5.0 out of 5 stars Now I LOVE Cardio!
Published on September 14, 2012 by Pajamann

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for the street summit 8r
Published on June 4, 2012 by DZorters

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I LOVE Cardio!, September 14, 2012
This review is from: StreetStrider Summit 8r - Breakwater Blue (Misc.)
My husband and I purchased two a week ago. We ordered demos and saved some money but there were some problems. One of the striders came with everything needed and we put it together immediately. The other was missing essential bolts, which the company got to us a week later. Those bolts were the wrong size. We managed to find some bolts that worked but the customer service gets zero stars from me. Terrible! Despite the hassles with the shipping department, we love these striders. They are brutal cardio machines! The first day we went out for two 15-minute strides because that's all we could manage. After just a few days we were up to 30 minutes and it's FUN! The turning radius is nothing to write home about, but I'm working on it and it's getting a little better each day. I love that I can come to a complete stop and remain standing on the strider. It's absolutely great to come home after a full day's work and look forward to working out. This from a woman who previously really hated cardio workouts. You're not going to be able to travel as far and as fast as you would on a traditional bicycle but the workout you'll get is total body and much better than riding a bike. I have lost two pounds this week. We're waiting to receive the platform, which will allow us to use a strider indoors during inclement weather. The cost IS high, but considering the price of a good elliptical machine, this is a real bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny!, April 29, 2013
This review is from: StreetStrider Summit 8r - Breakwater Blue (Misc.)
The StreetStrider has provided the best workout I've ever had outside of the gym. It's fun, easy to use, very well designed and built to high quality standards. First, to those folks who are "complaining" about the price... Sure, it may only cost $500 or $600 for the actual components in the StreetStrider, but give your head a shake people! Do you think that this IDEA and DESIGN were just grasped out of thin air? Imagine the R&D and sleepless nights that went into designing this thing! If it's so easy, then I challenge all of you to go out, purchase the $600 worth of parts and BUILD YOUR OWN STREETSTRIDER!! Go ahead, do it, post a picture and then I'll shut up!

For the one reviewer who said that it's only good in parking lots... What the heck are you talking about??? Don't give up on it that easy! Learn to use it more. Practice, practice, practice!!! My wife & I take ours on bike paths, sidewalks, roads, etc... and have absolutely no problems. It is simply a matter of gaining CONFIDENCE in using something that is obviously different. You can't compare the StreetStrider to a bicycle... it's like comparing a car to a motorcycle! They are two different things altogether! Google "StreetStrider Videos" and watch how those who have gotten used to it can ride it. It's not that difficult... really. On our first time out on these, we went for 40 minutes. Yes, we were exhausted and yes, the next day we were sore and felt the workout, but THAT'S WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!! These things are for HEALTH AND FITNESS... not for joyriding! Well, that's not true. You can do a leisurely "joyride" if you like... just stay away from the hills!! LOL

As the old saying goes... "Don't judge a book by it's cover", or in this case by it's price tag. Do your homework and research. Read the history of the StreetStrider. Learn about who invented it and how he invented it (and why he invented it). Yes, $2000 is a lot of money, but those who take their health seriously and who know how business works from the idea process to production and distribution will realize that this is no more of a price gouge than anything you purchase day to day. To bring it down to something you can relate to... how much do you think that $1 can of soda costs Coke or Pepsi to make? Maybe 10˘? Is a 10X mark-up to the consumer not a rip off? Why don't you complain about that? Just because it's a low dollar item, it is no different.

Bottom line... the StreetStrider is an excellent machine priced reasonably for the benefits you gain from owning one!

5.0 out of 5 stars purchased for exercise and weight loss, July 2, 2012
This review is from: StreetStrider Summit 8r - Breakwater Blue (Misc.)
I bought this for exercise and weight loss. It is fun enough that I want to ride it but it is hard enough that I work up a sweat quickly. It is a bigger workout than bike riding. I will have to build up to being able to ride it for more than a few minutes at a time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost 45lbs in 2011 burning 3 to 4k Calories every time I Stride!, May 27, 2012
S. Cameli "Lasareath" (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: StreetStrider Summit 8r - Breakwater Blue (Misc.)
I LOVE my StreetStrider!, I lost 45LBS in 2011 with it and I'm already down 7LBS in the past week this year. If you want the best cardio workout there is then get a StreetStrider!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars StreetStrider gave me my life back, June 11, 2012
Baja Man (Gold Coast of Baja) - See all my reviews
This review is from: StreetStrider Summit 8r - Breakwater Blue (Misc.)
I must make a comment as a customer who invested in the company due to the numerous beneficialy qualities of the StreetStrider. My life was consumed with endulgence and the corporate ladder and I allowed myself to reach 255 lbs at only 5' 8". I found in StreetStrider, a fun way to exercise stuck with it to lose 75 lbs and gain my life back. Stride the beach, Stride the hills, Stride the bike paths, Stride the metro areas, Stride to breakfast, STride to the store, Stride ANYWHERE. I'm in the best shape of my life and I would have paid 5X for these results. Please try the revolutionary StreetStrider and then review this amazing machine:)

