2,128 Reviews
 (1,482)

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is BRIGHT!
This well-constructed little flashlight is much brighter than I expected. I bought for use inside a tent, for which it is really too bright, but it's perfect on a keychain for lighting a path or door locks. Unlike many other LED keychains, you don't have to continuously press anything to keep it on, just twist the handle 1/4 turn.

The flashlight is really...
Published on August 27, 2008 by T. Handley

3.0 out of 5 stars Very bright & tiny - but requires two hands to turn on/off
Published on November 2, 2008 by Dorbel Tweeter

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing is BRIGHT!, August 27, 2008
T. Handley (Sacramento, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Streamlight 73001 Nano Light Miniature Keychain LED Flashlight, Black (Tools & Home Improvement)

The flashlight is really solidly built and extremely lightweight. Whenever they finally give up, I'll be replacing the included LR41 batteries with SR41, which cost about the same and last longer. For what you get this flashlight is a great bargain!

5.0 out of 5 stars HOPE YOU READ THIS REVIEW FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, February 2, 2010
Can't say anymore about how great this little keychain light is than has already been said, but HERE'S the answer for making this light stay together for you, and NOT come undone on you. Cut yourself about a 4 inch long by about 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide strip of teflon tape. That's the non adhesive type of tape usually in a small plastic round container that plumbers wrap around pipe threads to prevent leaks(white in color). The tape once you cut it should wrap completely around the flashlights threads twice around. This will CURE the flashlight from coming undone on you. :-) Another trick I came up with is for all of you that have trouble loading this flashlight up with batteries. Next time, try this. When you are ready to change the batteries, carefully open the flashlight with the keychain clip facing down. Unscrew the cap (with the led in it), and set to the side. Now take the half with the keychain clip on it, with the old batteries still inside, and place it upside down on a counter top or desk top surface. Next, very carefully lift that half of the flashlight STRAIGHT UP, so that all the batteries are stacked on top of each other. This will now show you the direction in which you will now make a similar stack of batteries with 4 NEW BATTERIES. NOW, place that same half of the flashlight over the stack of new batteries and go STRAIGHT DOWN with it until it is completely over ALL the batteries (now inside the flashlight half). Carefully slide the flashlight half with the batteries inside over to the edge of the counter top or desk top, keeping the flashlight half straight up. Only allow that flashlight part to get just to the edge not past it, and now place your finger by that edge so that you can slide the flashlight half over the edge and onto your your finger. You should now have the flashlight half with the batteries inside and the batteries held in there with your fingertip. Now screw on the other half of the flashlight to it and THERE YA GO!! :-) Hope it all made sense to ya's :-) GREAT little flashlght!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super bright flashlight at a very low cost -- replace with alkaline batteries ONLY!, March 7, 2009
Aaron702 (Central Illinois, USA) - See all my reviews
I've needed a small flashlight for quite a while, as our backdoor is not well lit. I thought I would get a small single AAA flashlight, and found a very bright one for just under $50 (Fenix-made). However, after reading the reviews on this one, I decided I couldn't go wrong with trying the Nanolight.

This light may only be a 10+ lumen, single-LED light, but it is brighter than a 9 LED light we bought at a hardware store (for $2) that requires 3 AA batteries. Amazingly, this is so small that it is barely half the length of my thumb and more thin than any point on my pinky finger. It has a nice clip that fastens it to your keychain in a snap.

I bought one for myself and my wife, and we use it in place of any light in our car.

With new LED technologies just around the corner, why pay more for other, expensive LED lights when you can get this for so little and choose to upgrade later if needed?

We will be buying a lot of Nanolights for Christmas later this year. It is water-resistant, powerful, and always there when you need it without taking up room in your pocket.

There are two drawbacks. One is replacing the four tiny alkaline batteries (using the same size hearing aids use). Fortunately, the cells are pretty cheap and the light is supposed to last up to 8 hours on a set. The second drawback is that the light has a real tendency to fall apart the more it is used. However, there is a fix for this. Simply put Teflon tape on the threads.. This will keep it waterproof while assuring the bezel can't easily work itself loose.

Once you get it, you will wonder how you got along without it.

