Questions & Answers
StrengthsFinder 2.0
by Tom Rath
4.0 out of 5 stars (2,098)
$15.44
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 questions
votes
Did you ever find out about the access code for the kindle version? I want buy but won't if the code isn't included. Thanks!
Nov 28, 2008 by Andrew Mok
vote
I actually used the Strength Themes to assess the successor partners in our firm. We are in an ownership transition that we have planned for over the past 20 years. Three of us (with more than 100 years experience, altogether) are retiring within 6 months. There are three successor partners (with about 45 years in experience) continuing). As President, and the founder, I wanted to use it as a tool to stimulate discussion on how they might divide up their partner responsibilities best. We did the testing and compiled them for a little workshop. There were clear indications of who should hire and mentor staff, who should lead the productivity effort, who should be the 'keeper of knowledge'; and so on. Fortunately, it showed that they had generally self-elected to assign those responsibilities to partners who's strengths would facilitate success. For those that had not been formally sought or assigned, it provided a great (and remarkably intuitive) basis for "who should take that one". Interestingly, it also pointed out some gaps to be filled. These guys are all engineers, and not particularly long on people skills. They are considering some assitance in a Business Development department, for example. So, altogether, it provided an excellent, non-confrontational framework for comparing skill sets needed with strengths available and both affirmed their choices; and suggested other choices. In another instance, we (the managing partners) used the 5 top themes to recognize why we had picked the absolute wrong mentor for a struggling employee; and, crisply picked the right mentor who's strengths complimented (rather than exacerbated) the underproducing employees needs. Little successes like that help cement the value to our rather skeptical managers. The employees just love being able to discuss their strengths in performance reviews. Mike
Jul 18, 2008 by P. Taylor
votes
Would you rather.... or ..... (Several questions were in this format).
Aug 5, 2013 by Mrs. Nelson
votes
Yes, just read the library copy for an updated description of the signature themes. The test is very similar, and the 1.0 test did a perfectly good job; this one must be tweaked in fairly subtle ways, as the difference was not obvious to me. However, I was very glad to take the test a second time. I took the two tests about 18 months apart, and my top three themes stayed the same, and in the same order. But my bottom two themes were different the second time. Through an extended discussion with the Strengths Coach that facilitated our second test, I was able to guess (accurately, I believe) at the order of those bottom four themes. So now I know my top SEVEN themes in order, which I find very helpful. Some folks who know me well felt vindicated too, as both the "new" themes were ones they had previously said were "signatures" for me. Not that the old ones were inaccurate, just incomplete. But contrary to many one-star reviewers, I have zero interest in my ordering of all 34 themes, nor do I want to know my "bottom 5" (two of which I can guess already, and knowing the others would just depress me). As the Strengths folks point out, it's more than enough to focus on developing a couple of strengths at a time, and the whole point of strengths-based coaching is to maximize your *best* strengths, not develop a deep bench of the middling themes. But taking the test a second time can be helpful to affirm how rigid the order of those top strengths might be, and to possibly reveal an additional "sixth strength", or even a seventh.
Nov 4, 2009 by Nicolas Nelson
votes
access code Oct 1, 2013
I am not sure what the question is. The access code is in a little folder in the back of the book.
Oct 1, 2013 by Evey
votes
I'm assuming YES. The access code is the way to get the results of the "test" within the book.
Jul 28, 2013 by Data Grrl
votes
It sure looks like it. If you click on the author link for Tom Rath when you search for "Part-time Businesses", it brings me to a list of all the other books by Tom Rath. I didn't see it on his author page, but he may not have "claimed it" by adding it to his author page. Maybe he has some reason for doing so or just forgot. It's possible it isn't him, but if you repeat the process I took (go to the book you mentioned, click on his name link), you will see Strengths Finder and so on listed.
Jul 27, 2012 by Andrea Coutu from Consultant Journal
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers