5.0 out of 5 stars Works as intended - no more discoloration!
Published on May 14, 2012 by Kristin

2.0 out of 5 stars Wont' work for hard core melasma
Published 18 months ago by amznshopper

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as intended - no more discoloration!, May 14, 2012
Kristin (Connecticut) - See all my reviews
This review is from: StriVectin-EV Get Even Brightening Serum, 1.7 fl. oz. (Health and Beauty)
I have been using this product for a month and noticed big changes in my skin. Within 5 days of using Strivectin's Brightening Serum the very light acne scars and sun discoloration I had completely disappeared. My darker acne scars have gotten lighter and will hopefully go away completely with long-term use. (The Strivectin package says it takes 8 weeks on average to eliminate spots.) I put this on every morning before moisturizer and every night after removing my makeup and I am glad that I stuck to this regimen because it is paying off. Although the price is steep, it's worth paying to remove years' worth of skin damage. I have tried using Clinque's Even Better Clinical Spot Remover and it didn't work after 3 months of use; Strivectin works almost immediately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, June 15, 2012
I have been using this for about three weeks now and I am really happy with the results I am seeing. The dark spots on my face are getting lighter and my skin just looks younger and healthier. It is expensive but it is a product that really seems to work. I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Added bonus, December 5, 2012
I ordered this product for its brightening benefits. However after a few days of using it, my acne has cleared up. I also paid a lot less than I would in store. Definitely recommended!

2.0 out of 5 stars Wont' work for hard core melasma, June 17, 2013
I've been using this for 8 weeks exactly. Everyone's skin pigmentation is different, so results will vary. I have ethnic skin so melasma is a problem. This may work for minor spots, but it doesn't work for melasma. I've tried numerous products, so I really didn't expect this to work either. I've come to acknowledge the fact that there's nothing in the market that exists for melasma; however, when I saw the Stri-Vectin 2-pack at Costco marked down to $48, I thought I give it a try.

The only difference I've seen is my skin tone is a little more evened out. The acne marks lightened up faster than normal but still exists after 8 weeks. It took 4 weeks to notice the slight lightening of fresh acne marks. Don't waste your money with this product or any product for that matter if you have melasma condition, it probably will not work... Just invest in a good makeup or concealer to cover it up until they come out with something that really works. Laser is an option but could even worsen the problem, which is why I decided against it. If you only have acne marks, try Mederma for scars or Epsom salt soaks to the face. It's cheaper and works faster. the Epsom salt soaks will help clear up existing acne as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars So so on sun spots, December 26, 2012
Carol M (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I've been using the product for a few weeks now. While I do notice an evening out of my skin overall, I don't notice a huge difference on a couple of sun spots on my cheeks. I'll keep trying it, but at the price I expect it to work better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Strivectin EV serum, February 20, 2014
I bought this due to the fact that since entering perimenopause, my skin has been an absolute mess--patchy, uneven; with red and dry spots. I also have some light-to-medium sunspots on my face. I've tried Clinique Dark Spot Correcter which did not help me at all--neither did any of the drugstore offerings. During the first few weeks of using this, I really didn't notice much of a difference--however I know it does take some time. I'd say after 3 weeks my skins evened out considerably. Now in my 4th week, my skin has an even, consistent appearance. My sunspots are still present but are far less noticeable. I use this 1-2x a day, let it sit for 5 minutes, and follow with Lancome's Bienfait UV 50 spf in the morning. I got a sample of Strivectin's SD cream along with this EV purchase (I bought it through Macy's--sorry, Amazon!) and I use that in the evening over the EV. I love the SD so much that I will be buying the full size shortly. All in all, I do believe the EV serum to be a product that does actually work for me. I will be purchasing this again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, February 15, 2013
I received a 7 day sample and it worked great, so I bought this bottle. Either this bottle was a dud or more likely your skin gets used to the serum and then doesn't react to it any longer. Sorry to say but a waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, August 23, 2012
I have been using Strivectin products for a few years and had a sample of this and saw my brown spots fading. The product is a little pricey but lasts a long time and is worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, February 4, 2014
I am 51 years old with numerous dark spots. Have been using for a short period and this stuff works. My complexion
Has never looked better. Use am and pm...

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy This!, September 13, 2014
Some things are just worth the money! This product does what it promises. I have olive skin and have always had an "okay" complexion. After about 8 weeks of use I noticed people actually began complimenting me on my complexion. This product really does even out your skin tone and brightens your complexion. I bought the 1.7 ounce size and it lasts about 6 months. I use one pump per application. So when you break down the price per use, Strivectin is very reasonable. I also use the under eye dark circle corrector and will never be without either of these products