5.0 out of 5 stars Great 9" auger
Published on January 7, 2012 by A. Fowler

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well enough but knob broke right away
The auger is great but the knob attached to the screw which holds the shaft to the base split immediately. It might have even come that way. I'm cautious in that I never take it apart so the threads won't wear out as I've seen on other people's augers, so the knob certainly didn't break from wear.
Published 4 months ago by Pete

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 9" auger, January 7, 2012
A. Fowler (Northern WI United States) - See all my reviews
Our lake association has an aeration system to keep an area of our lake open to prevent fish kill. We put up 40 posts to form a fence around the open water. The 4" auger does a great job for us and the blades last 2-3 years. Don't bother trying to use a battery powered drill for big jobs; the cold drains the battery too fast. Three humans take turns so the job goes quickly.

4.0 out of 5 stars StrikeMaster® Lazer(tm) 2 - Pc. Hand Auger, 8", February 12, 2011
James J, Straub (Brevig Mission, AK, US) - See all my reviews
There is an adjustable handle, which is really handy to be able to put some weight on it at the beginning and lengthen it as you get farther down, except my twisty bolt for that maneuver is stripped after maybe twenty uses, other than that, it is definitely a few steps up from the hammer, heh, and then a step up from the redneck ice pick, (I think that is the name, a heavy red pole with an ice chipper on one side, and grip and hand loop on the other) and it came with a blade cover, which is great, didn't realize and bought one at the same time.

Takes about 15 minutes to make a three to four foot hole, without many breathers for me, and maybe half hour for my girlfriend, compared to an hour with last years ice chipper at four feet, and an hour in a two foot hole with a hammer.

4.0 out of 5 stars great for price, January 16, 2011
This is a great auger for the price. It far surpasses the next model down "mora version". I drilled 5 holes in about 5min including the time it takes to walk and space them out. Don't go bigger then 6' ver unless your in great shape! Not to mention anything larger is really more of a safety hazard and not needed. After all... people do bring kids and dogs out on the lake and I'd prefer mine to stay above the ice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Hot Knife Thru Butter, March 5, 2014
I'm a smaller than average female so I wanted an auger that I wouldn't have to struggle with. Knowing that the larger the auger size the more cubic inches of ice you are moving, I decided on the 5" because I usually fish perch, sunfish, and walleye. Plus, the price was right and there was no wait time on delivery at the time I ordered (the larger augers were backordered 1-3 weeks). This thing has ROCKED! I was out last Saturday cutting through 15" of ice within a minute and without struggle. I like the adjustable handle and it comes with a blade guard. Fits in my jet sled nicely. Happy fishing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuts ice!!!, January 27, 2013
Great ice auger, cuts the ice as it should. I wish I would have went with a 7" instead of the 6", (normally larger size = more work) if I had known this worked so great I would have went with a larger size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Auger, February 6, 2011
AWESOME LASER ICE AUGER. This was the best piece of fishing equipment my husband purchased (well I did for him) Its great and it works really well. He was very impressed! Shipping was awesome...arrived very quickly. If need be will do business with this company again. As for the wife of this product owner, I love it keeps my husband out of my hair and on the ice for hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strike Master Manual Auger, May 1, 2014
I looked all over for a manual hand ice auger and these people had one. I am collecting my stuff for next season. Their service was very fast and I would buy from them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, April 24, 2014
Rips right through the ice, I am very happy with it. A buddy of mine was using his gas auger for the 14 inch thick ice, and I gave my hand auger a shot for a few holes. It made it! I almost didn't. Not recommended for super thick ice, but it can be done.

5.0 out of 5 stars tipup!, April 23, 2014
Super sharp speedy through 38 inches of ice just what I needed . super portable nice cover to protect the blades and yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ice auger, April 23, 2014
Great product. Went through the ice with no problem. I'd recommend it to anyone , well worth the money, can't wait to use it again .

Strike Master Ice Augers Lazer Hand Auger, 7-Inch