes in very handy to assess surgical wounds as well.

Overall, I'm very happy with this light, and would strongly recommend it to anyone who needs a small but bright light.

5.0 out of 5 stars industrial drop tested..., August 29, 2009
I am a service tech for industrial cranes. i have a need for a small portable light because many times i am working up high where normal lighting just doesn't shine. the streamlight 66118 is a very convenient way to carry a small, bright light to places where i need some illumination for checking crane components in dark places. recently, my streamlight was dropped from a height of approx. 25 feet onto a concrete floor. i was worried because even shock proof items can break after that kind of a fall. when i got back down to ground level, it still worked. i was very impressed to say the least. i would recommend this to anyone looking for easily portable lighting. It's definitely going to be a stocking stuffer this year when i buy presents for friends and family. you can't beat it for $20.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not last... 3 times!, May 2, 2011
I enjoyed this flashlight when it worked. I've replaced it 3 times and they all failed within a few months. A bad switch or bad contact seems to be the culprit here. The price is right and so is the design. I kept it on my belt at all times when in the field. Now I can't take a chance and buy another one since it has failed in exactly the same way in a relatively short amount of time each time. Too bad. I'm surprised there aren't more negative reviews here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pocket flashlight!!!, May 12, 2010
I was a fan of the Stlyus model since it came out but always hated the fact that the AAAA batteries were expensive and you couldn't always find them. I also didn't like that the LED was exposed on the Stylus, so if you dropped it (like I did frequently) it would break or loosen the LED and then it would flicker and eventually not work at all.
The Sylus Pro is a perfect improvement: sealed LED with a regular lens, rugged case construction, and it uses AAA batteries that can be purchased anywhere (Hint: I use Energizer lithiums in mine - they last a long time and the light stays bright).
I work on cars for a living and this light has been indespensable. It's very bright and it can take a beating.

5.0 out of 5 stars love my streamlight stylus, June 2, 2008
Totally impressed with this little flashlight. Small size fits and clips easily into pants pocket. Surprisingly bright beam shines much farther than I expected. Aluminum housing is very durable, and I've gotten it wet several times with no problems. The light has been used quite a bit and is still using the original batteries. One hand operation makes it very handy.

Rate and Discover Movies