5.0 out of 5 stars Helping with fin regrowth
Published on March 25, 2012 by Kim Karas

1.0 out of 5 stars INCOMPATIBLE WITH SKIMMERS
I only use this product now and then because a friend who got me into the saltwater fish keeping hobby uses it. I live in Japan and the fish here seem to always come from the store with some type disease. So when I was starting out, I would make quarantine tanks and dose them with stress coat for water changes. I hadn't had any issues until now. I do not have any evidence...
Published 17 months ago by KEVIN DEISER

5.0 out of 5 stars Helping with fin regrowth, March 25, 2012
Two of my fish had their fins damaged by an aggressive tank mate. While this is a nice water conditioner, I bought it with specific hopes that it would aid in my fishes tail fins regrowth and it has done just that. I was very upset at the damage and didn't know how well mother nature alone would take care of it and this stress coat fish and tap water conditioner has definitely delighted me with it's efficiency. Pay close attention to the dosing. Extra size dose is recommended for fin damage.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this product!!!, January 1, 2012
I have been using this product for about 10 years and I love it. I have tried a few other water conditioners but my tanks always just seam to be healthier when I use this product. I highly recommend it :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, November 2, 2012
I rescued some fish from an overstocked tank and purchased this to help heal their battle scars as well as treat my tap water during water changes. Within 2 days of the first dose I can see improvements in the wounds on my fish. I will continue to use this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Water Changes, January 6, 2012
I use this product with every water change or when introducing new fish. I typically change twenty gallons out on a 55 gallon tank. I treat the 20 gallons full strength per instructions, which when added back to the tank would put it just under half strength. My fish are going on seven years of age, so I am very please with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars TAKE CARE OF YOUR FISH, January 24, 2014
This product is one of the best to help fish keep their protective coat of slime, and removes chlorine and chloramines

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this stuff: Using regularly since 1999., August 25, 2012
There are a great deal of water conditioners out there on the market for the fish tank. This is one that I've used regulary since 1999. I use it to condition my water for water changes, topping off the tank and when setting up a new tank. It removes both chlorine and chloramine from tap water. It also reduces fish stress and heals any damaged tissue, torn fins, and skin wounds. It also replaces the natural secretion of slime that is interrupted by handling, shipping, fish fighting, or other forms of stress and reduces the susceptibility to disease and infection. It is a great product, which I have no trouble recommending to others. I usually buy the larger size, but when in a pinch I buy this size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Conditioner...just beware of the type you buy. Here's why., September 22, 2008
This review is from: API Stress Coat Water Conditioner, 1-Gallon (Misc.)
This conditoner is the best ever. The aqarium remains clean and the fish thrive. I made the mistake of buying STRESS COAT+. Notice the +, this is because it includes an ammonia remover that through my aquarium off balance. I have mostly freshwater tetras and catfish. I found them gasping for air and soon developed small amounts of red algae. Keep in mind, I have maintained the aqaurium the same way with the same products for years. The ammonia remover must contain a phosphate that also removes the CO2 and oxygen from the water. This causes many fish to die and the red algae growth.

5.0 out of 5 stars be nice to your fish - use stress coat, August 18, 2008
This review is from: API Stress Coat Water Conditioner, 1-Gallon (Misc.)
yes, it's an added expense, but stress coat is very nice to have on hand for anytime you have a less than perfect situation in your tank; adding new fish, setting up a new tank, cleaning the old one or maybe the water quality got a tad bit too dirty before you changed it, or maybe your fish got sick/ stress coat just helps to ease the stress on the fish. be nice to your fish, use tress coat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential For Healthy Fish!, July 12, 2005
Stresscoat is NOT cheap but is absolutely necessary for every water change you make in your tank. It not only neutralizes tap water contaminants like heavy metals, chloramines, chlorine and some nitrates/nitrites, but it adds a protective natural coat to your fish. Every time you catch a fish, change the temperature, or have fish that are aggressive - they stress. This product is essential and is best to buy in this large quantity. I personally use it for my African Cichlids, which are VERY aggressive! This much Stresscoat will last me for over 115 water changes if I change 30% of my water twice a month (which I do at a minimum in a 50-gallon tank).

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried and true, September 29, 2009
I have relied on this product to pre-condition water for my tank for about 5 years.
This vendor is great - fast shipment, well packed, ahead of time.

API Stress Coat Water Conditioner, 1-Gallon