Streets Of Gold [Explicit]
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:$9.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on June 30, 2010
the boys from boulder are back at it with their 3rd release and it is worth your money. it is different (more polished) than previous releases. the album is more pop than catchy raps over electronic/dance beats thtat being said it is still a great album.

my top 5 songs are:
1) i can do anything
2) my first kiss w/ ke$ha
3) deja vu
4) touchin on my
5) i know how to say
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 14, 2010
Honestly, I'm an old 70's rocker with a ear for great music - this cd to me is 3oh!3's "Ill Communication" - it's their break out CD. The question is ... where do they go from here?
I first heard this album via my 15 yr old son, it's been in heavy rotation since! It fit's really well along side of the previously mentioned Beastie Boys CD. The production is polished and this album is somewhat radio friendly .. true!

I've heard some of their earlier stuff, maybe I need to spend more time with it, but I wasn't that impressed. This album however contains great lyrics (excellent writing, surprising rhymes) - "we can do an album or we can do it viral, spread it like an std you got back in high school" - I mean come on ...now that's how you start an album!

"I wake up in the morning with the taste of your tongue" it doesn't even rhyme ... What pops into your mind? ... that's great writing!

Cheers
on February 22, 2011
As a music fanatic, this album is definitely up there for quality. It has good lyrics, follows the pop culture trends, and is overall a good album.
Some of my personal favorites from the album are:
My First Kiss,
Déjà Vu,
R.I.P.,
and I Can Do Anything.
All of these songs have a good rhythm and are catchy.
on October 24, 2010
3OH!3 "Streets of Gold (Limited Edition CD/DVD)" 2010

1. Beaumont (1 star [there is no singer, LOL])
2. I Can Do Anything (3 stars)
3. My First Kiss (5 stars)
4. Deja Vu (5 stars)
5. We Are Young (4 stars)
6. Touchin' On My (2 stars [it wasn't at all good in my opinion])
7. House Party (3 [the lead singer was singing weird and it had a weird beat to it])
8. R.I.P. (4 stars [it would be 5 stars if it wasn't a tad bit dramatic])
9. I Know How to Say (3 stars)
10. Double Vision (5 stars [I love it when it's on the radio])
11. I'm Not the One (4 stars)
12. Streets of Gold (3 [since the chorus was almost repeated, I found it a bit boring])
13. See You Go (4 stars)
14. Love 2012 (3 stars [the song was just boring to death, there was no spark])

My favorite songs were: My First Kiss, Deja Vu, Double Vision, and R.I.P. even though it wasn't 5 stars. I dreaded the way it wasn't as good as their album, "Want". I even downloaded it before I bought it, and I thought 'Wow, this isn't as good as their album, "Want" so I don't think I want to buy their new album.' and so I didn't and I'm letting you guys know, if you agree with me, thank you and try to understand that every music band or singer has a song that isn't as popular as it should be. Trust me, this happens!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
3OH!3 succeed at one thing - being incredibly stupid. Streets Of Gold [Explicit] is easily the stupidest album of 2010 by all means - well maybe save for Ke$ha's Animal. Some of it is so stupid that it is enjoyable while the rest suffers from sagging moments and "same-y" material. Face it, you can only be so stupid before it grows annoying, and that is the main issue I have with 'Streets of Gold.' It's cool for a while and then it just wears off just like that.

"Beaumont" is an instrumental cut that opens the album, but after listening to 'Streets of Gold' several times, I couldn't tell you what purpose it serves; it brings nothing noteworthy to the album. "I Can Do Anything" is the first vocal cut and despite its consummate stupidity, Sean Foreman and Nathaniel Motte manage to get in some great lines: "we can do an album or we could do it viral/spread it like an STD you got back in high school" from verse 1 or "I could write bad checks, I could smoke cigarettes/I could be valedictorian having no sex." Take your pick, though you have to go no further than the childish refrain: "I ain't gonna take no s--- from no one, I ain't gonna take no lip from no one..." - way to go college graduates that you are 3OH!3. "My First Kiss" is outrageous as well, and the added member of Ke$ha just heightens the absurdness to the next level. But face it people, we all love the stupidity of "my first kiss went a little like this... and twist... and twist..."

"Déjà Vu," apparently the most common title for a song in recent times (Beyoncé, Mike Posner, etc.) features the ubiquitous Dr. Luke, though it fails to captivate as much as "I Can Do Anything" or "My First Kiss" and by captivate, I mean arouse enough stupidity to keep the listeners attention. "We Are Young" takes care of the trick, marking an upswing of numbers that are stupid, but at least interesting. "We Are Young" is incredibly catchy with another killer, simplistic hook ("we are young, we are young/we drink and we fight and we love just because/we are dumb, we're on the run, and you're never gonna chase us down.") and a great "stomping" beat. Typical 3OH!3. "Touchin on My" supposedly leaves something to the imagination where a censor sound replaces the offensive lyric - as if it weren't obvious. None the less, dumb continues to dominate and the hip-hop savvy "House Party" doesn't turn the tide with another big dopey hook to captivate us ("I'm gonna have a house party in my house, I'm gonna pour booze down my mouth/I might stay up until the A.M., yeah I think tonight I'm just gonna stay in"). The plethora of profanities on "House Party" further reminds us how immature 3OH!3 and this "electro-pop" genre truly is.