UPDATE: I've found out that the hearing aid batteries that work in this light are zinc-air batteries. They work, but they require access to air, which means when the batteries exhaust the air in the waterproof casing, they stop working. You need to unscrew the top and let it set for a minute or two to get the full charge back.

Please search Amazon for bulk LR41 batteries--you will find them so inexpensive that any concerns about availability or pricing for replacements will fade away. These are alkaline batteries, so you won't have the problem I mention above.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very bright & tiny - but requires two hands to turn on/off, November 2, 2008
That pretty much says it all for me. It's an amazing little light, but it doesn't really work for my purpose. I wanted something to put on a key chain to be able to see the door lock at night. Usually I am coming in with one arm full of "stuff" and so have only one hand free to unlock the door - but then I cannot turn the light on with just the one hand. I wish it had a button on/off switch, or a momentary on/off.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice little flashlight, but has design flaw, July 11, 2009
I wished I had read the previous reviews more carefully.
On the plus side, it is a nice little compact flash light, solidly made and bright, but it has a design flaw. The "on" mechanism of the flashlight, requires you (to use two hands) to twist and screw/tighten the flashlight. However, if you keep this flashlight in you pockets along with your keys and stuff, I guarantee you that eventually the unit will unscrew itself and all the batteries will fly loose and the unit separates when you pull it out. It has happened to me twice already, and one time I lost one of the four cell batteries and had to buy a replacement battery (they sell as a pack of 10, albeit not too expensive).

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome light, August 18, 2008
Eric R. (Dayton, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This is the best keychain flashlight I have ever seen. It is so small I can't even tell that it's on my keys. And it's brighter than my double a maglite! Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little light, February 7, 2009
Just like everybody says it gives off a descent light, but remember that it is a key chain light only meant to help illuminate low lit areas like the keyhole of a door. To give you guys an idea it will illuminate a corner of an average sized bedroom. For its size this is as good as it's going to get. If you want something brighter you're going to have to settle for something a little bit bigger, with higher lumen output. The range is not great but sufficient for my purposes.

There isn't a button switch like most flashlights. Instead you have a twist switch, but you can turn it on momentarily. If you push the top of the light down, the light will turn on momentarily. If you twist the top, it will stay on constantly. I don't know if Streamlight designed it this way, but it works for me.

I have no issues operating this with one hand. Some people say it's difficult but I have no problem whatsoever. I have small hands.

It has a clip on the back that lets you easily attach and detach if need be. This is a plus for me.

I have nothing bad to say about this little light except that the batteries for this light is not as easily available as other batteries. Not a big problem for me because I just bought 50 spares online so I have them readily available.

Buy this now, you won't regret it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor design: needs a switch, April 8, 2010
Ludwig (Milford, New Hampshire) - See all my reviews
Other reviewers have said it & it's happened to me too: the twist design means that if you keep the light on a keychain in your pocket, normal jostling will either a) cause the light to twist on, draining the battery or b) cause the light to twist apart, dumping the batteries & bulb housing loose into your pocket. Both have happened to me, & in succession, over the year I've had this light. I'm giving up on it. Save yourself the trouble & look for an alternative.

1.0 out of 5 stars Falls Apart, September 19, 2012
T (NYC, USA) - See all my reviews
Great flashlight.... until it fell apart by unscrewing itself. Took out my keys to find half the flashlight missing. The same thing happened to the one I bought for my girlfriend. Would be a great flashlight but fatally flawed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Deal, April 21, 2008
Received one for my birthday from my instructor, and I've gotta say--I wasn't expecting this tiny little thing to put out this much light. 10 lumens doesn't sound like much, but it appears brighter than my Fenix P1D on its "Low" setting (rated 12 lumens). Mine has a slight violet tinge to the beam, which I like given that I find that it helps me find small details easily missed by normal inspections.

Construction is like that of a MagLight, milled from a solid piece of aluminum. Operation is easy, even one-handed. Feels like it could take a beating without loss of performance.

I'd give it 4.5 out of 5 stars because of the (included) unusual batteries it uses (compared to 123 batteries), but LR41 batteries aren't uncommon. Not really a detractor, though; it most likely replace my P1D for everyday use.

Final word: Great deal. Highly recommend.

Rate and Discover Movies