4.0 out of 5 stars Very good map
The other reviews of this map are spot on. Heavy laminated paper stock. Folds easily. Should hold up well. The color scheme depicting a green to white land mass surrounded by a light purple ocean makes it easy to orient yourself.

Published on January 14, 2013 by D. Bethune

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not among Streetwise's best
Published on March 16, 2012 by Mike

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not among Streetwise's best, March 16, 2012
This review is from: Streetwise Cuba Map - Laminated Country Road Map of Cuba (Map)
Having just returned from a trip to Cuba, I had a chance to make maximum use of this map. In general I am a big fan of Streetwise maps, but this one falls short in several respects. It concentrates on Havana's central districts but cuts off the covered area without putting it into the larger context of the metro region. An inset metro map showing the main communities around Havana would be helpful.

Within the covered area, some neighborhoods are left with little detail, while others are so packed with printed detail (in very small font) that it's hard to figure out exactly what is located where. This is especially true of Havana Vieja, the oldest colonial neighborhood. Some of the streets are unnamed, making it hard to navigate on the ground. One of the 4 major plazas does not show on the map at all (Plaza de Simon Bolivar) and another is misnamed (Plaza Vieja is identified as Plaza Viela).

The reverse side of the map shows main roads and geographic features for the entire island, but the roads are not numbered so it would be impossible to use this map to navigate. I could live with it since we were on a bus and I was just using the island map to get a sense of direction and where we were at any given time but I could not have used this map if I were driving.

In general, I expect more from Streetwise. I will continue to buy their products but I do warn prospective travelers to Cuba that this one does not rise to their generally high standards.

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy a decent map in Cuba, March 31, 2013
One thing the Cubans do quite well is make cheap, up to date maps. If you're going to Havana be advised this Streetwise map cuts off just to the west of the cemetery--in fact, doesn't even cover the entire cemetery. Not much to the south either although there probably isn't much of interest to tourists in those parts of the city. This map might work for a first-time visitor who spends most of their time in Old Havana or Centro but if you go to a place like Miramar, it does not exist on this map. For the areas it covers, it's fine. It just doesn't cover much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good map, January 14, 2013

My only knock: this map should be a little bigger. It's only 8 inches tall and 33 inches wide. The entire country is depicted on one side, with close ups of old Havana, Varadero and Playas del Este on the other. I know Cuba is a relatively small country, but a slightly larger map with slightly larger fonts would be easier to read.

This is why I gave it four stars rather than five.

Otherwise, I'm very satisfied with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great map, February 5, 2012
Tally Esq. (Tallahassee, FL) - See all my reviews
Streetwise maps are great, even if you have a GPS and iPhone (which don't work too well in Cuba). This really helped in Havana and in the countryside. Easy to fold and durable.
I have used them in other areas of the world and have never been let down.

5.0 out of 5 stars AS GOOD AS A GPS AND CHEAPER, May 30, 2012
The first thing I like about the Streetwise Maps is that they are laminated. No need to worry about getting them wet, dirty, smudgy and having to replace them. When you buy one for a particular city, it should last for years. It's even possible to use a dry erase marker and simply wipe clean.

The map includes all pertinent details of the city, including of course, the streets, hospitals, shopping malls, businesses, museums and landmarks that you would otherwise not know about using a GPS system. If you have a GPS in your car, it's not much good if you're flying to different cities. These maps can be ordered ahead of time and just put them in your briefcase. I recommend this map to all travelers either for business, vacation or even if you live in the city.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Map to augment any guidebook, December 16, 2012
Having the map of the main areas of cuba was fantastic. We used it along with the more detailed maps in our guidebook. We had it out everyday. The lamination, not too thick, made it more practical than the paper maps and it looks as if it was never used.

3.0 out of 5 stars Should be better than it is., November 5, 2014
This did not help me as much in getting around Havana as did the maps in the DK Eyewitness guide. As we traveled around the country, it did give me a sense of the distances and where I was, but it was NOT helpful in navigating the various parts of Havana.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good., February 19, 2015
Small print but that's comes with trying to have a map for the entire city. It does not cover the western part of the city where the aquarium is. I know it would mean taking from something else, but a close-up of Old Havana would be nice

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect traveling companion, February 3, 2015
Ricki (NY, NY USA) - See all my reviews
I have depended upon the quality of Streetwise Maps for years and the Cuba map is no exception. A travel guide that is a page thick and folds into your pocket. The perfect traveling companion, I recommend it for anyone traveling to Cuba.

5.0 out of 5 stars Street Map of Havana, Cuba, November 20, 2012
loosey (Los Angeles, USA) - See all my reviews
This map is perfect for travel - heavy card stock and treated so waterproof. Very colorful, detailed and easy to read. I would highly recommend this map for anyone traveling to Cuba. It folds up so I can stick it in my pocket or purse.

Streetwise Cuba Map - Laminated Country Road Map of Cuba
Streetwise Cuba Map - Laminated Country Road Map of Cuba by Streetwise Maps (Map - February 1, 2013)
$7.95