5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding
Published on October 28, 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy use
This book is for a start up small business. Easy, walk through, step by step planning. Good conservative insights of what an investor or bank would be looking for. Favors the service industry.
It is designed to provide an annual plan ... not a five year plan. There is little in the book for advice in an ongoing buisness.
The verbage, however, is useful...
Published on September 13, 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, October 28, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Streetwise Complete Business Plan: Writing a Business Plan Has Never Been Easier! (Paperback)
It has a great format where he walks you through each page of your business plan with all sorts of samples where you can plug in your specific business items. But it's not just fill-in-the-blanks. For any given section, he gives you many sample outlines to follow, according to your specific type of business and how mature the business is. Definitely helps you to brainstorm and walk away with all sorts of new ideas. I can't recommend it enough.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy use, September 13, 2000
By A Customer
The verbage, however, is useful for any business plan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, Simple Guide, July 10, 2001
This is an excellent book that will walk you through the process of writing your business plan. It covers all of the major sections of creating a business plan including Executive Summary, Market Analysis, Competitive Analysis, Strategy, Sales and Marketing, and so on. For each area, it asks clear questions, offers guidance to answering them, and offers different examples and formats that could be appropriate for different types of businesses. This is also one of the only business planning books that offers help with the financials!
Also, the book is well laid out and organized. It can be easily skimmed or read cover-to-cover with the major points highlighted well with excellent graphics. The sample business plans are very simple but concise and well written. Though they are not "real" examples, they can help provide guidance and get the juices flowing. Do not expect the book to make you a master of business planning, but as a tool to get started it is excellent. Furthermore, it can help you get thinking strategically and to get you asking yourself the right questions.
The only real negative about the book is that it does not tell you what types of formats or plans are appropriate for different types of businesses, and different types of financing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Step-by-Step Guide for Writing a Winning Plan!, April 29, 2001
W. Harris (Detroit, MI USA) - See all my reviews
I am a very proficient writer who found the task of writing a business plan for my consulting practice overwhelming. I knew what I needed to say, yet getting that perfect concise wording proved more than a notion. After reviewing several business plan "how-to" books, I found that only Bob Adams Streetwise Complete Business Plan: Writing a Business Plan Has Never Been Easier! (Adams Streetwise Series) has made writing a first-rate business plan painless and pleasurable.

Whether a start-up or existing business, Bob has done the "scratch work" for each section of your plan and provided a wide variety of pre-written text options for you to tailor to your specific situation. In addition, he walks you through every step of creating those much scrutinized financial documents, item by item, giving formulas when necessary so that nothing is omitted or misunderstood.

It has been 18 months since I used Bob's book to construct my initial business plan. The results was a "living" document that has served me better than I ever anticipated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Writer's Block? Get started now!, February 9, 2005
yowzers14 (Central Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
I am an proficient writer, but I had never written a business plan before, so I had trouble getting started. Of the three books I purchased on writing business plans, this one was the most helpful because it provides "lead ins" to get me started, with suggestions for elaborating on details. For example, "Our key competitive advantage is..."

Over a few days, I was able to assemble a skeleton of a business plan. After researching my industry for marketing and competition, I was able to fill in the sections I had outlined with the use of the book. My business plan was well-received by bankers and business people. It gave me confidence from having done thorough research on operating the business.

I had bought a used paperback (without software) on Amazon for $6.00. In hindsight, the software may have saved typing time. I couldn't have written my business plan without this book!

Used & New from: $0.01