Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 1 X Stretch Genie
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

If you have a pair of shoes that is almost perfect, yet they rub in one spot (say, you have a bunion or a corn), you can use this kit to push out a section of the shoe leather to adjust the fit and make the shoe more comfortable. If you used to take shoes to a shoe repair shop to be adjusted, this is the technique they would use.

The kit consists of a solution (generally this is alcohol based) and a mold (knobs on a screw adjuster) that is inserted to stretch the leather at one particular point in the shoe. You spray the shoe and then insert the mold and adjust, then leave the shoe to dry and reshape itself at that point. I've had relatively good luck with this technique, but it is not a cure for badly fitted (too small, ie) shoes and some shoes just never feel good. So when you buy shoes, the old idea of "breaking them in" is pretty much not true. They either fit or they don't. But an adjustment for a particular foot issue can be a great help--for example, my feet have very narrow heels and sometimes, to get a shoe to stop flopping off my foot, the toe may be more narrow than I'd like.

This does not work on artificial leather, which lacks pores. Works on genuine leather, whether smooth, nubuck or suede.
2525 comments| 158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2012
I purchased this kit hoping to stretch out some shoes. The spray is nothing more that Isopropyl Alcohol (which is not good for most shoes). You can buy a bottle of that 5 times larger for only $1. The stretchers are made of plastic with metal screws. It didn't really work. I've been trying to stretch the same shoes since I bought it but to no avail.

Next time I'll spend the money and take them to a shoe place to have it done professionally.
on October 11, 2012
This stretching system is OK, but not really any good.

It is really cheap, but that is not the worst thing about it. Yes, it does stretch the shoes, but it is really, really difficult to get your fingers inside the shoes to adjust the turnbuckles. In fact, in some shoes it's impossible. So, you have to adjust the turnbuckles outside the shoes and then try and stuff them in. This is not easy.

Another thing is that these stretchers are not that wide. In fact, if you wear large shoes, forget it. With them widened to maximum, it barely fits in a 8-1/2 woman's shoe.

We will be buying the more professional system on Amazon. It is around $25.oo, but I'm sure it will be worth it compared to these crappy things.

on August 5, 2012
This product is advertised as:---stretches instantly to make shoes fit confortably. This is not so. I have applied the product to a pair of shoes for weeks now and am using the stretchers provided. The shoes are still tight and very uncomfortabl.e Save your money.
on October 18, 2012
I am more angry at myself than the Manufacturer, because I had had previous experience with the abysmal quality of the "GENIE" products. The "Genie" Bra was tossed in trash two minutes after I tried it on.

Why I thought the shoe stretcher would be any better, totally beats me. The only reason I didn't bother returning both of these pieces of garbage, is that their original cost was low enough that the refund I would get, was insufficient to make the bother and cost of the return worthwhile.

Me word of advice - DONT BELIEVE IN GENIES - They absolutely do NOT do what they promise! I can't understand why Amazon promotes such inferior merchandise.

Renee Wadler
on July 18, 2012
Followed directions but it did not work for me. Sounded too good to be true and it was. Should have known better.
on August 4, 2012
About Stretch Genie for shoes:
I ordered this product off the TV and wanted only the one item for $9.98 plus handling but could not talk to a human only a machine. After many,many offers I said NO. They sent me out other things I did NOT agree to and my bill became $88.65 and they got payed from my credit card. Without opening the box when it came I sent it back at MY OWN EXPENCE and they credited my account for less than half the charges. Now I have to fight for the rest of my money back. They are CROOKS of the first order.I will never buy from the TV ad's again!! I recomend that anyone not deal with this company ever and I hope and pray they get what's coming to them. Because they are, I belive the company is off shore where they can't be touched.I will report if the card company resolves this claim when it happends. These trickters us an automated system and not real people to talk to and when you go through all the answers they cut you off! But only after you give them all your info and card numbers. Just beware!
11 comment| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 18, 2012
I have used the product on a couple of different pairs of shoes with minimal results. The spray nozzle on the solution tends to clog after the first pump. Applying it with a cotton ball works better by removing the sprayer and dousing the cotton ball. Also can place the doused cotton ball in the shoe with the stretcher at the pressure point. For some reason, it worked ok on one shoe of a pair, but not the other shoe.

I haven't given up yet. After 3 overnight stretches, I am hoping to gradually get the result I need.
55 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2012
Found at a yard sale. I just wanted the stretch tools. This stuff smells like rubbing alcohol, but that is a solvent so there "could" be something else in the solution. DIdn't work. Then I found larger wooden shoe stretchers at a pharmacy...used the smaller "knob" that came with Stretch Genie to make a little pushed out area for my toes and that worked great. Save your money and get the larger, more sturdy cedar shoe shapers. I think you can order them here on Amazon, along with Kiwi leather stretcher solution (a well known trusted brand)! Get's 1 star for the small hardware that I was able to use.
on June 26, 2013
I bought a very expensive pair of shoes that really hurt my feet. I thought I could "break them in." That wasn't happening! I decided to try Stretch Genie before cutting my losses and getting rid of my shoes. It actually works just like the commercial! I just sprayed my shoes and walked around my house for a few minutes and now my shoes feel great on my feet. This product really works!