Most helpful positive review
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
on July 19, 2003
First of all, I'd just like to start off by saying how sorry I am that I have to give this DVD four stars instead of five. The reasons are the following:
- The animation and art quality of this series is kinda bad...although at times it will look great, most of the times the characters keep changing how they look- sometimes they look buff, other times they look thin and ugly, other times they look stupid... as if the artists were always taking turns drawing.
- At times, the DVD color will screw up a little. Though, not really a major problem after you get used to it, but in the beginning, it might become very annoying.
- The biggest flaw in the DVD- They took away the intro theme song(Kaze fuiteru- which, btw, is the best anime song I'v ever heard by far.) and video, and they also took out the ending theme. These were replaced by a techno like theme which is ok, but I'd much rather have Kaze Fuiteru instead.
- Even though the Japanese voices are the perfect choice for the characters, sometimes they're moving their lips and instead we will either listen to laughing(which wont match the lips) or nothing at all...
But, now for the pluses of this wonderful series and DVD:
- The japanese voices are P E R F E C T for every single character, even the Director of Fei Long's movie. I specially like Chun- Li's voice, which is as cute as you can get.
- The english voices are OK...although at times I feel like Manga only casted these voices for their battle cries and yelling. Ken and Chun- Li's battle cries are pretty good, but their voices are awful, they dont match the characters at all.
Fei Long's voice is good, although his Bruce Lee like yelling during his fight with Ken was not Bruce Lee at all...more like a high pitched rip off of the american Fei Long voice in Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie.
Ryu and Guile's voice are excellent. If I'm not mistaken, they are the same voices from SFII, which is very pleasing, as I loved Guile's voice in the animated movie aswell.
In the american dub, they also change around alot of the things the japanese voices are saying, and sometimes they even add words where they shouldn't be. This doesn't bother me, though.
- The DVD has seven episodes. This is great, because the VHS only had three.
- It contains a trailer of various Manga Animes(which is pretty cool if you enjoy anime), including the trailer to the series.
- It contains a catalogue of Manga Anime.
- It has the intro theme song remix- I'd still prefer Kaze Fuiteru, or Cry.
- The character development is great. The characters are really unique, and you'll end up either loving them, or hating them.
- The fights are superb- specially Fei Long vs Ken and Ryu vs Guile. AWSOME FIGHTS.
- The music. The music which plays during the fights and such is really catchy and enjoyable.
Overall, if you like Anime, Martial Arts, or Street Fighter, this DVD is for you!
I cant wait to recieve Volume 2, which I will order in a couple of days.