Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on May 14, 2012
I have been using this product for a month and noticed big changes in my skin. Within 5 days of using Strivectin's Brightening Serum the very light acne scars and sun discoloration I had completely disappeared. My darker acne scars have gotten lighter and will hopefully go away completely with long-term use. (The Strivectin package says it takes 8 weeks on average to eliminate spots.) I put this on every morning before moisturizer and every night after removing my makeup and I am glad that I stuck to this regimen because it is paying off. Although the price is steep, it's worth paying to remove years' worth of skin damage. I have tried using Clinque's Even Better Clinical Spot Remover and it didn't work after 3 months of use; Strivectin works almost immediately.
0Comment40 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 15, 2012
I have been using this for about three weeks now and I am really happy with the results I am seeing. The dark spots on my face are getting lighter and my skin just looks younger and healthier. It is expensive but it is a product that really seems to work. I would highly recommend it.
on June 17, 2013
I've been using this for 8 weeks exactly. Everyone's skin pigmentation is different, so results will vary. I have ethnic skin so melasma is a problem. This may work for minor spots, but it doesn't work for melasma. I've tried numerous products, so I really didn't expect this to work either. I've come to acknowledge the fact that there's nothing in the market that exists for melasma; however, when I saw the Stri-Vectin 2-pack at Costco marked down to $48, I thought I give it a try.

The only difference I've seen is my skin tone is a little more evened out. The acne marks lightened up faster than normal but still exists after 8 weeks. It took 4 weeks to notice the slight lightening of fresh acne marks. Don't waste your money with this product or any product for that matter if you have melasma condition, it probably will not work... Just invest in a good makeup or concealer to cover it up until they come out with something that really works. Laser is an option but could even worsen the problem, which is why I decided against it. If you only have acne marks, try Mederma for scars or Epsom salt soaks to the face. It's cheaper and works faster. the Epsom salt soaks will help clear up existing acne as well.
44 comments14 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2015
I bought this at Marshall's for $20 and have been using it to fade some acne scars on my chin. I'm a dark skinned black woman so theses scars really show up. Within a week I noticed an improvement in that area....and almost a month later I can see much improvements. I use this with a alpha hydroxy face wash and lotion at night and I think that has helped to speed up the process. My family and friends have all been commenting on how great my skin looks. I can see it evening out my tone. I will continue with this product for the next 3months to see its full benefits sinc I know this process takes time.
on December 26, 2012
I've been using the product for a few weeks now. While I do notice an evening out of my skin overall, I don't notice a huge difference on a couple of sun spots on my cheeks. I'll keep trying it, but at the price I expect it to work better.
on February 20, 2014
I bought this due to the fact that since entering perimenopause, my skin has been an absolute mess--patchy, uneven; with red and dry spots. I also have some light-to-medium sunspots on my face. I've tried Clinique Dark Spot Correcter which did not help me at all--neither did any of the drugstore offerings. During the first few weeks of using this, I really didn't notice much of a difference--however I know it does take some time. I'd say after 3 weeks my skins evened out considerably. Now in my 4th week, my skin has an even, consistent appearance. My sunspots are still present but are far less noticeable. I use this 1-2x a day, let it sit for 5 minutes, and follow with Lancome's Bienfait UV 50 spf in the morning. I got a sample of Strivectin's SD cream along with this EV purchase (I bought it through Macy's--sorry, Amazon!) and I use that in the evening over the EV. I love the SD so much that I will be buying the full size shortly. All in all, I do believe the EV serum to be a product that does actually work for me. I will be purchasing this again.
on February 15, 2013
I received a 7 day sample and it worked great, so I bought this bottle. Either this bottle was a dud or more likely your skin gets used to the serum and then doesn't react to it any longer. Sorry to say but a waste of money.
11 comment7 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 5, 2012
I ordered this product for its brightening benefits. However after a few days of using it, my acne has cleared up. I also paid a lot less than I would in store. Definitely recommended!
on January 4, 2013
I am 45 and have some dark sun spots and red sun-damaged skin on my sternum (area above breasts and below neck). I have been using this product twice daily on this area, and have definitely seen results! My skin has a more even tone/appearance, and the texture seems less dry than before.
on August 23, 2012
I have been using Strivectin products for a few years and had a sample of this and saw my brown spots fading. The product is a little pricey but lasts a long time and is worth the money!

See 1 answered question