4.0 out of 5 stars good bike, wish i had known
Published on March 15, 2010 by S. Nash

3.0 out of 5 stars ok for the price
Took a bit to assemble and my son kept disconnecting the brake wires.. but he was only three at the time.. He also struggled with it as it is quite heavy but ultimately got the hang of it.

Now he is almost 4 (and the size of the average 5.5 years old) and we bike regularly but on a flat safe surface so he almost never needs to use the brakes.

The...
Published on May 19, 2009 by Alex Cortez

4.0 out of 5 stars good bike, wish i had known, March 15, 2010
This review is from: Street Flyers Amazing Spiderman Bike, White, 16-Inch (Sports)
I bought this bike for my 4 1/2 yr old son for this coming easter. He hasn't seen it yet ( the easter bunny will be delivering it) but I already know he will love it. the assembly was relatively easy, and didn't require all the tools the instructions/box indicated. My only dislike thusfar is the fact that nowhere in the listing/specs/details online was it listed that this bike contains lead. It wasn't until fedex delivered it that I saw a big warning on the package "WARNING: CONTAINS LEAD" I find it a bit disconcerting that this was not mentioned anywhere and no one had brought it up in previous reviews. We live in an old house and my son has already had elevated lead levels so it is a concern for me, I figure other parents would like to know about this as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Bike for the price, but there were some defects, March 17, 2007
A. Strader (Greensboro, NC United States) - See all my reviews
We purchased this bike for my five year old son for his birthday. We were unable to find a Spiderman bike at any of our local stores, so we decided to make an online purchase. The price was very low, and we received free shipping which was great! The bike arrived quickly, even though we had chosen super-shaver shipping. There were some issues with the bike. Once the bike was put together and our son tried to ride it, we realized the front and back wheel were badly warped. So much so, that the rear wheel rubbed against the brake very badly to the point that my son couldn't pedal the bike. We were pretty disappointed to say the least. However we called the warranty number in the booklet that came with the bike. I was told how to submit my request for new wheels by e-mail, and did so. We received the two new wheels within days of my e-mail request and were able to put them on his bike. The new wheels are great, and we are having no more problems with them. I'm not sure if maybe the wheels were damaged during shipping (as the box the bike arrived in looked slightly beat up), or if this was a manufacturer's problem. Anyway, the problem was resolved and the new wheels were free of charge.

One other problem I would mention with this bike, but that isn't a real big deal, was that the front faceplate that fits onto the handle bars fell off. The little plastic zip ties that hold it on, broke immediately. They were very brittle. This isn't a huge problem, as the bike looks fine without the plate. But we will need to purchase some new zip ties to put the plate back on.

I normally would have given this bike a 3 in the review, but decided to give it a 4 because our warranty needs were met immediately, and to our satisfaction.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok for the price, May 19, 2009

The only real problem we have is with the pedals. Every now and then I will be biking with them and one of them will become unscrewed and will fall off. This is easily fixed by screwing the pedals back but is a little scary. i can imagine this being a real problem if we were biking fast and or going on a hill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bike, December 29, 2006
My son loved this its sturdy and very easily assembled. It should serve him well at least up to about 10 years old its a nice size. If you have a Spiderman fanatic like myself they will loveee this bike.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase, January 16, 2007
I brought this for my 4yr old grandson because he loves Spiderman and he was ecstatic on Christmas. That was one of the best presents that he got. It wasn't too hard to put together either.

3.0 out of 5 stars wheels suck, May 27, 2010
The wheels on this bike are not align, it touches the sides of the frame. If you know how to fix this problem get it. You are going to need to pay to get it fix.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Beginner Bike!, February 6, 2010
This bike was a beginner bike for my 3-1/2 year-old for Christmas. It was easy to assemble and went together without a hitch. Assembly was very straight forward, so the instructions were really only referenced for proper assembly order. Quality seems excellent.

My son loves the bike, and of course, loves that it is "Spidy Man!" He is still in the learning stages of riding the bike, so it is not yet seeing heavy duty use. By that time, history has taught me that he will have out-grown this bike anyway and be on a larger, second one. Kids grow so fast.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bike, June 23, 2009
I purchased this bike for my little boy who is almost 4 years old, and he absolutely loves it. Even his sister (who is 6.5) rides it (I just raise the seat up for her).

1.0 out of 5 stars Pick another bike, December 25, 2011
I got this for my nephew for Christmas on the insistence of a family member. I chose this bike b/c the kid is obsessed with spider man, but I was skeptical because of the lack of reviews and no mention of a brand name for the bike. It arrived in the box missing all the reflectors, with both wheels warped out of shape, some of the spider man decal speakers coming off, and a crankshaft that was incredibly rough when turned. I wanted to send the bike back, but the family member I ordered the bike for took it to a mechanic to get the crankshaft issue fixed because they were sold on the spider man thing. The bottom line is no bike should come out of the box with the defects this one had. No kids bike should be without reflectors (it's not like they're hard to find, but they should be included with the bike), and it should be able to be ridden as soon as assembled. It's more expensive than comparable bikes on here with good reviews, and it's likely to arrive with problems and/or mishandled. Don't bother with this one folks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bike for a 3 year old, May 22, 2010
We purchased this bike for our 3 year old because it was the right size and inexpensive. He made the transition from tricycle to training wheels brilliantly with the help of this well-built, sturdy bike. He loves it!

Street Flyers Amazing Spiderman Bike, White, 16-Inch
$89.99 $85.64
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
Rate and Discover Movies