"R.I.P." is a bit more mature than previous cuts, still with a catchy hook to benefit it. "I Know How To Say" features an uptempo groove and is as catchy as anything else. From the album standpoint, "I Know How To Say" is just average; other cuts with equal stupidity win. "Double Vision" is a great cut in the context of this album with fine production work and another sappy, yet worthwhile hook. Sadly for us the listeners, it is the last standout cut as "I'm Not The One," title track "Streets of Gold," "See You Go," and "Love 2012" suffer from being too much of the same and rather uninspired. Of course the production is good, but eventually even that grows old and can't save the album from going "over the edge" with it's immaturity.

So basically, fans and listeners alike will benefit from 3OH!3's 'Streets of Gold/ the most by taking it as a big joke. There is no substance - literally none - and the album is good for "guilty pleasures" that probably should have stayed guilty. It has its moments, but none of them are going to be recognized as "earth-shattering" or better yet "great" in the coming years. 3 stars? Maybe? Maybe that's too generous? :-))
on June 3, 2011
One of the few bands that I will actually buy a CD from... there first CD was better. Still there are 3 or 4 sounds I like such as Touchin on My and First Kiss.
on July 26, 2010
This cd isn't much like "Want" at all. I do miss the songs like "PhotoFinnish" and ChokeChain" but I do not think this cd disappoints at all. It's catchy, lyrically fun, and more pop than their previous work but I enjoy hearing 3OH!3 evolve as a group. Some may say that this cd is a sell out cd because they have gained so much popularity. I agree that "Streets of Gold" probably is but I am no less fond of it because I am absolutely in love with it!
on September 20, 2011
"Streets of Gold" by 3Oh!3 contains songs that symbolize having fun, and making the best of whatever comes in life. The musical tracks on this cd have a unique electronica feel with the theme of being courageous in taking chances. My favorite musical creation on this cd is "My First Kiss" (featuring Ke$ha). "Streets of Gold" is great to get for many who enjoy dance, pop, and/or electronica music.
on November 2, 2010
Amazing. Essential for every diehard 3OH!3 fan. Thanks to amazon for having this deluxe package as fans outside of the US could not preorder.
Great little package including the 30minute documentary made by Nat and Sean, exclusive instrumentals and killer artwork. Worth every penny!
on June 30, 2010
ok so im pretty glad i got this cd. no it isnt the old 3Oh!3 that i loved, but its still good. the thing that upset me is that i purchased the delux edition of the cd from a hot topic and the hard copy does not have the bonus tracks that you get from itunes. i would much rather have the hard copy of a cd then have a digital download from itunes, but id really like to have those bonus tracks too. lame.

anyways,

Beaumont - so its an instrumental track, reminds me alot of Tapp (i wonder why?)

I Can Do Anything - this song is alot like their old stuff, still has a pretty poppy feel to it, but i like it

My First Kiss - ok so maybe its just me, but i love Ke$ha and 3oh!3 together, i think they fit really well. the kissing sounds were really cheesy though.

Deja Vu - another one of the first singles from the album. it has a really poppy feel to it. almost Dont Trust me esque.

We Are Young - if you can call 3oh!3 anthemic at all, this song would be why. one of the best songs on the album, i met these guys at a mall and this was the song that was playing. this song reminds me more of classic 3oh!3

Touchin on My - ok so this is probably my favorite song on the album. i think it gives a good Classic 3oh!3 feel, with a good poppy chorus. i think this may have been done before though, Pussy cat dolls? Beep? haha i still really like it.

House Party - ok so this song is really annoying. least favorite on the album. "im gunna have a house party in my house" nuff said

R.I.P. - another really good song, still has a more poppy feel then anything on WANT, but its good. if i had to compare it to anything else id say its alot like still around. more upbeat though.

I Know How To Say - my second least favorite song on the album. its pretty annoying too. the beats are lame and so are the lyrics. ehh

Double Vision - another single, pretty good. really poppy. i think of being at a beach party everytime i hear it.

Im Not the One - another song that compares to still around. obviously another slow one. pretty good. no complaints here.

Streets of Gold - i think its good, it has a nice flow, and the lyrics arent downright obnoxious. worth listening to but not special.

See You Go - pretty poppy, the chorus is catchy and the verses are good. its one of the highlights to the album.

Love 2012 - i think its good, another highlight from the album, i like the beat to this one, but the flow is kinda funky. im still deciding if i like it. its different. dont know if it was the best way to end the album.

soooo all in all i think that what happened was, Nate and Sean saw how successsfull Dont Trust Me was, they then made the decision to make the next album sound more like that. every band wants to sell records. i think this album, if more then one of the songs gets radio play, will sell a decent amount. if that happens maybe the guys will go back in the studio and put out a truly great record. till then ill keep listnening to everything that i have from them because i am a true fan. thank you, have a great evening.