Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

Package Quantity: 1Change
Price:$5.42+ $3.99 shipping

on June 2, 2008
After I stumbled upon a thug prowling around my car, I bought a motion sensor alarm. Trouble was, it got triggered by everything from cats to falling leaves.

I bought this and rigged it up with fishing line strung accross my driveway, which will pull the pin if someone walks into it. Now if the alarm goes off I know for certain someone is out there who desperately needs a face full of pepper spray - or worse.

The three pack was a nice value, and I'm glad I bought it. That way I have another one to put on my front porch, and my daughter carries the third one as a personal alarm.

There's no guarantee this or any alarm will keep you safe. But if there's one thing low lifes hate it's attention, and with this alarm they'll get plenty of it.
11 comment21 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 12, 2007
As a word of advice, wear earplugs when testing this gadget! This thing is loud as hell. If this is not enough to deafen and scare a burglar away then I don't know what will. I hooked this up to every single door we have in the house. There is no friggin way someone can open a door (when armed) without me hearing it. Definitely alot better than paying a security company a monthly fee. I give this 6 stars.
11 comment28 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 1, 2007
Purchased package of 3 personal alarms. Items were received on time and in perfect condition. Seller's product description is accurate. Would have given 5 stars, but was hesitant since the alarms' size reduces carry-on practicality: its a bit heavy (about as much as a mid sized cell phone)and not entirely small. Yet, it definitely has a apparent usefulness, as the 130 DB alarm proves sufficiently audible, and the flashing light provides sizable sight in dark situations. Overall, acceptable.
on September 29, 2009
The alarm is definitely loud, no doubt about that. However, I wanted a cheap (which this is) alert alarm for my front door to wake me up if an intruder opens the door. The door aspect of this alarm is two metal prongs that, if separated, will sound the alarm. You stick the prongs in between the door and door jam to set the alarm. The problem is, the prongs want to push itself out of the door, you will need to have a very tight fit between your door and door jam to hold this in place. So, I have false alarms as a result. Also, there is no good way to disable the alarm without taping the prongs together. So, answering the door takes a minute or two. I'm going to get a motion sensing alarm instead....
on October 6, 2007
its got so many ways you can use it. i like to sleep with the window open so i put a small potted plant in the window with the hidden alarm prongs under it. if someone tries to break in they have to move the plant and it sets off the alarm. you can rig it to your food bags when camping and turn it into a bear alarm, put in windows and doors, even hook it up to your wallet.
on May 4, 2010
The main thing I like about these alarms are that they are triggered once the pin has been removed. This is great because they can be set up to be triggered further away from a door or window. Doing so means that if an intruder opens the door or window they dont know were the alarm is at and they cant just grab it and throw or smash it if its right beside the entry way. I rigged mine up with fishing line and have it about 30ft away from the door and about 15ft high. Its pretty loud. Nothing you want to hear for a prolong period of time. I dont care for the light and will probably disable it so that way it does not stand out at night if triggered. I would recommend this as an inexpensive way to give your self a audible alarm.
on January 16, 2008
this thing is very loud, i use it for my jeep for the plastic windows so if any1 trys to pull them off to get in it goes off, the mini flash light comes in handy, only bad thing is the only way to turn it off is to put the string back in, but besides that a fantastic item great for a gift too.
on March 12, 2008
hadnt used until i got to rio , was with a friend and decided to show him how loud it was , so i pulled the pin gave it a blast, and went to put the pin back in but it wouldnt stop the alarm , so there iam one street of copacabana in rio , with this alarm against my stomach going off. We went to a key cutting booth and got a screw driver to open the alarm to disengage the battery , then i threw it in the bin , i still have the other one in my bum bag , not sure wether or not to pull the pin , incase i cant stop the thing
on October 1, 2011
This thing has its Pro's and its Con's, like everything does. But, for what it's meant to do, and how loud it is, I can't justify detracting a star... well, I guess I could, but I won't. Here's what my Ps and Cs are:
Pro's:
~ In the words of another reviewer: This is loud as h*ll
Another reviewer that wrote that the sound is diffused/"dissolved" outdoors, I agree with the 2 comments they received. This thing is PLENTY loud and even Damaging to your ears if you expose yourself to it long enough. If you got it rigged at the length of a football field to, let's say, a car, well NO, it's not going to be overly impressive. Everything is relative and subjective.
~ The strobe-type bright light is pretty impressive too
~ The price is right and the battery is inexpensive
~ It's adaptable to many situations; you can use it for doors, windows, pin under a laptop, etc
~ It's light weight and compact; will definitely take this baby with me to my next hotel stay
Con's:
~ It can be cumbersome, depending on where you are trying to wedge it (when you use the prongs)
~ In certain situations, the prongs may not stay in place
~ No way to turn it off!! Unless you get the prongs connected again, or stick it back in the hole if you're using the detachment feature
Need to share a very unpleasant story here. I had the prongs wedged into the bottom of a very old screen on a 3Xs-as-old window that doesn't lock. My logic was, "Why wait for the culprit to raise my window when I can scare the cr*p out of him when he tampers with my screen first..?" Um, well, *I* was the one who had the cr*p scared out of me one evening when the alarm went off and NOTHING would turn it off. Turns out the rain that night made contact with the prongs and set it off. I about had heart failure AND nearly damaged my hearing.

If you want LOUD, and an efficient little light to attract attention, then this is a great investment. Like 'Steely Blue' explained pretty well, yes, certain people can disarm it, but MOST intruders are NOT expecting an alarm and are too dumb to know how to interfere with it.
on December 2, 2011
Bought this because I am always working outside in the field and at times, I will get caught up working where no one knows that I am. At times, I have fallen over the hillside and this thing attaches to your belt or put in your pocket. If you need help, just pull the lead and it sounds extremely loud so that your neighbors can find you quickly and know something is wrong. It is also good if you are out walking and may just save your life if you get attacked.