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, June 4, 2013
This review is from: StreetStrider Summit 8r - Breakwater Blue (Misc.)
Well, I had taken the leap about a year an a half ago and purchased a StreetStrider. I was running/jogging/walking between 6-8 miles 2-3 times a week and was in absolute agony at night and would toss and turn because my knees and hips hurt so badly. And Yes, I have Great running shoes, and am, over all, a healthy person. Anyway, I was really hoping that the StreetStrider would relieve the agony I was in at night after running and I can say, Yes, it did! I may be a little sore, but NOTHING like I was in when I was running. After having it for this length of time, I can say, in all honesty, I am glad I made the investment. When I look back,about 12-13 years ago we purchased a high-end treadmill that was around $1,200. It was expensive and I hated spending the money, but justified it at the time because I am not a member of a gym, my health is important and I needed a means with which to exercise. I have to say, this is So much better, I love it and do not regret the decision to make the investment. Now, I will say this, it does take some time to get used to it, but like previous reviews, when you practice and "learn" the curve of how to use the Strider, you won't be disappointed. I usually use it on the roads in my area and even use it on dirt roads (except in the early spring after the ground begins to thaw and the roads are a disaster), I don't really care for it in sand, but other than that, I have been really happy with it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for the street summit 8r, June 4, 2012
This review is from: StreetStrider Summit 8r - Breakwater Blue (Misc.)
It not really that great to ride I'm the street. It is not nearly as easy to turn or u turn as a bicycle. It better in an empty parking lot. So you unless you live near an empty parking lot, you will need to transport it to an empty parking lot. You can try to ride it in the street but it's lack of manuversbility could be dangerous or at least scary if you encounter traffic. It's not much wider than a bicycle but the 3 wheel design does not let you move as far to the right because you will need to keep all three tires on the road or sidewalk. Definitely not recommended for sidewalks because of this issue. It is also not as good of a hill climber as a bicycle. It's much less efficient in transferring your energy.
Since it it less efficient than a bicycle, it is also not a good commuter or errand runner.
My sister can only stride for 3 or 4 minutes before she needs a break, This is great if you want a quick way to get your heart rate up, it's not so great if you want to travel a few miles to the store or work or wherever. My brother in law who is more fit than I am can stride about 10 minutes before he I'd fatigued. So on a 3 mike stride he even has to stop to recover in the middle of his stride/ride. It seems best to use the indoor attachment instead of loading it up an transporting it to an open parking lot for a 20 minute workout.
It made fairly well with good quality parts, but more comparable to the quality of construction and the parts used bicycles about half the price. Although it provides a good workout and is fun to ride, Street Strider is definitely praying upon fitness buffs with the price point of this machine. 2 stars for the cardio workout.

5.0 out of 5 stars If in doubt try one out., February 22, 2014
This review is from: StreetStrider Summit 8r - Breakwater Blue (Misc.)
We run a channel swimmer training facility in the Uk on the south coast. We were impressed by the therapeutic and weight reduction profile of what appeared to be an interesting whole body exerciser that could be used by swimmers to maintain overall fitness and therapy for repairing swim related injury. We now have a set of street striders and will be using them this season for exercise and fun. The harbour area at Dover is ideal to use as an enjoyable training area and we have been more than pleased with our own use of the machines which are already proving to be as effective as we had surmised. If readers have any reservations about the striders they can come see us on the harbour side area and try one of our striders out for themselves. See you guys at the seaside.

1.0 out of 5 stars No seat!, July 7, 2012
This review is from: StreetStrider Summit 8r - Breakwater Blue (Misc.)
You must be able to sit occasionally while continuing to peddle. Even the Tour De France competitors sit often. And the turning radius reminds me of the 1995 Dodge truck I once owned. And the cost would be laughable if it were not absurd.

2.0 out of 5 stars TOO MUCH MONEY!, June 23, 2012
This review is from: StreetStrider Summit 8r - Breakwater Blue (Misc.)
I agree with most others. I would like to have one of these, but would never spend $2000. WAY TOO MUCH MONEY!

StreetStrider Summit 8r - Breakwater Blue