4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!
Published on March 31, 2009 by rc

3.0 out of 5 stars maybe I'm not used to eating natural fruit leathers
Published on May 15, 2011 by Kerryann Kenney

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, March 31, 2009
This review is from: Stretch Island Original Fruit Leather, Ripened Raspberry, 0.5-Ounce Bars (Pack of 30) (Grocery)
Gave only 4 starts because recently Amazon sent me a batch that was tough and hard to chew into. But the product itself is great if shipped fresh. The fresh ones last for a couple of months. But if you get a hard batch, recommend getting replacements because they are really hard to bite into and sometimes I feel like my teeth may fall out trying to rip into the hard pieces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum! Great Snack!, February 18, 2009
I've been a Fruit Leather fan for a long time and it really pays to buy in bulk. When these are on sale at our local grocery stores they're 50 cents each. What a deal on Amazon with the current promo code! I ordered 1 box of mango and 1 box of raspberry, and both were fresh (not old/hard/stale as some Amazon groceries can be). We don't eat much refined sugar in our home, so these are a convenient naturally sweet snack to eat anywhere/anytime. I always keep a few in my purse for our kids. Yum! Hopefully I can make these last longer than a week in our household!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very tasty, and a great snack, September 17, 2011
I actually have bought these often at various stores. They are typically around $0.60 a piece (give or take a nickel). I bought them here for $12 (for 30, or around $0.40 a piece). This particular flavor, "ripened Raspberry" is quite enjoyable. The raspberry is quite pronounced, and it is really the perfectly sized snack. Very enjoyable. Bueno, bueno.

3.0 out of 5 stars maybe I'm not used to eating natural fruit leathers, May 15, 2011
Maybe I'm not used to eating natural fruit leathers but I find this difficult to bite. It's sticky and pretty sweet and messy to eat. I've tried the apricot, raspberry and mango, the fruit flavors are good it is the texture I object too. I ordered this on subscribe and save so that my son could have a treat that was healthy -ish (it is pretty sweet). One son likes it, the other one thinks it is messy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum! Yum!, January 9, 2007
We've been buying all flavors of Stretch Island's fruit leathers for years - raspberry is one of our favorites. These are delicious. The kids love them. And no added sugars or other ingredients. Just pure fruit in a convenient way to take it along. My diaper bag and purse always have a few in them for the kids - and me - to snack on. But I do prefer their organic ones.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as impressed as others seem to be, April 15, 2009
I was expecting a more clean taste of fruit in these little things but I was disappointed. They are pretty tuff to bite and not a clear taste of anything rather just sweet flavor. I was expecting a more sweet/ tart flavor and was disappointed.
I doubt that I will be ordering more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kids Snack, April 2, 2009
We eat these everyday around our house. A great alternative to fruit roll-ups. They are healthy and even my 1 year old loves them. They are sticky, but just carry some wet wipes when you feed them to them out in public.

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy snack for adults!, February 23, 2011
As a child who grew up on fruit rollups, I crave gummy sweets. As an adult now aware of what the ingredients were in products like that, this is the BEST alternative I have found! Yes - this consistency is not like a fruit rollup, it is a little grainy and tougher but that's why it's called a leather, not a rollup. I like all of the flavors they have available but raspberry is definitely one of my favorites. I enjoy the slight tart it offers. All in all I'd say give it a try, you can't go wrong with this great price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious and NOT fruit roll ups. Win Win., July 7, 2014
They're so great! I love raspberry flavor (and the berries) and these taste great. I like this size package because I pack them in my lunch for school every day.
Sidenote for parents: when I was a kid, these were the best candy/treat in my lunch! I would've preferred those gusher gummies but they're so bad for you and my parents wouldn't have it.
Give your kid(s) healthy food and let them enjoy it! Give them fruit leathers. (My parents used to find them at Trader Joe's or something.)

3.0 out of 5 stars I love raspberry..., March 20, 2014
Teddy Lancaster (Everywhere I want to be) - See all my reviews
This was tasty, but the packaging is not simple to open (needed scissors). I liked it, but I will not buy again.