5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book for children of any age!!!
Wonderful story of Strega Nona, an Italian witch / wise woman. This was a great book. My daughter was riveted in spite of the length of the story. We both enjoyed it. I especially liked the Italian words here and there which gave it flavour. A very positive book.
Published on July 20, 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars The worst Tomie dePaola book I've read.
Most of Tomie dePaola's Strega Nona books are really fantastic. This one isn't. This book is for someone who loves the Strega Nona character, and will uncritically love any story that has her in it. I bought this one used and it looks to be an autographed copy. That won't be enough to stop me from donating it to the local thrift store.
Published on September 3, 2011 by Samuel A. Danziger

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book for children of any age!!!, July 20, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Strega Nona, Her Story (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars MY INSPIRATION TOMIE DE PAOLA, November 26, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Strega Nona: Her Story (Paperback)
I just love Tomie de Paola books. He is for me a great inspitation. As a college student, studying to be a teacher I took courses that I needed to do an Author Study. I found his books the greatest. However I must say...I knew about Mr. T. de Paola even before the author study. I especially love his Strega Nona series. In my high school days, I volunteered at he library in my neighborhood to read at a program they had called STORYTIME
each month they had a different author. I enjoyed reading His books....The kids love him also. When I had my own children, I read the book Strega Nona as soon as I brought them home. Of course also his other books. I am a collector of his books. I do not want to offend any other authors who also write children's books. I like them too. However Tomie's books touch my heart.
His chapter books for the older children are FANTASTIC.....As a matter of fact at my school, there is a big section set up just with his books. I find that he write from the heart. THAT IS WHAT MAKES A GREAT AUTHOR.
Just want to say THANK YOU Tomie de Paola. And Kids Read Read Read. His books are great....

5.0 out of 5 stars Strega Nona: Her Story, October 22, 2002
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Strega Nona: Her Story (Paperback)
I enjoyed reading this book because I thought it was funny.
I liked all the magic spells that Strega Nona did. She made all the people in her town happy. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes magic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Learining Italian, December 6, 2013
Angela Assante (MECHANICSBURG, PENNSYLVANIA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Strega Nona: Her Story (Paperback)
Bought a few of these, in the series, to give as gifts for my great niece. She loves being read to and it's fun, being of Italian descent, to interject some of my personal experiences and family stories to her.

4.0 out of 5 stars A cute story, not as good as the original, May 10, 2011
This review is from: Strega Nona: Her Story (Paperback)
While I enjoyed reading this story to my young daughters, it isn't as good as the original. My 2 and a half year old twins LOVE the "pasta song" and continually ask me to sing it - so it was worth purchasing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strega Nona will bring joy and laughter as you read her stories, September 21, 2014
We have gotten I do believe every Strega Nona book there is
My daughter delights in our storytime reading all of them over & over again
Big Anthony is her fav character after Strega Nona
Unreal that the town she lives in Italy is where my maternal Grandfather is from & brings such smiles to her face which
warms my heart beyond words

5.0 out of 5 stars hae always loved any book by tomi depaola, June 23, 2014
This review is from: Strega Nona: Her Story (Paperback)
de paola's books are always enchanting and engaging for young and old alike. we were fortunate to see the play with our grandchildren who were riveted to the players. since they knew the story so well they felt very connected to the actors. every child should have a tomi depaola experience!

5.0 out of 5 stars Strega Nona is my favorite., August 13, 2013
This review is from: Strega Nona: Her Story (Paperback)
I think I own almost all of Tomie dePaola's books. I have some from when my children were young and have bought new ones for my grandchildren. They just love Strega Nona!

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming book for kids of all ages, July 2, 2013
This review is from: Strega Nona: Her Story (Paperback)
Tomie dePaola is a genius and Strega Nona is adorable. I purchased this for a friend of Italian descent because I couldn't believe she'd never heard of this sweet, magical lady.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Story, April 8, 2013
This review is from: Strega Nona: Her Story (Paperback)
The Strega Nona books are great in the way they talk about magic but aren't overbearing or pushy with the religious side (the priests and nuns also come to her for her help). It shows very well how two worlds can co-exist, a lesson a lot of adults could learn from.

I believe this may be my favorite of the 3 we have so far (other two are Magic Lessons and the very first one). It's a beautiful story!

Strega Nona: Her Story
Strega Nona: Her Story by Tomie dePaola (Paperback - September 11, 2000)
$6.99 $6.91